Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

An outsiders perspective

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Valhalla said:

Passion - great response! I have never heard anything like that about Kim and guys before, thanks for sharing your experience. I have enjoyed and respected your voice on husky football for years. Its all about the formula!

Meek - Why are you so cranky? Our program does not suck balls, Colorado's program sucks balls. We are far from where we want to be but to say we suck balls is such an over the top reaction it comes across dumb. Are you not excited for this next year at all? New stadium, Tui back in the house coaching a 5th year SR who we know can ball it up (2011), The greatest TE in the history of the program playing his last year, 2nd year of a great LB group led by Shaq Thompson, a proven top D-Cordinator back for another season (we all saw what he did in his first), a 1,400 yrd rusher returning, a possible kicker with a big leg...... Just to name a few things that get me excited for 2013. Also, you are in the minority in not wanting to know whats happening with recruiting and today isnt my first visit to the site, its just the first time I tried to respond.

Derrick - I am excited for what the future of the site may express. I have always been a fan of your writing. I have bought and read all of your books except the last one and enjoyed them enough to encourage others to purchase. I am sorry you are losing your love for the Dawgs.

Roaddawg55 - I understand your anger toward the "yah Sark" crowd but really who gives a shit about them? They cant change a thing. The overly positive crowd can piss me off too but if I have to exhaust energy toward them then they win again. Rather than discuss ad nauseam the fanbase or the media that covers the team, talk about the team. As of right now, the ONLY fan base this site can attract and KEEP will only be Husky fans that are familiar with Dawgman. I say fuck that, dont be left with someones sloppy seconds.

Damone - Are you an alcoholic?

Great post! Valhalla, you have always been my favorite classy poster.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,482 Founders Club
    Classy thread.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    Valhalla said:

Passion - great response! I have never heard anything like that about Kim and guys before, thanks for sharing your experience. I have enjoyed and respected your voice on husky football for years. Its all about the formula!

Meek - Why are you so cranky? Our program does not suck balls, Colorado's program sucks balls. We are far from where we want to be but to say we suck balls is such an over the top reaction it comes across dumb.

Roaddawg55 - As of right now, the ONLY fan base this site can attract and KEEP will only be Husky fans that are familiar with Dawgman. I say fuck that, dont be left with someones sloppy seconds.

Thanks.

Let me say that some of the guys on here just like to complain. They finally got their own website where they can sit amongst other frustrated Husky Fans and vent, and what do they do? They just attack the very people that have joined them here. Brainless.

And I agree that this site shouldn't just become the alternative high school for the kids that got kicked out of Doucheman.com high school. Rather, it should attract its own type of fan - one that is smart enough and BALLSY enough to say when there is shit on the field. THAT is the niche that this website can fill - the forum for plain spoke fans. That should be the mission statement.

Yes, he's an alcoholic. Even worse, his drink of choice is Zima.
    edited May 2013
    Passion said:

Valhalla said:

Meek - Why are you so cranky? Our program does not suck balls, Colorado's program sucks balls. We are far from where we want to be but to say we suck balls is such an over the top reaction it comes across dumb.

Roaddawg55 - As of right now, the ONLY fan base this site can attract and KEEP will only be Husky fans that are familiar with Dawgman. I say fuck that, dont be left with someones sloppy seconds.

Thanks.

Let me say that some of the guys on here just like to complain. They finally got their own website where they can sit amongst other frustrated Husky Fans and vent, and what do they do? They just attack the very people that have joined them here. Brainless.

And I agree that this site shouldn't just become the alternative high school for the kids that got kicked out of Doucheman.com high school. Rather, it should attract its own type of fan - one that is smart enough and BALLSY enough to say when there is shit on the field. THAT is the niche that this website can fill - the forum for plain spoke fans. That should be the mission statement.

Yes, he's an alcoholic. Even worse, his drink of choice is Zima.
    W.JW.

