Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bill Maher nails it

Comments

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,780
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

One of my kids got the full-meal-SJW-deal in HS and college. Then she spent the summer in a poor country on another continent where everyone there, including the doctors and teachers, had the same singular goal in life: To come to the United States.

Not Europe. Not Asia. Not even Canada.

The United Fucking States.

We aren't just a silly people. We are a stupid, gullible people taking for granted everything the rest of the world would die for.

God has a special providence for fools, drunkards, and the United States of America.

We? are a silly people, but somehow it always seems to work out where we are still better off than everyone else. Maybe our luck continues and maybe not. Either way it will be interesting.

China has numerous strengths and a shit ton of weaknesses.
    Immigrants see and seize opportunities that abound in the U.S., while too many kids born here spend their lives learning how to hate their country and society at the feet of communist, race-baiting teachers and privileged, dumb parents who should've never bred.
    Do you see the glass half full or half empty?

Seemingly everywhere else in the world America is viewed as the land of opportunity.

Anybody that has done any amount of travel not only within our country and outside of it understands why that’s the case.

Too many in this country live in their bubbles and only see the world through that lens. Few understand what it means to take a long walk on the beach for perspective.

Is this country perfect? Absolutely not.

We should understand our imperfections and work to solve them. While I don’t necessarily agree with some of the whiplash response to policing issues in this country, I do think one of the great things about our country is that we can have those discussions.

For those that want us to turn into a Scandinavian country for instance, you always have the option of moving there if that works for you. But when push comes to shove, nobody really does that. That whole action vs words thing you know.
    What I'm hearing is that I live on stolen land, my labor is not my own, and African slaves built everything around me, which I then stole or oppressed my way into possessing.

Only an awful, horrible country would allow such fiends as myself to reside here. No?
  • Options

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

One of my kids got the full-meal-SJW-deal in HS and college. Then she spent the summer in a poor country on another continent where everyone there, including the doctors and teachers, had the same singular goal in life: To come to the United States.

We aren't just a silly people. We are a stupid, gullible people taking for granted everything the rest of the world would die for.

One of those things used to be the peaceful transfer of power.
    Yes. Because walking through open doors, opened for demonstrators by Capitol Police, is extremely violent in your world HH.

But that's just because you're a wimpy faggot.
    You’ll excuse anything.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/legal-issues/two-arrested-in-assault-on-police-officer-brian-d-sicknick-who-died-after-jan-6-capitol-riot/2021/03/15/80261550-84ff-11eb-bfdf-4d36dab83a6d_story.html?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most&carta-url=https://s2.washingtonpost.com/car-ln-tr/30bc358/604f84ee9d2fda4c880c5ba7/597691d49bbc0f6826b7c35c/23/70/604f84ee9d2fda4c880c5ba7
    Are they the ones that hit him over the head with the fire extinguisher?
    Still no word on the cause of death. Just like the complete government transparency surrounding our national hero George Floyd's death. Leftards lie and love to be lied to.
    Shot in the back while on his knees with his hands up, right?

Oh, wait. That was the Ferguson Astronaut. My bad.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,331
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

Tequilla said:

God has a special providence for fools, drunkards, and the United States of America.

We? are a silly people, but somehow it always seems to work out where we are still better off than everyone else. Maybe our luck continues and maybe not. Either way it will be interesting.

China has numerous strengths and a shit ton of weaknesses.
    Immigrants see and seize opportunities that abound in the U.S., while too many kids born here spend their lives learning how to hate their country and society at the feet of communist, race-baiting teachers and privileged, dumb parents who should've never bred.
    Do you see the glass half full or half empty?

Seemingly everywhere else in the world America is viewed as the land of opportunity.

Anybody that has done any amount of travel not only within our country and outside of it understands why that’s the case.

Too many in this country live in their bubbles and only see the world through that lens. Few understand what it means to take a long walk on the beach for perspective.

Is this country perfect? Absolutely not.

We should understand our imperfections and work to solve them. While I don’t necessarily agree with some of the whiplash response to policing issues in this country, I do think one of the great things about our country is that we can have those discussions.

