Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bill Maher nails it

Comments

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,780
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Maher has spent his entire adult life voting for the people who have help to create the problems he is now complaining about. It's not conservatives who have made it impossible to build things in this country. Maher had a choice in this last election between someone who was confronting China and someone who would sell out to China. Who did he vote for?

Maher may be ironic and hypocritical. But people's viewpoints do change with age and experience.

And if you've tortured yourself by watching any Colbert, Seth Myers or Trevor Noah, in the past 5 years, you'd find Maher a breath of fresh air compared to those wordy, unfunny Stepford Wives.
    But that's just it Maher hasn't changed. Yeah he is being critical of cancel culture and how we're dealing with China but if we had an election tomorrow between Biden and Trump Maher is still voting for Biden.
    He's in Hollywood. Unless he wants urine in every drink he pays for, he has to kiss some woke ass in his own community.

And while I don't like giving the "at least" credit, at least he's calling it out, which is something worthy compared to those other Establishment Milquetoast robots.
    He isn't just kissing woke ass, he is voting for the people who are responsible for the problems he is complaining about. I'll give him credit for calling out the problem but it rings a little hollow coming from the guy who voted for Biden and would do so again today.
    Do you want any moderates, or no moderates at all? Maher's voting patterns annoy me, too. But people refusing to own shit and stand up to their own side of the aisle and call out the bullshit from their own "allies" are sorely fucking needed in these times. I'll take whatever he's willing to give.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Maher has spent his entire adult life voting for the people who have help to create the problems he is now complaining about. It's not conservatives who have made it impossible to build things in this country. Maher had a choice in this last election between someone who was confronting China and someone who would sell out to China. Who did he vote for?

Maher may be ironic and hypocritical. But people's viewpoints do change with age and experience.

And if you've tortured yourself by watching any Colbert, Seth Myers or Trevor Noah, in the past 5 years, you'd find Maher a breath of fresh air compared to those wordy, unfunny Stepford Wives.
    But that's just it Maher hasn't changed. Yeah he is being critical of cancel culture and how we're dealing with China but if we had an election tomorrow between Biden and Trump Maher is still voting for Biden.
    He's in Hollywood. Unless he wants urine in every drink he pays for, he has to kiss some woke ass in his own community.

And while I don't like giving the "at least" credit, at least he's calling it out, which is something worthy compared to those other Establishment Milquetoast robots.
    He isn't just kissing woke ass, he is voting for the people who are responsible for the problems he is complaining about. I'll give him credit for calling out the problem but it rings a little hollow coming from the guy who voted for Biden and would do so again today.
    Do you want any moderates, or no moderates at all? Maher's voting patterns annoy me, too. But people refusing to own shit and stand up to their own side of the aisle and call out the bullshit from their own "allies" are sorely fucking needed in these times. I'll take whatever he's willing to give.
    I said he gets credit for calling out the problem. I'm just not going to get that excited about it because at the end of the day he will continue to donate to and vote for the people who created the problem in the first place.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

I said he gets credit for calling out the problem. I'm just not going to get that excited about it because at the end of the day he will continue to donate to and vote for the people who created the problem in the first place.
    I hope not. Celebrating watching fellow lefties eating other lefties can get addicting. Is there anything more satisfying to witness? Let's hope Maher gets hooked. Look what happened with Dennis Miller.

And Sarah Silverman's entered the portal, too.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,281
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

LebamDawg said:

don't blame the Dems for the mess we are in - blame the D's and the republican's - like the wind the R and D establishment take turns screwing everything up. R's may point fingers at the D's, and vice versa, but between the them they did it.

Follow the money - they all make the money or their families do. Need to bite the bullet and vote out the two parties

Don't buy the equal blame game. If we voted for conservatives we would have conservatives. But we don't. We have a bunch of weak minded men and women who voted for a bought and paid for Slo Joe because they were told that Trump was mean and wasn't presidential. Lazy and intellectually enfeebled. And like Warren Zevon said,

The eternal Thompson gunner
    Still wandering through the night
    Now it's ten years later but he still keeps up the fight
    In Ireland, in Lebanon, in Palestine and Berkeley
    Patty Hearst heard the burst of Roland's Thompson gun and bought it
    I have an auto chin policy for Warren Zevon.
    Good man Yellow.

I went home with the waitress
    The way I always do
    How was I to know
    She was with the Russians too

I was gambling in Havana
    I took a little risk
    Send lawyers guns and money
    Dad get me out of this (ha)
    Little old lady got mutilated late last night is the greatest lyrical hook of all time and we shall have no further discussion about that whatsoever.

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,289
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

LebamDawg said:

don't blame the Dems for the mess we are in - blame the D's and the republican's - like the wind the R and D establishment take turns screwing everything up. R's may point fingers at the D's, and vice versa, but between the them they did it.

