Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

An outsiders perspective

ValhallaValhalla Member Posts: 11
This site could be really good, there are a number of well educated members. My best advice to make this a Husky site (if thats even the goal, but I am assuming it is by the name) is to not make it the dawgman ex-wives club. When every thread involves numerous Sark or Kim insults it kills the content and makes it feel like a Jr. High nerd circle. Too much talent and knowledge out here to be swallowed up by bitterness. I hope this doesnt come across as anything other than honest feedback, not looking for a fight or to pick a side.

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,389 Founders Club
    edited May 2013
    Points well taken. I am not sure the direction it will take. First and foremost, it's a place we can come to and say what's on our mind without being deleted and condescended to by management (which is supposed to be the whole point to a message board). The problem, as I see it, is that Husky Football as we knew it no longer exists, so there's really not much to talk about that seems worthwhile. Back when the games really mattered, every detail about the team took on large significance. But these days, the losses don't hurt as much and the ongoing excuse making for Sark has sapped a lot of us of our love for the program.

But I may be singing a different tune come October. If the team's playing great, we will presumably be having a good time on here. if the team is shitting the bed, we'll have a place to discuss and debate. Perhaps we'll have one article a week, or maybe several. Perhaps the site will make a difference, or maybe it will remain a backwater. I don't know. I have no idea. But time will tell.
  • CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
    It's the slow time of year right now. Coaches are on the road recruiting and doing May evaluations. In June, there will be camps. July will be slow as well, but them comes August and fall camp and we're off and running. It will get crazy out here. Just when football season comes to an end, the hoops team is right in the thick of conference play and recruiting heats up and signing day in February. Then it's March Madness and spring football. It never stops here at Hardcore Husky.

We have all the angles covered - and that includes exposing Kim, Fleenor, and the rest of the liars at QueerDawg.com. Subscriptions here have never been higher here and we just continue to grow. Look for more articles, opinion, and breaking news coming up. We have plenty in the works here and we're just getting going. ;)
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,481 Founders Club
    We're not going to discuss this in the middle of the store
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited May 2013
    Valhalla said:

This site could be really good, there are a number of well educated members. My best advice to make this a Husky site (if thats even the goal, but I am assuming it is by the name) is to not make it the dawgman ex-wives club. When every thread involves numerous Sark or Kim insults it kills the content and makes it feel like a Jr. High nerd circle. Too much talent and knowledge out here to be swallowed up by bitterness. I hope this doesnt come across as anything other than honest feedback, not looking for a fight or to pick a side.

Nice post. There is some truth to your post, but I think this is a good board. From time to time there are serious football posts that have been enjoyable. A clever Kim joke is always great, although some are repetitive and a little stake.

While there is some truth to saying this place has some bitterness, I would take it over the "Yay Sark", "2013 is gonna be special even though all of the media is picking us to finish 3rd or 4th in the North. The bitterness all stems from watching and paying money for shitty football the past 12 years. I prefer repetitive jokes over made up bullshit by Kim and the rest at dawgman.

Regarding Sark, he gets bashed here and rightfully so. The posters here actually trust what they see each Saturday instead of listening to propaganda bullshit and dumb fucks like Kim, Fetters, and the Honks who have chosen access and friendly relations with UW over honest, accurate reporting and analysis. Well if Hugh Millen or Dick Baird said it, it must be true. They know way more about football than any of us measly internet guys.

If we came out playing physical, tough, disciplined football this year, I would not bash Sark and would be happy he seemed to be learning. I don't like Sark because he's a shitty coach who manipulates dumb cunts into thinking he is special through the media. He talks a good game, but he has proven time and again that that is all it is... Talk.

• CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
    The reason the jokes are repetitive is because Kim says the same old bullshit over and over again.

If he wasn't such a broken fucking record, we'd have less material. But he keeps at it, like saying 2013 will be special for the 7,000th time, and we keep getting more and more members.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    What a silly thread. Move on.

That said, Valahalla is one of my favorite, classy posters.
    edited May 2013

The reason the jokes are repetitive is because Kim says the same old bullshit over and over again.

If he wasn't such a broken fucking record, we'd have less material. But he keeps at it, like saying 2013 will be special for the 7,000th time, and we keep getting more and more members.

I said they could be. Really, I meant I can see how others can perceive it. Personally, I love me a Kim joke. He's a moron who deserves to get called out for not knowing anything and being wrong so often. Somehow, there are morons who have not caught on and value what he has to say because he is in charge of the biggest UW fan website.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    outsiders who join today and have opinions on the same day? Mods, can you tell him to take it to the je ne give a shit pas board?
    Meek said:

outsiders who join today and have opinions on the same day? Mods, can you tell him to take it to the je ne give a shit pas board?

The fuck is this? All of a sudden you're French Canadian Superiority Guy now?

oui... now fou toi!
    Meek said:

oui... now fou toi!

French Asian?
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    edited May 2013
    Good post, Valhalla. A few thoughts:

First, the reason why you'll see frequent kim-bashing is because most of us were with Dawgman.com from the beginning...when it was great. When I was back in the Northwest I remember holding an umbrella for Dave Samek as he took notes on Husky practice in the rain. It was beautiful.

Over time we saw the gradual decline as kim was seduced by access, pats on the head, and misguided beliefs that he could be "friends" with people on Montlake. Dawgman.com sold its soul because it wants to be close to the "power." The sad irony in all of this is that Dawgman.com WAS the power. As the internet grew, Dawgman.com became the unscripted voice of Husky Fans. The AD and coaches feared the power of the internet, and the platform that it gave everyday yokels (like us). Fans were given a voice and an opinion that could gain traction and support. Kim, fetters and the rest decided to throw it all away in exchange for "access," something they could've had anyway. They became the censored voice for people that are only temporary fans of Husky Football. When the current coaches and AD officials leave, will Dawgman.com still be "friends" with those guys? NO. They are only temporary followers of Husky Football. WE are permanent.

