Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Dylan Morris appreciation thread

doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
He’s the starter.

Comments

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,050 Standard Supporter
    Our punter is more accurate beyond 15 yards.
  • KimsCopperPennyKimsCopperPenny Member Posts: 221
    Finally some positivity
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,491 Standard Supporter

Our punter is more accurate beyond 15 yards.

Run the damn ball
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,854
    Jake Browning led a comeback against Utah in 2017.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    indeed. And as UW’s All-Tim #1 QB, Browning set a high bar that will be tough for Dylan to beat.

If's good to know Huard will be waiting in the wings if he gets injured.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,854
    edited March 2021
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

And that was his one out of 40 games. Dylan has one through 4.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,545 Swaye's Wigwam

Our punter long snapper is more accurate beyond 15 yards.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I appreciate him because he’s not Browning or Eason but he still hasn’t done shit.

I won’t crown a HS QB but Huard throws a pretty ball. The touch is crazy. Whether it will be the same with college DL and exotic blitzes coming at him is the issue.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,606 Founders Club
    FireCohen said:

@DerekJohnson ?? ??? Really

Really what?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,606 Founders Club

I'm betting Jimmy does another

I appreciate him because he’s not Browning or Eason but he still hasn’t done shit.

I won’t crown a HS QB but Huard throws a pretty ball. The touch is crazy. Whether it will be the same with college DL and exotic blitzes coming at him is the issue.

Yeah, he won't be playing against the Kentwood or Tahoma defense anymore. All the things said about Huard were said about Eason. It's pretty clear Eason had all the talent he needed and then some but the college game was just too fast for him. He couldn't get in rhythm. The passing windows close much more quickly against 21 year old NFL prospects than they do against 17 year old semi-athletic white kids. This same narrative has followed a ton of 5* all-world talent high school QBs.

One thing I think will help Huard a lot is that he is clearly very passionate and seems like a guy who will be all in for the team and improving himself. For Eason, UW was just a necessary 1 year stop on his way to the NFL.
    Excellent point
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

Yeah, he won't be playing against the Kentwood or Tahoma defense anymore. All the things said about Huard were said about Eason. It's pretty clear Eason had all the talent he needed and then some but the college game was just too fast for him. He couldn't get in rhythm. The passing windows close much more quickly against 21 year old NFL prospects than they do against 17 year old semi-athletic white kids. This same narrative has followed a ton of 5* all-world talent high school QBs.

One thing I think will help Huard a lot is that he is clearly very passionate and seems like a guy who will be all in for the team and improving himself. For Eason, UW was just a necessary 1 year stop on his way to the NFL.
    Eh, the Eason-Huard comp is pretty lazy. Nobody had the sheer arm talent coming out of high school that Eason did. He had (and still does have) an absolute cannon with the ability to make throws almost any other other QB simply can't make. Huard has a noticeably different game with elite (hi @backthepack) accuracy and phenomenal footwork.

You're right in that the speed of the college game is always the unknown for any QB prospect, but it sure "seems" that Huard has significantly more cerebral upside coming out of HS than Eason did. Though I don't think I could quantify that statement even a little bit.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,050 Standard Supporter

Our punter long snapper is more accurate beyond 15 yards.

Disagree. First beaver TD of the year. Never forget.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

This is a terrible comp, they aren't remotely similar passers.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,130
    edited March 2021
    dnc said:

This is a terrible comp, they aren't remotely similar passers.
    The point was similar amounts of praise was heaped upon them, not that they have similar throwing mechanics.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,545 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

And that was his one out of 40 games. Dylan has one through 4.
    Dylan's coach is a lot better at giving the team opportunities for comeback wins than Browning's was, though.
    Needs moar chin.