If you would like info on how to financial keep this site running,please let me know. The zima comment is auburndoog fucking stupid.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,482 Founders Club
    I like to complain that some people just want to complain.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,389 Founders Club
    The "problem" is that 90% of what seems like complaining to outsiders is actually the reincarnation of past jokes applied to new circumstances. HHBisms, they're called. We enjoy those quite a bit, but it would be wise for us to find some balance, if that's possible, and I'm not convinced that it is, at least until the season starts and we have something more to talk about.
  • Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    I tend to agree about the nasty Grinolds remarks, I've had plenty of those. I'm done. Had to vent after the abuse and BS many of us paid for.

However, giving Cream Puff (aka Shark) crap is not going to stop. This guy is THE problem with Husky football. Why stop dumping on him? His soft undisciplined teams are the walking dead, year in and year out. There is nothing as important to the program as replacing his deadwood ass.

Spending a lot of time in x and o discussions out of context of this loser are mostly meaningless. The x's and o's always circle back to terrible coaching.
    Valhalla said:

This site could be really good, there are a number of well educated members. My best advice to make this a Husky site (if thats even the goal, but I am assuming it is by the name) is to not make it the dawgman ex-wives club. When every thread involves numerous Sark or Kim insults it kills the content and makes it feel like a Jr. High nerd circle. Too much talent and knowledge out here to be swallowed up by bitterness. I hope this doesnt come across as anything other than honest feedback, not looking for a fight or to pick a side.

• puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    Valhalla said:

This site could be really good, there are a number of well educated members. My best advice to make this a Husky site (if thats even the goal, but I am assuming it is by the name) is to not make it the dawgman ex-wives club. When every thread involves numerous Sark or Kim insults it kills the content and makes it feel like a Jr. High nerd circle. Too much talent and knowledge out here to be swallowed up by bitterness. I hope this doesnt come across as anything other than honest feedback, not looking for a fight or to p

Agree. I tried to come here to talk football, I was invited here, yet you get the same "this is my forum leave" bullshit from the same cocksuckers that left dawgman. Ill talk foootball or go back with you gags all day long.

edited May 2013
    Puppy steel - The leave thing was a joke. It gets said to most everyone who joins when they make an intro post. It goes back several year and was ripped off and carried forward from boards. There are many things that people just say that go way back. Now lighten the fuck or LEAVE. (for real)
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    sad day when you have to esplain the jokes
    Meek said:

sad day when you have to esplain the jokes

I thought the dumbfuck would have caught on after 24 hrs. Good Christ.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

Puppy steel - The leave thing was a joke. It gets said to most everyone who joins when they make an intro post. It goes back several year and was ripped off and carried forward from boards. There are many things that people just say that go way back. Now lighten the fuck or LEAVE. (for real)

You either get it or you millcreekcoug. Sugarheader outed himself as the latter long ago.

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Valhalla said:

This site could be really good, there are a number of well educated members. My best advice to make this a Husky site (if thats even the goal, but I am assuming it is by the name) is to not make it the dawgman ex-wives club. When every thread involves numerous Sark or Kim insults it kills the content and makes it feel like a Jr. High nerd circle. Too much talent and knowledge out here to be swallowed up by bitterness. I hope this doesnt come across as anything other than honest feedback, not looking for a fight or to pick a side.

Fuck perspective.
  • volcanodawgvolcanodawg Member Posts: 282
    GRAA.

