Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL DOOR. ASS. OUT. Roster Genocide Thread

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,474
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

34 - 56 conference record his final five seasons is even more damning.
  • Options
    JimBasnightJimBasnight Member Posts: 14
    Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Tequila, you appear to be fairly out of touch with reality. Nothing new. Internet tough guy too. Impressive. Romar brought in three current NBA players in 2017 and three other guys, at least two of which are likely future pros in Daejon and Diarra.

That was before UW had a chance to improve the roster in Spring/Summer 2017. Michael Porter Sr. was able to get Tillmon to go to Mizzou and got a visit from Knox. UW would've gotten a visit from Knox, Bamba and probably a few others.

Bigtime 2017 guys who wanted to play on a team with four future NBA players (including Thybulle). In 2018, Romar was the first high major guy to offer Bol Bol and got him to commit to 'Zona, before Miller's issues made him decommit and go to Oregon.

Romar/UW had a great shot at Immanuel Quickly, another current NBA budding star, through Fultz. I doubt Romar would've passed on Elleby and he may have gotten Kevin Porter Jr. He easily would've gotten Mathews (and that's based on private discussions with Mathews).

UW would've had way more talent and if you don't think Romar would've won with that type of talent, you aren't well informed about UW 2004-2012. Hop did a nice job of taking advantage of Thybulle's skill in his zone, but I believe Dollar had a lot to do with UW having a great defense in Hop's first two years.

Romar would have hired Dollar, to replace Chillious, in all likelihood. Hop did a horrible job of utilizing an absolute beast offensively on a Pac-12 level in Stewart. Just abysmal. Hop does a nice job of getting teams to play defense, but is somewhat limited in mitigating mismatches (UNDERSTATEMENT).

He just keeps going with stuff that doesn't work, the definition of insanity. His teams have had a negative assist to turnover ratio for four straight years. This is something that coaches with much less experience would be able to identify and correct.

Hop just flounders. The rebounding is so bad it's an all-time embarrassment at UW. Romar did nothing of the sort. You're not an insufferable ass like me I guess. But you're completely incapable of addressing me on this topic I'd also guess.

I don't need to use foul language and besides, if you think you're cool saying that with your wimpy little handle to hide behind, I invite you to actually say something factual and persuasive to counteract my post.

But I guess being a potty mouth gives you a feeling of superiority. In other words a bully. All bluster. In no world, other than a deluded one, does that win anything.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequila, you appear to be fairly out of touch with reality. Nothing new. Internet tough guy too. Impressive. Romar brought in three current NBA players in 2017 and three other guys, at least two of which are likely future pros in Daejon and Diarra.

That was before UW had a chance to improve the roster in Spring/Summer 2017. Michael Porter Sr. was able to get Tillmon to go to Mizzou and got a visit from Knox. UW would've gotten a visit from Knox, Bamba and probably a few others.

Bigtime 2017 guys who wanted to play on a team with four future NBA players (including Thybulle). In 2018, Romar was the first high major guy to offer Bol Bol and got him to commit to 'Zona, before Miller's issues made him decommit and go to Oregon.

Romar/UW had a great shot at Immanuel Quickly, another current NBA budding star, through Fultz. I doubt Romar would've passed on Elleby and he may have gotten Kevin Porter Jr. He easily would've gotten Mathews (and that's based on private discussions with Mathews).

UW would've had way more talent and if you don't think Romar would've won with that type of talent, you aren't well informed about UW 2004-2012. Hop did a nice job of taking advantage of Thybulle's skill in his zone, but I believe Dollar had a lot to do with UW having a great defense in Hop's first two years.

Romar would have hired Dollar, to replace Chillious, in all likelihood. Hop did a horrible job of utilizing an absolute beast offensively on a Pac-12 level in Stewart. Just abysmal. Hop does a nice job of getting teams to play defense, but is somewhat limited in mitigating mismatches (UNDERSTATEMENT).

He just keeps going with stuff that doesn't work, the definition of insanity. His teams have had a negative assist to turnover ratio for four straight years. This is something that coaches with much less experience would be able to identify and correct.

Hop just flounders. The rebounding is so bad it's an all-time embarrassment at UW. Romar did nothing of the sort. You're not an insufferable ass like me I guess. But you're completely incapable of addressing me on this topic I'd also guess.

I don't need to use foul language and besides, if you think you're cool saying that with your wimpy little handle to hide behind, I invite you to actually say something factual and persuasive to counteract my post.

But I guess being a potty mouth gives you a feeling of superiority. In other words a bully. All bluster. In no world, other than a deluded one, does that win anything.

Tl,dr
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Agree.

Except for all the Romar dick sucking.

You’re right about Tequila. Blowhard extraordinaire. Thinks he gets paid by the word around here. The kind of guy that calls a timeout or plays zone in a pick up game. That tells you all you need to know about him. Low integrity with a super high opinion of himself. Even if he has a good point it’s drowned out by all the pontificating.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,781

Say it to my face POTD
    Send me his address and so shall it be.

Fool.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Important update:

Kim Grinolds
    STAFF
    Posted on 30 mins, V I P, User Since 234 months ago, User Post Count: 35777
    30 mins
    VIP
    234 months

" Sorry Kim just being honest"

No, you're just being miserable to be honest.

Four spots left to fill plus a coaching position. How those are filled will say a lot. And you have no clue who will fill those spots.

I just don't understand those who want to prepare for the worst so they can be right with the worst or happy if it's not the worst. Either way, they win. It's a very odd perspective.

I don't know if Hop will be able to turn it around. I'm just not one of those to throw the towel in before a roster is filled out or a few games are played.

You're either going to be right or happy. In either case you win.

I think toughness will dramatically improve next year. Guys that are coming in want to be here. They're hungry.

Still need a big and scoring.

I'm hearing Kim would rather be right than happy

Nice to see Kim admit he hates winners.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You just want Ty to fail so you can say you were right reset