Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rand Paul Confronts Biden's Transgender Health Nominee About "Genital Mutilation"

Comments

• Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Tequilla said:

Goduckies said:

I have no issue with Trans people I've seen some Trans women that are 10's here in SF if you didn't see the Adam's apple or voice, you wouldn't know. However with that, I do not believe they should be in women's sports as it is an unfair advantage and under 16, I'd say no hormones after 16 hormones with parental concent only.

Would you agree to them being used on younger kids if more studies come back showing it’s safe?

Also, fun fact, if you use the puberty blockers before you go through puberty and then transition to a woman, you eliminate a lot of the advantages males have in sports.
    Define safe please
    I meant the question as if the requirements for whatever you define as safe can be met. I gave this leeway because @Goduckies seemed reasonable in their post.

I would already view it as safe. Doctors support it, medical journals support it, mental health professionals support it. The same “lack of long term studies” crap that anti vaxxers tried using isn’t enough to sway me away from scientific consensus.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Goduckies said:

I have no issue with Trans people I've seen some Trans women that are 10's here in SF if you didn't see the Adam's apple or voice, you wouldn't know. However with that, I do not believe they should be in women's sports as it is an unfair advantage and under 16, I'd say no hormones after 16 hormones with parental concent only.

Would you agree to them being used on younger kids if more studies come back showing it’s safe?

Also, fun fact, if you use the puberty blockers before you go through puberty and then transition to a woman, you eliminate a lot of the advantages males have in sports.
    Define safe please
    I meant the question as if the requirements for whatever you define as safe can be met. I gave this leeway because @Goduckies seemed reasonable in their post.

I would already view it as safe. Doctors support it, medical journals support it, mental health professionals support it. The same “lack of long term studies” crap that anti vaxxers tried using isn’t enough to sway me away from scientific consensus.
    Ok ... I get that you’re saying that others support it. But my question was more tied to what safe means to you ...

I’d agree that there’s a time and place where you lean on others that know more on a subject. There’s also a time and place to think critically and ask enough questions to make sure that the answers pass the sniff test.

The child part of this gives me pause ... adults I’m pretty much in the you do you camp. Only thing that I’m not sure of the answer to is from an insurance standpoint where everything falls on the coverage scale vs it being treated more like an elective procedure like most plastic surgery.
  • Options
    GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,372
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes

Goduckies said:

No, younger kids think they aliens etc they are still forming what they are, so absolutely not.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Goduckies said:

Define safe please

Ok ... I get that you’re saying that others support it. But my question was more tied to what safe means to you ...

I’d agree that there’s a time and place where you lean on others that know more on a subject. There’s also a time and place to think critically and ask enough questions to make sure that the answers pass the sniff test.

The child part of this gives me pause ... adults I’m pretty much in the you do you camp. Only thing that I’m not sure of the answer to is from an insurance standpoint where everything falls on the coverage scale vs it being treated more like an elective procedure like most plastic surgery.
    The way it gets portrayed by the people who disagree with it, is not at all what I’ve seen when I’ve looked into it. From the kids and adults that are trans to the doctors and therapists to the parents. Nothing is safe but we weigh the benefits versus the harm and I don’t think this one is particularly close.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,891
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2021

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Goduckies said:

Define safe please

The way it gets portrayed by the people who disagree with it, is not at all what I’ve seen when I’ve looked into it. From the kids and adults that are trans to the doctors and therapists to the parents. Nothing is safe but we weigh the benefits versus the harm and I don’t think this one is particularly close.
    Kids brains aren't fully developed until approximately age 23.

"I don't think this one is particularly close'. Well, JFC that is the definitive statement - @TheKobeStopper doesn't 'think'. My god. What a compelling fact-based, data driven argument to pump hormones into kids who aren't even through full development in their ability to think cognitively on their own..

Just run the redefine terms play followed by the Pettibone. Way quicker to get to stupid.

• Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,485
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Of course the left wants to help kids by letting them mutilate themselves. And then trafficking them

Nobel Prize time

Kids and teenagers are stupid. If an adult wants to mutilate themselves have at it. Just don't expect normal people to start dancing in the streets about it and pretending its anything more than mental illness

Hormone blockers don’t mutilate people.

Once upon a time, normal people didn’t marry outside of their race. Normal people didn’t marry outside of their religion. Normal people didn’t marry their own sex. It’s called progress.