For those that want us to turn into a Scandinavian country for instance, you always have the option of moving there if that works for you. But when push comes to shove, nobody really does that. That whole action vs words thing you know.
    What I'm hearing is that I live on stolen land, my labor is not my own, and African slaves built everything around me, which I then stole or oppressed my way into possessing.

Only an awful, horrible country would allow such fiends as myself to reside here. No?
    Yes. The KobeSlobberer has so proclaimed based on his extensive public education indoctrination.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Maher has spent his entire adult life voting for the people who have help to create the problems he is now complaining about. It's not conservatives who have made it impossible to build things in this country. Maher had a choice in this last election between someone who was confronting China and someone who would sell out to China. Who did he vote for?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

Maher has spent his entire adult life voting for the people who have help to create the problems he is now complaining about. It's not conservatives who have made it impossible to build things in this country. Maher had a choice in this last election between someone who was confronting China and someone who would sell out to China. Who did he vote for?

But Trump was an authoritarian and said some mean stuff. Who couldn't have voted for a bought and paid for dementia patient as the more intellectually competent alternative.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

Maher may be ironic and hypocritical. But people's viewpoints do change with age and experience.

And if you've tortured yourself by watching any Colbert, Seth Myers or Trevor Noah, in the past 5 years, you'd find Maher a breath of fresh air compared to those wordy, unfunny Stepford Wives.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Hell, I used to sort of liked Fallon but he couldn't blow the Luv Gov any harder. Colbert got Trump elected when he dissed him at the White House press event when barry was president. Not sure you could get more testosterone out of the late night crew than out of the one remaining Lance Armstrong's ball.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Maher may be ironic and hypocritical. But people's viewpoints do change with age and experience.

And if you've tortured yourself by watching any Colbert, Seth Myers or Trevor Noah, in the past 5 years, you'd find Maher a breath of fresh air compared to those wordy, unfunny Stepford Wives.
    But that's just it Maher hasn't changed. Yeah he is being critical of cancel culture and how we're dealing with China but if we had an election tomorrow between Biden and Trump Maher is still voting for Biden.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

But that's just it Maher hasn't changed. Yeah he is being critical of cancel culture and how we're dealing with China but if we had an election tomorrow between Biden and Trump Maher is still voting for Biden.
    He's in Hollywood. Unless he wants urine in every drink he pays for, he has to kiss some woke ass in his own community.

And while I don't like giving the "at least" credit, at least he's calling it out, which is something worthy compared to those other Establishment Milquetoast robots.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,575
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    don't blame the Dems for the mess we are in - blame the D's and the republican's - like the wind the R and D establishment take turns screwing everything up. R's may point fingers at the D's, and vice versa, but between the them they did it.

Follow the money - they all make the money or their families do. Need to bite the bullet and vote out the two parties
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

He's in Hollywood. Unless he wants urine in every drink he pays for, he has to kiss some woke ass in his own community.

And while I don't like giving the "at least" credit, at least he's calling it out, which is something worthy compared to those other Establishment Milquetoast robots.
    He isn't just kissing woke ass, he is voting for the people who are responsible for the problems he is complaining about. I'll give him credit for calling out the problem but it rings a little hollow coming from the guy who voted for Biden and would do so again today.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    LebamDawg said:

don't blame the Dems for the mess we are in - blame the D's and the republican's - like the wind the R and D establishment take turns screwing everything up. R's may point fingers at the D's, and vice versa, but between the them they did it.

Follow the money - they all make the money or their families do. Need to bite the bullet and vote out the two parties

Don't buy the equal blame game. If we voted for conservatives we would have conservatives. But we don't. We have a bunch of weak minded men and women who voted for a bought and paid for Slo Joe because they were told that Trump was mean and wasn't presidential. Lazy and intellectually enfeebled. And like Warren Zevon said,

The eternal Thompson gunner
    Still wandering through the night
    Now it's ten years later but he still keeps up the fight
    In Ireland, in Lebanon, in Palestine and Berkeley
    Patty Hearst heard the burst of Roland's Thompson gun and bought it
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    LebamDawg said:

Depends on what the problems are that you're referring to. Giving China most favored nation trading status. That's a bi-partisan fuck up. Injecting woke politics into our schools and work places and politics, that's a Rat party fuck up.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,429
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I’m not really interested in what has happened ... and that’s true about most topics

What I’m interested in is what do we want something to be and then working to carrying out that vision

I hear often about how this and that is broken ...

