Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

China’s Strategic Standpoint

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,048
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Sledog said:

Energy independence is now gone. Check the price at the pump.

I suggest you join @GrundleStiltzkin 's new book club. Energy independence comes from technological innovation. Not whether Bush, Obama, Trump or Biden is president.

Wait til you get to the Dakota Access/Keystone XL chapter. Federal policy matters.
    Considering where we are now, that part of the book is DEPRESSING
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,931
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Lot of people trying too hard to deny we fucked the dog this election

It matters. Biden is weak and China knows it even if you don't want to admit it

MAGA riots on Capital Hill are a great way to portray strength to the land of China.
    Keep following the narrative

Whatever gets you through the night

Enjoy Biden
    Words matter. I didn't call it a "coup", nor did I call it an "insurrection". It was a "riot" and a national disgrace, plain and simple.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

MAGA riots on Capital Hill are a great way to portray strength to the land of China.
    Something tells me a summer long burning and looting in everyone of our major cities had a greater impact on how people viewed our strength rather few hours long riot that that was quickly put down.
    There is no equivalence in the symbolism between the two. There's no justification for 2020 riots and looting. But they've happened before and probably will again sadly. We've never had the mob party in the Capital. This was a new low for America.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,915
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

Something tells me a summer long burning and looting in everyone of our major cities had a greater impact on how people viewed our strength rather few hours long riot that that was quickly put down.
    Exactly. And don't tell me that the dem party encouragement of the rioting and excuse making along with dem DA's dismissing rioting charges out of hand didn't encourage a response. Unlike leftards which feel entitled to riot as part of a legitimate protest but then require political opponents to play by Marquis of Queensbury rules, I'm not a believer in asymmetric warfare. My VERY STRONG preference is that there should be no rioting, no blocking of streets and highways, and no protesting that isn't permitted and occurs at some decent time. In Portland, the rioting was occurring deep into the night when the streets should be quiet and people asleep in their beds. That is not the VERY STRONG preference from the left.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

There is no equivalence in the symbolism between the two. There's no justification for 2020 riots and looting. But they've happened before and probably will again sadly. We've never had the mob party in the Capital. This was a new low for America.
    The Capitol was bombed in 1983. Somehow the Republic survived. Nationwide rioting that was allowed to continue for months all across the country showed far greater weakness than a riot that was put down that very same day.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

The Capitol was bombed in 1983. Somehow the Republic survived. Nationwide rioting that was allowed to continue for months all across the country showed far greater weakness than a riot that was put down that very same day.

The antifa bros and BLM folks weren't carrying Biden flags and hats coming directly from a Biden rally, egged on by Biden to go loot Target for justice.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

The antifa bros and BLM folks weren't carrying Biden flags and hats coming directly from a Biden rally, egged on by Biden to go loot Target for justice.
    You're right, the DNC and every Rat mayor and many Rat Govs were carrying BLM flags as the burned and looted their cities.

Bill de Blasio paints Black Lives Matter street mural outside Trump Tower

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

You're right, the DNC and every Rat mayor and many Rat Govs were carrying BLM flags as the burned and looted their cities.

De Blassio is a piece of shit. What you want me to tell you?

I don't see the logic in defending or downplaying the national disgrace of Jan 6th and/or trying to draw false equivalencies.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited March 2021

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

I don't see the logic in defending or downplaying the national disgrace of Jan 6th and/or trying to draw false equivalencies.
    Not defending it. Just disagreeing with you. And it wasn't just de Blasio, Mayors all over the country were sucking up to the very same people who were burning and looting their cities. Now that's weakness. Jan 6th was a bad look, but it was put down in a few hours. Looting and burning of our cites went on all summer long and most of the people who did it were never even arrested let alone prosecuted.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,362
    Swaye's Wigwam

Enjoy Biden
    Words matter. I didn't call it a "coup", nor did I call it an "insurrection". It was a "riot" and a national disgrace, plain and simple.
    And has nothing to do with Biden being a drooling idiot. Keep on the narrative and enjoy your president
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

Bullshit
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

Bullshit
    I'm happy to work with you where I can. But on this subject I think you're 100% full of shit.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,235
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Enjoy Biden
    And has nothing to do with Biden being a drooling idiot. Keep on the narrative and enjoy your president
    Being a Mitt Romney GOPer is hard.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,915
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

I don't see any logic in defending or downplaying the national disgrace of the entire summer of antifa and BLM rioting and the destruction of our cities. The dem governors of Washington and Oregon, the dem mayors of Seattle and Oregon, the dem District Attorneys of King County and Multnomah County defended and downplayed the antifa and BLM rioting. So did the MSM. Like I said, I don't believe in asymmetrical warfare. I'm sure that Trump pretty much swept the antifa and BLM riot vote.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

I don't see any logic in defending or downplaying the national disgrace of the entire summer of antifa and BLM rioting and the destruction of our cities. The dem governors of Washington and Oregon, the dem mayors of Seattle and Oregon, the dem District Attorneys of King County and Multnomah County defended and downplayed the antifa and BLM rioting. So did the MSM. Like I said, I don't believe in asymmetrical warfare. I'm sure that Trump pretty much swept the antifa and BLM riot vote.
    I left Seattle. It's a disgrace. We've already covered this.

I miss the days when Republicans didn't do riots.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

I left Seattle. It's a disgrace. We've already covered this.

I miss the days when Republicans didn't do riots.
    There isn't a Republican elected member of Congress that defends the people who rioted on Jan. 6th. Now do BLM and the Rats. Hell, many Rats won't even say anything bad about Antifa.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Has any of the insurrection bullshit been proven in court? 2020 was one big lie.

And it has nothing to do with Biden which is why any conservative would bring it up as a dodge

Trump is gone. Let go of the pearls you're clutching and take responsibility for the shitty choice you made
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Enjoy Biden
    Being a Mitt Romney GOPer is hard.
    I'm more conservative and I'm a liberal
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Has any of the insurrection bullshit been proven in court? 2020 was one big lie.

And it has nothing to do with Biden which is why any conservative would bring it up as a dodge

Trump is gone. Let go of the pearls you're clutching and take responsibility for the shitty choice you made

Again, I called it a "riot". I never used the word "insurrection" or "coup" as those are different things.

I'll live with my shitty Biden choice. I'm sure you lived with your shitty Obama choice. Life goes on.