Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

China’s Strategic Standpoint

124»

Comments

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,070
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Lot of people trying too hard to deny we fucked the dog this election

It matters. Biden is weak and China knows it even if you don't want to admit it

MAGA riots on Capital Hill are a great way to portray strength to the land of China.
    Keep following the narrative

Whatever gets you through the night

Enjoy Biden
    Words matter. I didn't call it a "coup", nor did I call it an "insurrection". It was a "riot" and a national disgrace, plain and simple.

Hell double standard much?
  • Options

Has any of the insurrection bullshit been proven in court? 2020 was one big lie.

And it has nothing to do with Biden which is why any conservative would bring it up as a dodge

Trump is gone. Let go of the pearls you're clutching and take responsibility for the shitty choice you made

Again, I called it a "riot". I never used the word "insurrection" or "coup" as those are different things.

I'll live with my shitty Biden choice. I'm sure you lived with your shitty Obama choice. Life goes on.
    You can't be angry about January 6th unless you made a minimum of three call-in rants to Rush Limbaugh about BLM. At least 90 seconds each. And no, moving away from Seattle because it's an anarchist hellhole doesn't count.

Yeah but still.
    Those folks taking pictures as they stayed behind the ropes looked pretty damn dangerous!

ANTIFA/BLM did the break in. They even recorded it. Some liberal even bought them some MAGA gear for the event.
  • Options
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited March 2021

SFGbob said:

So Trump's "reckless use of the bully pulpit" were responsible for the riot but Rats parroting BLM rhetoric and telling rioters that Floyd was killed due to white racism and bailing out rioters and making excuses for their "justifiable rage" that played no role. Jan 6th riot was put down swiftly. People are now being arrested and prosecuted for engaging in the riot. Many people who engaged in no acts of violence are also being arrested and having the book thrown at them. Meanwhile, very few of the people who burned, looted and pillaged our cites were even arrested let alone prosecuted.

The argument is over which event shows a greater weakness of the US and it's government. How does Jan 6th show weakness when they are doing everything they can to prosecute everyone who participated in the riot but months and months of rioting where the political leadership sided with the rioters doesn't show a greater weakness?

The progressive left's rhetoric on the Floyd riots was reprehensible. DA's letting those rioters and looters walk is a disgrace. I want those folks to face the same tough consequences that the Jan 6th rioters do.

The reason is shows so much weakness to the rest of the world is that for 224 years (with one notable exception in 1860) we've been able to transfer power from one President to the next w/o a god damned fucking riot.

LA in 1992 was some fucked, horrific shit that killed far more people than the summer of 2020 or Jan 6th. A hundred years from now the history books will talk about Jan 6th and no one will remember the LA riots.
    Great you want them to face tough consequences but they won't and they aren't, and many, many people in the Rat party cheered them on and raised money to bail them out of jail, including the sitting VP. Jan 6th rioters are having the book thrown at them. Riot was put down swiftly. Power was transferred.

The only reason we're still talking about Jan. 6th now is because the Rats see it as good political issue for them. The real world effects of it were minimal to non-existent despite your hyperventilation over it.

Btw, did you say a single word in opposition in 2017 when the Rats tried to stop the certification of the EC? How about when you had elected members of Congress declare their support for the "Resistance" where they pledged to use the Bureaucracy to undermine the duly elected President and thwart his administration wherever they could. Did you say anything against that?

Using the FBI and the CIA to undermine a sitting President did far, far greater damage to our country than anything that happened on Jan. 6th.

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    Sledog said:

Lot of people trying too hard to deny we fucked the dog this election

It matters. Biden is weak and China knows it even if you don't want to admit it

MAGA riots on Capital Hill are a great way to portray strength to the land of China.
    Keep following the narrative

Whatever gets you through the night

Enjoy Biden
    Words matter. I didn't call it a "coup", nor did I call it an "insurrection". It was a "riot" and a national disgrace, plain and simple.

Hell double standard much?
    But, but what about Jan 6th!!!!!
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    The continued presence of the NG and the fencing and concertina wire surrounding our Capitol in a blinking neon light highlighting our weakness all over the globe and I don't hear any Rat speaking out against it.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,770
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Prove it in court became the standard here

What about the congressional investigation? Didn't happen

The Senate trial of Trump failed to show any proof of him causing it. Yet here in a thread about Biden another Mr Conservative is making all sorts of baseless claims that the left wants out there

Lies and more lies all year long. A film loop of unknown people doing performance art

Meanwhile Biden is a weak piece of shit who China just made their bitch

But Trump

• Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Has any of the insurrection bullshit been proven in court? 2020 was one big lie.

