Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The clear frontrunner for me

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,940
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Bob_C said:

Tequilla said:

Your attempts to rewrite herstory so that Trump was a giant slayer, for defeating a candidate with a 33/55% favorable/unfavorable rating, are laughable.

Right wingers obsessing over useless shit isn’t a bug, it’s a feature. Enjoy being outraged over trans rights for the next four years.

Trans "rights" are outrageous to most people, except spineless fags like you.
    Look how easy that was.
    I think you misunserstand how much latinos do not enjoy the woke bullshit.

I'm currently dating a latina chick and her dad is like super hardcore ...

I can't help it I love hanging out with the guy.

In 2008 Hispanic support for gay marriage was 38% and I heard all about how the republicans were going to use this to flip Latinos who really were conservatives at heart. Today their support for gay marriage is at 61%.

25% of Hispanics are millennials, 38% are gen z. Good luck winning that vote running on “anti woke”.
    The concept of 'all men are created equal' isn't woke, you dumb ass. The concept of judging one on the content of one's character isn't woke, dipshit.

NOGAF about who people are married to, whether they dick/lick a member of their own sex. They don't give a single fuck about if they want to dress up in heels and prance around their living room dancing to show tunes.

What they DO give a fuck about is granting elevated status or protections because they belt out "Oklahoma" in their underwear.

Why can't you get this through your thick head? Your stats just show that people want others to live and let live. This is called liberty. The want the same playing field and then make their own opportunity. They don't want to pay for other's dumb ass choices and fuckery.

You promote authoritarianism and identify politics daily. Own it.

The majority of republicans still don’t think same sex marriage should be recognized by law as valid. “Nobody cares”.

I take comfort in knowing in 10 years you’ll be saying the same thing about trans people. Nogaf as you will have moved on to some other disadvantaged group to pick on. That’s what you do, that’s all you have.
    What is marriage in the first place?

I’d be willing to bet that those that oppose same sex marriage largely feel that way for religious reasons

Legally, what’s the benefit to marriage? Healthcare access on spouse plan? Estate planning?

As others have mentioned, vast majority of Americans are on the side of individual Liberty, you do you, and want everybody to have the same rights and accesses as the next person. Where it gets messy is the separation of government and religion.
    I wish I never got married. I now have a lot less money and a worse handicap.
    Quite some time ago I asked our gay office manager why he wanted to get married and risk half his shit like us straight morons

He said no fucking way would he ever get married

Had a mate and was an ordained minister

I've been around gays since the 80s. Designers you know. Kids today think all this shit is new

It isn't
    It truly isn't.

As enunciated earlier, we had gays in the frat house in the 80s. Came in handy during sorority serenades and shit. Those guys could sing like motherfuckers.

• Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,074
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Bob_C said:

Tequilla said:

Your attempts to rewrite herstory so that Trump was a giant slayer, for defeating a candidate with a 33/55% favorable/unfavorable rating, are laughable.

Right wingers obsessing over useless shit isn’t a bug, it’s a feature. Enjoy being outraged over trans rights for the next four years.

Look how easy that was.

In 2008 Hispanic support for gay marriage was 38% and I heard all about how the republicans were going to use this to flip Latinos who really were conservatives at heart. Today their support for gay marriage is at 61%.

25% of Hispanics are millennials, 38% are gen z. Good luck winning that vote running on “anti woke”.
    The concept of 'all men are created equal' isn't woke, you dumb ass. The concept of judging one on the content of one's character isn't woke, dipshit.

NOGAF about who people are married to, whether they dick/lick a member of their own sex. They don't give a single fuck about if they want to dress up in heels and prance around their living room dancing to show tunes.

What they DO give a fuck about is granting elevated status or protections because they belt out "Oklahoma" in their underwear.

Why can't you get this through your thick head? Your stats just show that people want others to live and let live. This is called liberty. The want the same playing field and then make their own opportunity. They don't want to pay for other's dumb ass choices and fuckery.

The majority of republicans still don’t think same sex marriage should be recognized by law as valid. “Nobody cares”.

I take comfort in knowing in 10 years you’ll be saying the same thing about trans people. Nogaf as you will have moved on to some other disadvantaged group to pick on. That’s what you do, that’s all you have.