Follow the money - they all make the money or their families do. Need to bite the bullet and vote out the two parties

Don't buy the equal blame game. If we voted for conservatives we would have conservatives. But we don't. We have a bunch of weak minded men and women who voted for a bought and paid for Slo Joe because they were told that Trump was mean and wasn't presidential. Lazy and intellectually enfeebled. And like Warren Zevon said,

Good man Yellow.

The way I always do
    How was I to know

I was gambling in Havana
    I took a little risk
    Little old lady got mutilated late last night is the greatest lyrical hook of all time and we shall have no further discussion about that whatsoever.

You Tug Cretins outta hear it on the White Wakanda hi fi. Blow your mind good.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,331
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

LebamDawg said:

Good man Yellow.

The way I always do
    How was I to know

I was gambling in Havana
    I took a little risk

I'm going with -

I saw a werewolf drinkin' a piña colada at Trader Vic's
    And his hair was perfect

The white Wakanda in Bend just opened a Tiki Bar. Missed it. Wifey loves some rum. Will make it happen.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221

LebamDawg said:

Good man Yellow.

The way I always do
    How was I to know

I was gambling in Havana
    I took a little risk

You Tug Cretins outta hear it on the White Wakanda hi fi. Blow your mind good.
    I'm showing up this summer. Book it. I'm going everywhere this summer, and you're only a half day's drive away. I need to hear Shoot To Thrill on yo system.

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,289
    Swaye's Wigwam

LebamDawg said:

Good man Yellow.

The way I always do
    How was I to know

I was gambling in Havana
    I took a little risk

I'm going with -

I saw a werewolf drinkin' a piña colada at Trader Vic's
    And his hair was perfect

The white Wakanda in Bend just opened a Tiki Bar. Missed it. Wifey loves some rum. Will make it happen.
    I just saw that. Old Mill District.
  • Options

LebamDawg said:

Good man Yellow.

The way I always do
    How was I to know

I was gambling in Havana
    I took a little risk

I'll not have you discriminating against the other classic lines in this sing, sir!

I saw a werewolf drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vic's.................and his hair was perfect.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,281
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dflea said:

LebamDawg said:

Good man Yellow.

The way I always do
    How was I to know

I was gambling in Havana
    I took a little risk

I'll not have you discriminating against the other classic lines in this sing, sir!

I saw a werewolf drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vic's.................and his hair was perfect.
    Has "I saw a werewolf with a Chinese menu his hand' been cancelled yet?

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    Saw Warren in a small venue in Portland. Killed it. He is on my Pandora playlist.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/warren-zevon/1987/starry-night-portland-or-43d373a3.html
  • Options

dflea said:

LebamDawg said:

Good man Yellow.

The way I always do
    How was I to know

I was gambling in Havana
    I took a little risk

Has "I saw a werewolf with a Chinese menu his hand' been cancelled yet?

Did he find Lee Ho Fooks?

He was gonna get a big dish of beef chow mein.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,788
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2021
    He's right in that we need to raise our kids really disciplined to compete with not just china but the rest of the world.

He's full of shit on a lot of topics but the overall message that we're getting softer and thereby shittier is a point both side of the aisle need to listen to.

Get kids off of video games and social media. Get them on math and research and writing and foundations. Get them back on sports to help work with other kids and lead kids.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    haie said:

He's right in that we need to raise our kids really disciplined to compete with not just china but the rest of the world.

He's full of shit on a lot of topics but the overall message that we're getting softer and thereby shittier is a point both side of the aisle need to listen to.

Get kids off of video games and social media. Get them on math and research and writing and foundations. Get them back on sports to help work with other kids and lead kids.

I am all for it. But this is not the leftard agenda. Just free sh*t and obsequiousness. Pretty sure in 2021 some Karen or flea would call me in for having my kid mow the lawn.
  • Options
    edited March 2021

haie said:

I am all for it. But this is not the leftard agenda. Just free sh*t and obsequiousness. Pretty sure in 2021 some Karen or flea would call me in for having my kid mow the lawn.
    flea doesn't give a fuck about you, loser.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,673
    Once a thread hits about 2 pages it's vag central. 7? Not even gonna look
  • Options
    dflea said:

haie said:

Hey, faggot. I can outfish, outhunt, and outshoot your dumb fucking ass any day of the week. And I don't need to eat prunes to take a shit. Fuck off, Duck faggot.
    You insult @dflea when you threaten his free shit.

As you'll notice, he craves attention and never stops bragging about his manliness.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

dflea said:

haie said:

Hey, faggot. I can outfish, outhunt, and outshoot your dumb fucking ass any day of the week. And I don't need to eat prunes to take a shit. Fuck off, Duck faggot.

As you'll notice, he craves attention and never stops bragging about his manliness.
    I haven't seen anything that resembles some degree of intelligence or manliness . I can fly fish and not be a sucker fish.
  • Options

dflea said:

haie said:

Free shit?

You're the one that was raised sucking government tit, buttfuck,. Your parents cashed state checks and fed your useless ass with them. My folks payed the taxes that paid for your food, welfare case.

But go on.

Oh, and tell us about your four houses again, Mr, Humblebrag.