And it has nothing to do with Biden which is why any conservative would bring it up as a dodge

Trump is gone. Let go of the pearls you're clutching and take responsibility for the shitty choice you made

Again, I called it a "riot". I never used the word "insurrection" or "coup" as those are different things.

I'll live with my shitty Biden choice. I'm sure you lived with your shitty Obama choice. Life goes on.
    You can't be angry about January 6th unless you made a minimum of three call-in rants to Rush Limbaugh about BLM. At least 90 seconds each. And no, moving away from Seattle because it's an anarchist hellhole doesn't count.

Yeah but still.
    Give me the name of anyone in Congress that defends what happened on Jan 6th was okay and defends it. I wait right here for your answer.
    This is a weird gotcha attempt even by your standards. Read the room Bob, you're scaring away the parents of recruits again.
    Seems like an easy question to answer.

It probably is. But I don't have a spare minute for grocery store Greenpeace canvassers or Bob's irrelevant line of questioning.

Edit - and thanks for the daily jumble. That I can make time for.
    Read the thread and get back to me on how my question is irrelevant. Yellow is the one busy claiming that Jan 6th was sooo much worse than the riots that took place all summer long and that people are defending the Jan 6th riots. If you too lazy to even bother reading the thread you're commenting on fuck off.
    It's not germane to the point, Bob. Of course no sitting Senator or Congressman said I fully support MAGA bros peacefully, rioting in the Capital. They were sycophants none the less of the guy's reckless use of the bully pulpit led to the rioting.

And yes, it's worse. Rioting in the capital with Congress in session (voting to to certify the win of your opponent) is always going to be worse than stealing shit from Target in MN or CHOP in Seattle. It's the most important fucking building in the United States with the 2nd and 3rd in line to the Presidency inside.

Fucking Christ you guys.
    Now who is trying to minimize and make excuses for a riot?
    Yes, what a fool I am! Minneapolis Target Riots are equivalent to Capital Hill riots. Good god man.
    The strawman's ass can't take much more abuse. How about burning down police stations and court house's?
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,038
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

So Trump's "reckless use of the bully pulpit" were responsible for the riot but Rats parroting BLM rhetoric and telling rioters that Floyd was killed due to white racism and bailing out rioters and making excuses for their "justifiable rage" that played no role. Jan 6th riot was put down swiftly. People are now being arrested and prosecuted for engaging in the riot. Many people who engaged in no acts of violence are also being arrested and having the book thrown at them. Meanwhile, very few of the people who burned, looted and pillaged our cites were even arrested let alone prosecuted.

The argument is over which event shows a greater weakness of the US and it's government. How does Jan 6th show weakness when they are doing everything they can to prosecute everyone who participated in the riot but months and months of rioting where the political leadership sided with the rioters doesn't show a greater weakness?

The progressive left's rhetoric on the Floyd riots was reprehensible. DA's letting those rioters and looters walk is a disgrace. I want those folks to face the same tough consequences that the Jan 6th rioters do.

The reason is shows so much weakness to the rest of the world is that for 224 years (with one notable exception in 1860) we've been able to transfer power from one President to the next w/o a god damned fucking riot.

LA in 1992 was some fucked, horrific shit that killed far more people than the summer of 2020 or Jan 6th. A hundred years from now the history books will talk about Jan 6th and no one will remember the LA riots.
    But having the CIA, DOJ and the FBI along with the entire Democratic Congress try to overturn the election with fraudulent charges is to be overlooked? I'll take door number 2 as far more serious than January 6th.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,077
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Great you want them to face tough consequences but they won't and they aren't, and many, many people in the Rat party cheered them on and raised money to bail them out of jail, including the sitting VP. Jan 6th rioters are having the book thrown at them. Riot was put down swiftly. Power was transferred.

The only reason we're still talking about Jan. 6th now is because the Rats see it as good political issue for them. The real world effects of it were minimal to non-existent despite your hyperventilation over it.

