Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

An outsiders perspective

13»

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,389 Founders Club
    I don't sense much overall excitement for the program, besides the diehards.
  • longduckdonglongduckdong Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,023 Swaye's Wigwam
    Valhalla said:

This site could be really good, there are a number of well educated members. My best advice to make this a Husky site (if thats even the goal, but I am assuming it is by the name) is to not make it the dawgman ex-wives club. When every thread involves numerous Sark or Kim insults it kills the content and makes it feel like a Jr. High nerd circle. Too much talent and knowledge out here to be swallowed up by bitterness. I hope this doesnt come across as anything other than honest feedback, not looking for a fight or to pick a side.

Some things never change.
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,132
    Valhalla said:

Passion - great response! I have never heard anything like that about Kim and guys before, thanks for sharing your experience. I have enjoyed and respected your voice on husky football for years. Its all about the formula!

Meek - Why are you so cranky? Our program does not suck balls, Colorado's program sucks balls. We are far from where we want to be but to say we suck balls is such an over the top reaction it comes across dumb. Are you not excited for this next year at all? New stadium, Tui back in the house coaching a 5th year SR who we know can ball it up (2011), The greatest TE in the history of the program playing his last year, 2nd year of a great LB group led by Shaq Thompson, a proven top D-Cordinator back for another season (we all saw what he did in his first), a 1,400 yrd rusher returning, a possible kicker with a big leg...... Just to name a few things that get me excited for 2013. Also, you are in the minority in not wanting to know whats happening with recruiting and today isnt my first visit to the site, its just the first time I tried to respond.

Derrick - I am excited for what the future of the site may express. I have always been a fan of your writing. I have bought and read all of your books except the last one and enjoyed them enough to encourage others to purchase. I am sorry you are losing your love for the Dawgs.

Roaddawg55 - I understand your anger toward the "yah Sark" crowd but really who gives a shit about them? They cant change a thing. The overly positive crowd can piss me off too but if I have to exhaust energy toward them then they win again. Rather than discuss ad nauseam the fanbase or the media that covers the team, talk about the team. As of right now, the ONLY fan base this site can attract and KEEP will only be Husky fans that are familiar with Dawgman. I say fuck that, dont be left with someones sloppy seconds.

Damone - Are you an alcoholic?

DaMoan. Sucking donkey balls since 2013.

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,916 Founders Club
    Valhalla said:

This site could be really good, there are a number of well educated members. My best advice to make this a Husky site (if thats even the goal, but I am assuming it is by the name) is to not make it the dawgman ex-wives club. When every thread involves numerous Sark or Kim insults it kills the content and makes it feel like a Jr. High nerd circle. Too much talent and knowledge out here to be swallowed up by bitterness. I hope this doesnt come across as anything other than honest feedback, not looking for a fight or to pick a side.

• BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    What made you dig this thread up?
  • longduckdonglongduckdong Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,023 Swaye's Wigwam
    “This site could be really good, there are a number of well educated members. My best advice to make this a Husky site (if thats even the goal, but I am assuming it is by the name) is to not make it the dawgman ex-wives club. When every thread involves numerous Sark or Kim insults it kills the content and makes it feel like a Jr. High nerd circle”

- 10 years ago….and nothing has changed
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Battered Dawgman ex-wife here.

Fuck Kim.

nfm
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    It does suck that SC and UCLA gets guys like Ryan Abraham and David woods, think ASU and Colorado have some good site people, and UW gets a few really unlikable guys. I mean Fetters with his soccer thing is just embarrassing. Why pay people who don't give a shit about the team they cover.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    haie said:

It does suck that SC and UCLA gets guys like Ryan Abraham and David woods, think ASU and Colorado have some good site people, and UW gets a few really unlikable guys. I mean Fetters with his soccer thing is just embarrassing. Why pay people who don't give a shit about the team they cover.

Maybe it's different now, but Kim seemed to like basketball waaaay more. Gross.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,358 Swaye's Wigwam
    Some of the DM/Kim stuff is funny but overall it's definitely pretty weak to be centring your posting around someone you don't like from another site that you claim is an unimportant moron

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,925 Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

Some of the DM/Kim stuff is funny but overall it's definitely pretty weak to be centring your posting around someone you don't like from another site that you claim is an unimportant moron

I don't think you were a doogman guy were you? Maybe just for a short period? A lot of posters here were on that site from the start in the late 90s. I know a lot, like me, got interested in recruiting when Neu was bringing in the Reggie class in 2001 following the RB win and signed up then.

Those who don't get why the Kim and dm.com hate lingers so strongly, in general, just weren't there for long enough to really get it. They see what ducks those guys arez but they didn't see the transition from it being Dave's site to Kim and Fetter's site. Samek wasn't perfect (predicted 12-0 for Gilbertson lol), but he sure treated his customers with a lot more respect than the rest of the idiots.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,709 Founders Club
    chuck said:

Canadawg said:

I don't think you were a doogman guy were you? Maybe just for a short period? A lot of posters here were on that site from the start in the late 90s. I know a lot, like me, got interested in recruiting when Neu was bringing in the Reggie class in 2001 following the RB win and signed up then.

Those who don't get why the Kim and dm.com hate lingers so strongly, in general, just weren't there for long enough to really get it. They see what ducks those guys arez but they didn't see the transition from it being Dave's site to Kim and Fetter's site. Samek wasn't perfect (predicted 12-0 for Gilbertson lol), but he sure treated his customers with a lot more respect than the rest of the idiots.
    ChuckHIV nailed it.

It's okay to shit on Kim on a semi regular basis here. It doesn't detract from HCH. I'd say it's part of our culture to laugh at Grinolds & Fetters. I'd like to see dm.c fail; implode if you will. The LPT not having a platform to spew their bullshit would be beyond satisfying.

Unfortunately, there are still too many gullible schmucks who subscribe to that site & help keep the lights on.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,786 Swaye's Wigwam
    Samek’s wife was cool.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,709 Founders Club
    TheHB said:

Samek’s wife was cool.

Dave himself seemed cool, based on my brief interactions with him.

Kim & Fetters are contemptible & vapid. These are the same people who retroactively pasted Fetters' name to articles that Derek had written for dm.c. They deserve all the barbs & disdain directed their way. Plagiarising Derek's work is unforgivable.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,358 Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Canadawg said:

I actually appreciate the history lesson because I have never spent a cent there. Poked around a tiny bit but definitely don't know the full background. It feels like an expanded version of your comment should be in DJs welcome to newcomers thread
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,925 Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

chuck said:

Canadawg said:

I actually appreciate the history lesson because I have never spent a cent there. Poked around a tiny bit but definitely don't know the full background. It feels like an expanded version of your comment should be in DJs welcome to newcomers thread
    Someone that knows a hell of a lot more than me should write that. Many here have known those guys personally.