Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Dylan Morris appreciation thread

Comments

• 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,545 Swaye's Wigwam

Our punter long snapper is more accurate beyond 15 yards.

Disagree. First beaver TD of the year. Never forget.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

I'm betting Jimmy does another

I appreciate him because he’s not Browning or Eason but he still hasn’t done shit.

I won’t crown a HS QB but Huard throws a pretty ball. The touch is crazy. Whether it will be the same with college DL and exotic blitzes coming at him is the issue.

Yeah, he won't be playing against the Kentwood or Tahoma defense anymore. All the things said about Huard were said about Eason. It's pretty clear Eason had all the talent he needed and then some but the college game was just too fast for him. He couldn't get in rhythm. The passing windows close much more quickly against 21 year old NFL prospects than they do against 17 year old semi-athletic white kids. This same narrative has followed a ton of 5* all-world talent high school QBs.

One thing I think will help Huard a lot is that he is clearly very passionate and seems like a guy who will be all in for the team and improving himself. For Eason, UW was just a necessary 1 year stop on his way to the NFL.
    This is a terrible comp, they aren't remotely similar passers.
    The point was similar amounts of praise was heaped upon them, not that they have similar throwing mechanics.
    Amounts of praise sure. But you said people are saying the same things about him as Eason which just isn’t the case. The specifics of why they are hyped are significantly different.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,130
    dnc said:

dnc said:

I appreciate him because he’s not Browning or Eason but he still hasn’t done shit.

I won’t crown a HS QB but Huard throws a pretty ball. The touch is crazy. Whether it will be the same with college DL and exotic blitzes coming at him is the issue.

Yeah, he won't be playing against the Kentwood or Tahoma defense anymore. All the things said about Huard were said about Eason. It's pretty clear Eason had all the talent he needed and then some but the college game was just too fast for him. He couldn't get in rhythm. The passing windows close much more quickly against 21 year old NFL prospects than they do against 17 year old semi-athletic white kids. This same narrative has followed a ton of 5* all-world talent high school QBs.

One thing I think will help Huard a lot is that he is clearly very passionate and seems like a guy who will be all in for the team and improving himself. For Eason, UW was just a necessary 1 year stop on his way to the NFL.
    The point was similar amounts of praise was heaped upon them, not that they have similar throwing mechanics.
    Amounts of praise sure. But you said people are saying the same things about him as Eason which just isn’t the case. The specifics of why they are hyped are significantly different.
    I guess I should have been more clear. I meant the fanfare, the program changer hype, etc. As I said, I do think Huard has a better head on his shoulders and will probably put more effort into improving himself but you never know how well these guys will transition to college ball.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

dnc said:

I guess I should have been more clear. I meant the fanfare, the program changer hype, etc. As I said, I do think Huard has a better head on his shoulders and will probably put more effort into improving himself but you never know how well these guys will transition to college ball.
    Completely fair
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,671 Standard Supporter
    I am slowly watching the OSU game and Morris looked pretty cool in the pocket. First half Puki looked like crap - Turner looked worse*, Morris over threw a long ball. Good news is it is harder to intercept when overthrown

*made a tackle as he got driven backwards 5-6 yards. I laffed
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,854
    edited March 2021

Just rewatched highlights from OSU, Zona, and Utah. Morris is a baller and a winner, and that was as a freshman. I can see why two other 4* QBs transferred away between him and Huard.

He’s fine. Ballers don’t put up 0 pts in the 1st half back to back weeks. Ballers can hit throws 15+ yards downfield.

Winners don’t lose to Stanford and play like shit for an entire half.

We’ve never had a true baller or winner at QB in my lifetime. This is a doogman-esque take.
    *incoming doogs trying to dunk on for my Sirmon take b/c I criticized Morris*
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,609 Swaye's Wigwam

Just rewatched highlights from OSU, Zona, and Utah. Morris is a baller and a winner, and that was as a freshman. I can see why two other 4* QBs transferred away between him and Huard.

He’s fine. Ballers don’t put up 0 pts in the 1st half back to back weeks. Ballers can hit throws 15+ yards downfield.

We’ve never had a true baller or winner at QB in my lifetime. This is a doogman-esque take.
    Youre a fucking DDY dick sucking doog. The worst kind of doog.

Case closed.

Case closed.

*incoming doogs trying to dunk on for my Sirmon take b/c I criticized Morris*

Your take on the Sitmon/Morris battle was so fucking awful it needs to be brought up before you start spouting off about this years qb battle.

Ahh there it is. There’s 0 correlation between my Sirmon take and Morris being an average QB. Sirmon obviously sucks. But doogs will try to dunk on me, wanting the more physically talented guy to start. He didn’t have the other tools clearly.

But to suck off a guy who couldn’t push the ball downfield is strange.
    Gladstone said:

PSA:

It's OK to be pro-iSHIT and also admit that DyMo looked pretty lo damn good for a freshman (with JAG RBs + WRs with no hands save Bynum + without a spring ball + remote/questionable OC).

QB confidence should be at its highest since Browning pre-shoulder injury in 2016.

He was fine. I’m not going to suck a guy who can’t stretch the field off. He has limitations but it puts a cap on our offense as a whole. Like it did with Browning.

Case closed.
    I’m sorry that I want guys that are closer to the arm talent of a Justin Fields or a Trevor Lawrence than I do a Jake Browning. I’m truly sorry.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

PSA:

It's OK to be pro-iSHIT and also admit that DyMo looked pretty lo damn good for a freshman (with JAG RBs + WRs with no hands save Bynum + without a spring ball + remote/questionable OC).

QB confidence should be at its highest since Browning pre-shoulder injury in 2016.

He was fine. I’m not going to suck a guy who can’t stretch the field off. He has limitations but it puts a cap on our offense as a whole. Like it did with Browning.
    The only reason I disagree with you is that you mischaracterize Morris. He isn't limited the way you say he is. He can make downfield throws. The stats say otherwise but we all have eyes. He has plenty of arm (bet you it's stronger than Huard's). The timing wasn't there AND a large number of catchable throws went, or would have gone, 25+ yards if receivers had made makeable plays.

That was a fucked up season. We caught glimpses of strengths and weaknesses of new guys, but reaching definitive conclusions from four lifeless, intersquad scrimmages is sketchy.

Again though...Huard throws more precise, catchable balls. The receivers have a hard time picking up the ball coming from Morris due to his odd arm angles and twitchy throwing motion. If Huard gets the offense, I'm betting on him beating Morris out.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,609 Swaye's Wigwam
    Quadruple post doog fucking loser
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam

Quadruple post doog fucking loser

You are the king doog, and everyone else here sees it, yet you throw that word around more than the rest of the board combined.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,786 Founders Club

Case closed.
    I’m sorry that I want guys that are closer to the arm talent of a Justin Fields or a Trevor Lawrence than I do a Jake Browning. I’m truly sorry.
    I want an Eason arm
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,786 Founders Club