Btw, did you say a single word in opposition in 2017 when the Rats tried to stop the certification of the EC? How about when you had elected members of Congress declare their support for the "Resistance" where they pledged to use the Bureaucracy to undermine the duly elected President and thwart his administration wherever they could. Did you say anything against that?

Using the FBI and the CIA to undermine a sitting President did far, far greater damage to our country than anything that happened on Jan. 6th.

Of course the Dems are going to keep talking about it. How fucking retarded do you have to be to have a "stop the steal" rally and have it turn into a riot a month after the election was officially lost? That's gonna great for the conservative movement forward.

I never said anything about it. Hillary conceded the election right away. There was no drawn out legal battle. Trump won. Re: the Russia investigation, I said LIPO. I never advocated for his impeachment once in the Tug.

So the Dems resisted Trump with all their might in 2017. GOP did the same to Obama in 2009- 10. That's America now.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Seriously, what do you think will have more long term negative impact on the country? Jan 6th or the George Floyd riots? We've turned parts of our society on its fucking head due to the George Floyd riots.

Critical Race Theory, frauds like Kendi and DiAngelo and all been elevated into positions of prominence on account of Floyd's death. Thousand of more people will be murdered in this country due what happened with the police after Floyd. Hell look at what China and Russia and all of our other enemies are citing in order to criticize us. They ain't mentioning Jan. 6th.

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,077
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

Seriously, what do you think will have more long term negative impact on the country? Jan 6th or the George Floyd riots? We've turned parts of our society on its fucking head due to the George Floyd riots.

Critical Race Theory, frauds like Kendi and DiAngelo and all been elevated into positions of prominence on account of Floyd's death. Thousand of more people will be murdered in this country due what happened with the police after Floyd. Hell look at what China and Russia and all of our other enemies are citing in order to criticize us. They ain't mentioning Jan. 6th.

In terms of violent crime in our inner cities, yes, absolutely the Floyd riots will have more impact here. Jan 6th isn't really relevant to the causes of increasing murder rates across US cities. And yes China and Russia are taking advantage to the woke bullshit to talk shit at the US.

But in terms of US prestige throughout the world? I go back to the inability to have a peaceful transition of power. And, no, having to evacuate Congress due to a riot makes it not peaceful. It's significant in that it's never happened.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited March 2021

SFGbob said:

In terms of violent crime in our inner cities, yes, absolutely the Floyd riots will have more impact here. Jan 6th isn't really relevant to the causes of increasing murder rates across US cities. And yes China and Russia are taking advantage to the woke bullshit to talk shit at the US.

But in terms of US prestige throughout the world? I go back to the inability to have a peaceful transition of power. And, no, having to evacuate Congress due to a riot makes it not peaceful. It's significant in that it's never happened.
    But we did have a peaceful transfer of power. Other than that, you're nailing it. No member of Congress was harmed in this riot. The only person killed was an unarmed protestor. The significance of this riot is nothing, other than the fact that the Rats are trying to milk it for all it's worth politically. If you were really concerned for how this makes us look weak you'd be calling for the NG to go home and for the walls and barbed wire be taken down.

Having a dementia patient as Prez is doing more damage to our image than Jan. 6th ever did or will.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

But we did have a peaceful transfer of power. Other than that, you're nailing it. No member of Congress was harmed in this riot. The only person killed was an unarmed protestor. The significance of this riot is nothing, other than the fact that the Rats are trying to milk it for all it's worth politically. If you were really concerned for how this makes us look weak you'd be calling for the NG to go home and for the walls and barbed wire be taken down.

Having a dementia patient as Prez is doing more damage to our image than Jan. 6th ever did or will.
    This x 1000.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,153
    Sledog said:

Yeah but still.
    Those folks taking pictures as they stayed behind the ropes looked pretty damn dangerous!

ANTIFA/BLM did the break in. They even recorded it. Some liberal even bought them some MAGA gear for the event.
    Nah.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,477
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

Yeah but still.
    Give me the name of anyone in Congress that defends what happened on Jan 6th was okay and defends it. I wait right here for your answer.
    This is a weird gotcha attempt even by your standards. Read the room Bob, you're scaring away the parents of recruits again.
    Seems like an easy question to answer.

I still can't believe this isn't Photoshop.