The great thing in those situations is that’s a great platform to scrap the current and make substantial positive changes

Yet when it comes time to do that we’re too busy talking about all the reasons we can’t do stuff

Like I said elsewhere, it’s all a mindset

Not sure what you are saying. I've posted lots of positive things that need to get done. I'd agree that the problem is a leftard mindset. We are a phucked up society that doesn't deserve the things we have been gifted and are intent on throwing away.
    I’m purely highlighting why we’re fucked up

We’re too focused on optics and feelings at the expense of results and meaningful positive change because it might offend someone
    Yeah you and the suburban housewives

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,289
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

LebamDawg said:

Don't buy the equal blame game. If we voted for conservatives we would have conservatives. But we don't. We have a bunch of weak minded men and women who voted for a bought and paid for Slo Joe because they were told that Trump was mean and wasn't presidential. Lazy and intellectually enfeebled. And like Warren Zevon said,

I have an auto chin policy for Warren Zevon.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I’m not really interested in what has happened ... and that’s true about most topics

What I’m interested in is what do we want something to be and then working to carrying out that vision

I hear often about how this and that is broken ...

The great thing in those situations is that’s a great platform to scrap the current and make substantial positive changes

Yet when it comes time to do that we’re too busy talking about all the reasons we can’t do stuff

Like I said elsewhere, it’s all a mindset

Not sure what you are saying. I've posted lots of positive things that need to get done. I'd agree that the problem is a leftard mindset. We are a phucked up society that doesn't deserve the things we have been gifted and are intent on throwing away.
    I’m purely highlighting why we’re fucked up

We’re too focused on optics and feelings at the expense of results and meaningful positive change because it might offend someone
    Yeah you and the suburban housewives

My wife and daughter are pretty independent and strong willed individuals and appreciate where that came from. Both laugh at soi boyz like Mayor Ted. But I'm the monster that had my 9 year old son mowing the lawn. Funny how that works out. Raise sissies and for some reason you get sissies.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,557
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Is there unity in Joe Xidens 125K+ China virus deaths?
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,575
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

LebamDawg said:

Depends on what the problems are that you're referring to. Giving China most favored nation trading status. That's a bi-partisan fuck up. Injecting woke politics into our schools and work places and politics, that's a Rat party fuck up.
    Would have to really dig deep to verify but I would put money on both parties making money off the woke stuff, immigration, foreign policy, any problem we? think or can name. Both parties big party backers profit.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited March 2021
    LebamDawg said:

SFGbob said:

LebamDawg said:

Would have to really dig deep to verify but I would put money on both parties making money off the woke stuff, immigration, foreign policy, any problem we? think or can name. Both parties big party backers profit.
    You don't have to dig that deep. Are there people in the GOP who don't really have a problem with illegal immigration because of the cheap labor it provides? Sure. But that isn't where most conservatives are and it isn't where the rank and file of GOP is. There's nobody in the Rat party that has a problem with the GOP. It's not an accident that a Republican President, Trump tried to do something about illegal immigration. It's also not an accident that Biden has tried to rescind everything Trump did.

Trying to pawn all of it off on "both sides do it" is just lazy. Both sides aren't pushing woke politics. Is there some Republican somewhere making money off it? Sure, but that's doesn't represent where the party is or where the majority of it's voters are.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

LebamDawg said:

I have an auto chin policy for Warren Zevon.
    Good man Yellow.

I went home with the waitress
    The way I always do
    How was I to know
    She was with the Russians too

I was gambling in Havana
    I took a little risk
    Send lawyers guns and money
    Dad get me out of this (ha)