One day, normal people will go on hormone blockers. Normal people will have gender affirming surgery. And people like you will just move on to the next minority group to complain about.
    Keep fucking that strawman, moron.
  • Options
    edited February 2021

Of course the left wants to help kids by letting them mutilate themselves. And then trafficking them

Nobel Prize time

Kids and teenagers are stupid. If an adult wants to mutilate themselves have at it. Just don't expect normal people to start dancing in the streets about it and pretending its anything more than mental illness

Hormone blockers don’t mutilate people.

Once upon a time, normal people didn’t marry outside of their race. Normal people didn’t marry outside of their religion. Normal people didn’t marry their own sex. It’s called progress.

One day, normal people will go on hormone blockers. Normal people will have gender affirming surgery. And people like you will just move on to the next minority group to complain about.
    Keep fucking that strawman, moron.
    He's redefining terms again.

There is NO problem with 'Normal" (meaning ADULTS) making their own decisions.

It's pretty clear that besides not having a job, @TheKobeStopper doesn't have kids either. Kids are NOT normal. IDGAF if it's nature or nuture, kids are NOT normal. They don't come out of the womb fully cooked and able to make life-lasting decisions regarding their well being. They do stupid shit that, years later, they look back and wonder WTF they were thinking. And for some bi-curious, 16 Candles angst-ridden month, they determine to cutting off their dick or growing/removing boobs or adding a penis is a 'good/normal' decision, that's just absurd. No 'normal' person would do that or try to impose it on someone else.

But to @TheKobeStopper, that's 'normal'. And he's pathetically trying to frame 'adult' things like interracial marriage, gay marriage and gender change surgery (all ADULT, fully informed, fully developed decisions) onto kids who do dumb shit, make stupid fucking decisions and generally test every social/political/behaviorial more at some point in their lives.

Get a job and have some kids, then pop off.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    If you don't agree that trans people are mentally ill then idk what to tell you.

• Options

If you don't agree that trans people are mentally ill then idk what to tell you.

They may or may not be. Just don't tell me they are 'special' and deserve any better or worse treatment than anybody else.

And most definitely don't tell me the almighty state should condone, endorse or enable that shit on kids. That's a personal decision on a case by case basis made by an adult.

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

Goduckies said:

Hmm, sounds like a substantial and irreversible impact, on younger kids.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Ten seconds of watching and listening to Biden's freak nominee is all that's required to reject such an obviously mental illness-driven pursuit of living as the opposite sex.

That transperson can't answer the simplest questions, and keeps suggesting "I'll come to your office and answer your questions" - Fuck That.

The fucker won't go on the record publicly, because it's answers are total bullshit and it doesn't want them challenged. It wants everything it believes in snuck into policy through back channels.

Fuck that Freak. The "do not confirm" vote should be a resounding "no" for this lying coward who refuses to answer questions.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,883
    Tequilla said:

Total and complete mockery of the confirmation process by the robotic nominee who spewed nothing but prepared talking points that provided absolutely no responses to any questions.

And I'm sure all the Democratic sheep will vote for this TransClown, without hesitation.

Because Joe Biden's America is Queer as Fuck.

So happy we got rid of that mean orange man.

Merrick Garland didn't have an opinion if crossing the border illegally was illegal

Pathetic
    Merrick Garland has removed any doubt that he is completely unqualified to sit on the Supreme Court.

I'm glad that spineless jellyfish has finally gone through a confirmation process, so the world can see how unprincipled he is.
    Why answer any questions when you’ll just be confirmed anyway?

But you’re right that his ability to answer some softball questions is alarming
    So you're saying having no clue what the bill of rights says is troubling? I'd agree! Excuse to gut it, that's what he's really saying.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Ten seconds of watching and listening to Biden's freak nominee is all that's required to reject such an obviously mental illness-driven pursuit of living as the opposite sex.

That transperson can't answer the simplest questions, and keeps suggesting "I'll come to your office and answer your questions" - Fuck That.

The fucker won't go on the record publicly, because it's answers are total bullshit and it doesn't want them challenged. It wants everything it believes in snuck into policy through back channels.

Fuck that Freak. The "do not confirm" vote should be a resounding "no" for this lying coward who refuses to answer questions.

He will pass with flying colors and be paraded around as a hero
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited February 2021

He will pass with flying colors and be paraded around as a hero
    He? Trans Women Are Women!!!

Except they aren't. And any 3 year old knows they're pretending.
  • Options

Goduckies said:

Are you fucking with me?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    edited February 2021

Goduckies said:

Are you fucking with me?
    Just restating you're statement.

• Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,575
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Of all the things to dog your heels in on, TKS...