The bored is just that, a bored. Say what's on your mind, on or off topic and don't over think it. we are not dawgman, which is a recruiting site that thinks they are football analysts simultaneously (which they are not). once football season is upon us, i'd imagine we'll have some football discussions, maybe even a PODCAST...even from the most jaded of members. Hi Race. Until then, do you really want to debate the upcoming season? it could be 3-9, or 10-2.....or maybe 7-6 (lol)?! the point is, nobody fucking knows what to expect from this season? will it follow sark's first 4 years and be riddled with ups and downs and terrible inconsistency landing us at the magical 7-6 again? or will sark have learned something that pushes his understanding of the role to levels he hasn't yet reached, & we win 10+? the schedule is soft....very soft. we can talk about MAT DRILLS and young men's developing hips & thighs if you really want.....but not a lot going on now other than the status quo. i am excited for the new stadium....drove by it the other day and i have to admit, it looks pretty sweet from the street. i am also excited for 7am beers in E1 on 8/31.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    Is this where I can get beer? No? Handjobs?

Nothing much to discuss about Husky Football until Woodward gets shitcanned. Everyone always talks about firing Sark. Why? The idiot who hired him will hire the next POS. Until Pool Boy is gone, it's more of the same....
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    Swaye said:

Nothing much to discuss about Husky Football until Woodward gets shitcanned. Everyone always talks about firing Sark. Why? The idiot who hired him will hire the next POS. Until Pool Boy is gone, it's more of the same....

topdawgnc called, he wants his schtick back

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    edited May 2013

Swaye said:

topdawgnc called, he wants his schtick back

Fuck you and him.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,279 Founders Club

GRAA.

................ i am excited for the new stadium....drove by it the other day and i have to admit, it looks pretty sweet from the street. i am also excited for 7am beers in E1 on 8/31.

with a 7pm kickoff, that's impressive. are you shooting for double vision by kick off, or a full blown black out? :D
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

We will never be a recruiting site unless someone else takes over the reigns. It doesn't interest me. Husky football itself only holds a fraction of the interest for me it used to have. Speaking personally, I am nearing the point where I will no longer be entertaining and expressing thoughts about Dawgman. The Dawgman that used to exist is dead. The Kim bravado stuff can be comical but it serves only as a distraction. My compadres here (fellow investors) will disagree with me on this and that's fine.

Without going into detail, I can say there's no way we would ever be issued press credentials unless we developed thunderous and influential traffic. Then and only then would it be possible, and it would be done begrudgingly. But as it stands right now, I have no interest in securing credentials anyway and furthermore there is no market for that information.

Ideally, I would like to see this place quadruple in traffic and become a great hub to freely discuss the good and the bad. It has potential but I don't think we're a quality site yet.

Recruiting is important and interesting, but not in the moment for the most part. Once a recruiting season is completed and the current class signed, we forget about most of the new kids until they show up as Huskies in a couple of years..... if they ever do show up. The recruit who can contribute immediately is very rare and typically not part of the recruiting hype cycle....... that is for well developed and successful programs.

• TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

I tend to agree about the nasty Grinolds remarks, I've had plenty of those. I'm done. Had to vent after the abuse and BS many of us paid for.

However, giving Cream Puff (aka Shark) crap is not going to stop. This guy is THE problem with Husky football. Why stop dumping on him? His soft undisciplined teams are the walking dead, year in and year out. There is nothing as important to the program as replacing his deadwood ass.

Spending a lot of time in x and o discussions out of context of this loser are mostly meaningless. The x's and o's always circle back to terrible coaching.

Valhalla said:

With regards to Sark, I absolutely do agree with you that he is soft and undisciplined, especially compared to the standards of coaching I believe we still prefer and expect. In some ways, Sark's program reminds me of what we had with Neuheisel except that Rick was a better recruiter and could sometimes manage a game plan in preparation for and execution during a game. I could say that Sark is Neuheisel brought up in Provo instead of L.A.

However, there is one thing about Sark that I've heard from my adult sons who've been with me in supporting Husky Football since before our 1978 Rose Bowl....... which is that Sark even with his shortcomings has revitalized excitement for our football program. Whether he's still learning as a head coach-in-training or is mostly just PR fluff, Sark is a significant step up from the Fraud who took our money and left us with his 0-12 masterpiece. But then, the Fraud in my opinion always was a huge step down from what we had with Neuheisel.