Regarding the future of this site...I don't know. I'm relatively new here. My hope is that leaders of this website will be given press credentials and thus access to press conferences and after-practice interviews. I hope that it will continue attracting people that understand football, and the culture of Husky football. My approach to message boards has always been to point out the good and the bad. Like you say, I don't want to become the jilted wives (or whatever) of Doucheman.com. Rather, I would like to see this website become a place where good play and coaching is recognized, analyzed, and dissected, and where bad play and coaching is ridiculed. THEN this will become the best forum for Husky Fans on the web.

Of course, the glaring omission is recruiting. This website has no answer for Biggins, Huffman, and the other talented reporters at scout.com...unless it eventually affiliates with another national network (God willing).

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,389 Founders Club
    edited May 2013
    We will never be a recruiting site unless someone else takes over the reigns. It doesn't interest me. Husky football itself only holds a fraction of the interest for me it used to have. Speaking personally, I am nearing the point where I will no longer be entertaining and expressing thoughts about Dawgman. The Dawgman that used to exist is dead. The Kim bravado stuff can be comical but it serves only as a distraction. My compadres here (fellow investors) will disagree with me on this and that's fine.

Without going into detail, I can say there's no way we would ever be issued press credentials unless we developed thunderous and influential traffic. Then and only then would it be possible, and it would be done begrudgingly. But as it stands right now, I have no interest in securing credentials anyway and furthermore there is no market for that information.

Ideally, I would like to see this place quadruple in traffic and become a great hub to freely discuss the good and the bad. It has potential but I don't think we're a quality site yet.
    yeah, this is kind of a nice waiting room to vent while we abandon the program at a rate of about 5% per year. Recruiting doesn't interest me either - it's just a smoke and mirrors way of pretending there's fantastic times ahead.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,916 Founders Club
    Passion said:

Of course, the glaring omission is recruiting. This website has no answer for Biggins, Huffman, and the other talented reporters at scout.com...unless it eventually affiliates with another national network (God willing).

I'll give doogman credit for having a relationship with Biggins, Huffman and the others and will admit this site couldn't compete with that even if we wanted to. I was originally interested in the recruiting info when I joined doogman way back when but the shit gets old and really, I wasn't that interested in reading statements from high school boys or seeing topless photos of them - hi Kim! At most, I look at the commit list and that's about it for recruiting.

Take a closer look at what doogman offers for recruiting and you get a group that talks a great deal about integrity and respect for the players when in fact, they're not any better than Roof. I've heard a couple stories about Eklund's constant hounding of local players and the shit is embarassing that a grown man will bug a high school boy that much.

So if Kim, Fat Fucking Fetter and Eklund want to chase high school boys, good for them. We'll discuss the football program and Husky sports in general and do it honestly without worrying about losing access to Sark and the other cool guys on the staff.

• ACSlaterDawgACSlaterDawg Member Posts: 200
    The next step for this site would be to have my original articles written. If some of us chip in occasionally then we can have 2-3 good articles per week. That will consistently attract more of a following. Forget the recruiting BS. Great content (like Houston's OL post and Derek's articles) will attract more visitors.

The next step for this site would be to have my original articles written. If some of us chip in occasionally then we can have 2-3 good articles per week. That will consistently attract more of a following. Forget the recruiting BS. Great content (like Houston's OL post and Derek's articles) will attract more visitors.

When can we expect your first article? I will hold your umbrella while pen the masterpiece.
    It will be interesting to see what this site is like during the season. Right now, there really is not much going on regarding Husky Football. I would hope there is quality football discussion once the season gets going. I also agree with ACSlater. More articles and content would be nice. I can't see how that wouldn't help the site.
    create your own site then. jesus h christ... everybody complains that a vent bored should have better content? fucking hell. the program sucks balls, the AD is a retard, the coach is a 2nd tier coordinator and we need to start coming up with our own content to make you happy? fucking just enjoy the profanity until we're not young.
  • ValhallaValhalla Member Posts: 11
    Passion - great response! I have never heard anything like that about Kim and guys before, thanks for sharing your experience. I have enjoyed and respected your voice on husky football for years. Its all about the formula!

Meek - Why are you so cranky? Our program does not suck balls, Colorado's program sucks balls. We are far from where we want to be but to say we suck balls is such an over the top reaction it comes across dumb. Are you not excited for this next year at all? New stadium, Tui back in the house coaching a 5th year SR who we know can ball it up (2011), The greatest TE in the history of the program playing his last year, 2nd year of a great LB group led by Shaq Thompson, a proven top D-Cordinator back for another season (we all saw what he did in his first), a 1,400 yrd rusher returning, a possible kicker with a big leg...... Just to name a few things that get me excited for 2013. Also, you are in the minority in not wanting to know whats happening with recruiting and today isnt my first visit to the site, its just the first time I tried to respond.

Derrick - I am excited for what the future of the site may express. I have always been a fan of your writing. I have bought and read all of your books except the last one and enjoyed them enough to encourage others to purchase. I am sorry you are losing your love for the Dawgs.

Roaddawg55 - I understand your anger toward the "yah Sark" crowd but really who gives a shit about them? They cant change a thing. The overly positive crowd can piss me off too but if I have to exhaust energy toward them then they win again. Rather than discuss ad nauseam the fanbase or the media that covers the team, talk about the team. As of right now, the ONLY fan base this site can attract and KEEP will only be Husky fans that are familiar with Dawgman. I say fuck that, dont be left with someones sloppy seconds.

Damone - Are you an alcoholic?