I’d be willing to bet that those that oppose same sex marriage largely feel that way for religious reasons

Legally, what’s the benefit to marriage? Healthcare access on spouse plan? Estate planning?

As others have mentioned, vast majority of Americans are on the side of individual Liberty, you do you, and want everybody to have the same rights and accesses as the next person. Where it gets messy is the separation of government and religion.
    Quite some time ago I asked our gay office manager why he wanted to get married and risk half his shit like us straight morons

I've been around gays since the 80s. Designers you know. Kids today think all this shit is new

It isn't
    It truly isn't.

As enunciated earlier, we had gays in the frat house in the 80s. Came in handy during sorority serenades and shit. Those guys could sing like motherfuckers.

Good cleaners after parties too.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,940
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Tequilla said:

Look how easy that was.

It isn't
    It truly isn't.

Would let you borrow their sweet OPs and Raybans too.

It cost a handy but that just added to the swole gun show so fair trade.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,554
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I actually convinced a guy to be against gay marriage because it discriminates against the Mormons and polygamy. Then convinced him that the federal government should never pass laws on marriage. The states should control it.

I left work before I could convince him to stop states from getting involved in marriage.

Marriage went to shit when they stopped dowries and prearranged unions.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Tequilla said:

Look how easy that was.

Yeah the party of family values and we need two parent households with a mom and a dad that’s the bedrock of society.

Gay marriage turns up and all of the sudden it’s “what even is marriage?”

Drivel.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,074
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited April 2021

Tequilla said:

Look how easy that was.

Yeah the party of family values and we need two parent households with a mom and a dad that’s the bedrock of society.

Drivel.
    The gays are a net positives to society. Would be even higher without Don Lemon. Mostly peaceful parades. If they want to get hitched and take a tax deduction, go for it. Couldn’t care less.

Do you disagree that 2 parent households are better than 1 parent households?
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Barry O was against they gays getting hitched.
    People forget.
  • Options
    hardhat said:

Barry O was against they gays getting hitched.
    People forget.

Fuck him too.
  • Options
    Bob_C said:

Tequilla said:

Look how easy that was.

Drivel.
    The gays are a net positives to society. Would be even higher without Don Lemon. Mostly peaceful parades. If they want to get hitched and take a tax deduction, go for it. Couldn’t care less.

I love it when you guys say shit, that half of republican voters don’t agree with, towards me like I need to be convinced. This would be like me, lecturing you, on gun rights. Piss off.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Look how easy that was.

Drivel.
    You’re completely twisting the question(s)

The family unit and children is probably a valid answer for why there’s a yes to marriage.

My bigger question or point was what/where is the line between government vs religious institutions being involved on the subject? Should there even be a line?

Personally, I don’t have any reason to believe that there should be a difference in how marriage (and the rights that come from it) whether we are talking male/female or same sex marriages ... all should have the same rights and opportunities available as it pertains to the legal system.

That said, I do think that the biggest obstacle on this subject comes when you merge in religious beliefs ... I don’t know how to reconcile that from a societal standpoint.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Bob_C said:

Tequilla said:

Look how easy that was.

Drivel.

I love it when you guys say shit, that half of republican voters don’t agree with, towards me like I need to be convinced. This would be like me, lecturing you, on gun rights. Piss off.
    You’re missing the point

It’s not uncommon for those that identify on the left politically to assume that those on the right all think and act the same.

Most that lean right would identify as right of center vs being hard right wing ... and people in this realm often have significant disagreements with those that are more hardline right

And the reverse is also true that not everybody that is left is polarized deep left
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Bob_C said:

Tequilla said:

Look how easy that was.

Drivel.

You’re missing the point

It’s not uncommon for those that identify on the left politically to assume that those on the right all think and act the same.

Most that lean right would identify as right of center vs being hard right wing ... and people in this realm often have significant disagreements with those that are more hardline right

And the reverse is also true that not everybody that is left is polarized deep left
    If I thought everyone on the right thought the same way, I wouldn’t still be in love with @dnc
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Tequilla said:

Look how easy that was.

It isn't
    It truly isn't.

Not that there’s anything wrong with it