Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

SHOUGH YOU ALL

Comments

• Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,599
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

I’m trying to find any part of this being a bad thing. This is best transfer out we’ve had in years. The quarterback situation is less muddy now. It’s basically Brown, Butterfield, or Thompson.

Shough already beat Brown out for the job once. It's a risky endeavor to run off your starting qb even if you think he sucks.

It seems like only yesterday that @DJDuck was singing the praises of 2021 Heisman frontrunner Tyler Shough
    I don’t even think Brown showed up until after Spring ball.

He obviously outplayed Shough in games.
    They ran him out for specific packages/plays designed for a bigger qb that can't throw.

We'll see what kind of shit stew this guy cooks up when he has to implement the whole playbook.
    Can you do worse than Shough?
    Stubby Dylan Morris with his elite 136 QB rating.

Shough was 160 and had more than 3x the TD passes yet isn’t good enough for Oregon, as Duck fans agree.

Doogs didn’t beat a team with a winning record running that fat midget onto the field.
    Awful take.

You only watch your own team.
    Yes, all playoff contenders want a fat 5’11” QB with a 136 QB rating as their QB.

Oregon encourages better QBs like Shough to LEAVE.

You embrace a much worse QB who has literally zero chance of sniffing an NFL roster. Trust the process! Doogs gonna Doog.

Cringe
    Good luck with Dollar Store Baker Mayfield.

Doogs gonna Doog.
    Ty Thompson wind up takes longer than fucking Rollie Fingers and he generates 0 velocity. He fucking sucks.
    I mean maybe he’ll turn out to suck, but I think you have him confused with someone else, vis a vis throwing mechanics and arm strength.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2021
    haie said:

haie said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

haie said:

Any Dawg fan that isn’t nervous about the unknown over the known crap Oregon had at quarterback, doesn’t understand football. The new guy could suck, but the current one wasn’t going to win them a full season conference title. The new guy might.

It’s also refreshing to see a coaching staff not be afraid to make a move. Unlike Jimmy no balls who only tries to play it safe.

That's not the point. The point is you don't have a proven quarterback. It doesn't matter that you also didn't have one in 2020.

And fuck you guys. Morris is good. Watch the games some time.
    Morris isn’t a JAG but he’s pretty mediocre.
    He had the worst QB season since 0-12 Ronnie Fouch for UW but he is “good.” Mmmkay
    If you really believe that you are full blown retard.
    Who had a worse season since Fouch? Morris isn’t good. I’ll be shocked if he finishes next season as the starter.

Doogs galore in this thread, yet you all make fun of DJ for being a Quook.

Self-awareness. Get some.
    FOH with passer rating as your only evidence of anything. You obviously didn't actually watch him play.

Morris isn't going to be a first round pick but (small sample caveats apply):

He was better last year than post injury Price, any of the 2014 QBs and freshman (and probably senior) Browning. He wasn't close to the worst UW QB since Fouch.

His numbers are majorly handcuffed by a) Jon Don/Jimmy Lake's unimaginative offense b) an unreal number of drops by his receivers.

Don't believe me? I'm just being a doog? Well let's see what some non doogs have to say. How about QBR which measures the impact of the QB's passes versus what's actually happening in the game (so no padding stats with garbage time) and factors in sacks which are more on the QB than the OL, as well as SOS. How's Morris look there?

He slots at sixth in the Pac but closer to the top of the conference than the bottom. Like passer rating, this is where drops killed him. I don't have the numbers to compare to the rest of the conference but I would say with confidence he suffered more (and more significant) drops than any QB since Lockner with the possible exception of Eason last year.

Let's check in with the eye test guys at PFF They had him at 81.5 (second amongst returning QBs in the Pac) and had him second team all conference.

Fuck PFF you say? I generally agree. But at least they watched the games and don't just look at a couple stats and reach a conclusion.

I don't he's not a star but he was accurate on short and intermediate passes, made good decisions with the ball, was incredible at getting the ball out and avoiding the rush (probably his best trait, especially after five years of Jake's taking terrible sacks), didn't put the ball on the ground once (your boy Shough fumbled three times and lost two of them) and he was clutch as hell.

That's not an All American package but it's not mediocre and it's not a JAG, especially not for this conference. And he did all this as a RS freshman who had no reps coming into the season.

I'm Team ISHIT so I hope Huard beats him out because Huard has the one thing Morris doesn't, an accurate deep ball. But if Morris starts UW is getting an above average Pac12 QB at worst and an all conference caliber QB at best. He's basically Jake Browning without the pants shitting, and that's a pretty damn valuable QB.

I know it's unfair to expect you to know anything since all you look at is passer rating, but it's true, and it's not dooging.

UW goes into the year with just as high of a ceiling at QB as Oregon does (Five star freshman comes in and plays lights out) but Morris also gives UW a high floor at QB. They can win the conference with Morris.
    That’s a lot of explaining for why a QB with a 4-3 TD/INT season and a 132 passer rating is good. He’s really good! Stats says he’s average at best but trust my subjective homer take! Another offseason title for UW!

Doog it up. It’s awesome. Reminds me of the Quook morons on eDuck when I was on that site making excuses for average players. I hope your midget QB does well, just because I like when UW and Oregon are both good. Beating the shit out of them 34-17 for 60 years in a row got old.
    Jesus, what a dumb fuck.
    Great rebuttal, Doog. I don’t think Morris is good. Are you his boyfriend or something?
    What's with the labels man?

You're a quook.

The state to the north of you owns you. The state to the south of you owns you.

Beavlet owns you in sports this year.

Fucking losers.
    By what metric does the state to the north, which has lost 4 straight to Oregon, “own” Oregon? Or the state to the south, which is 1-6 over the last 2 seasons against Oregon?
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    haie said:

haie said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

haie said:

Any Dawg fan that isn’t nervous about the unknown over the known crap Oregon had at quarterback, doesn’t understand football. The new guy could suck, but the current one wasn’t going to win them a full season conference title. The new guy might.

It’s also refreshing to see a coaching staff not be afraid to make a move. Unlike Jimmy no balls who only tries to play it safe.

That's not the point. The point is you don't have a proven quarterback. It doesn't matter that you also didn't have one in 2020.

He had the worst QB season since 0-12 Ronnie Fouch for UW but he is “good.” Mmmkay
    Who had a worse season since Fouch? Morris isn’t good. I’ll be shocked if he finishes next season as the starter.

FOH with passer rating as your only evidence of anything. You obviously didn't actually watch him play.

He was better last year than post injury Price, any of the 2014 QBs and freshman (and probably senior) Browning. He wasn't close to the worst UW QB since Fouch.

His numbers are majorly handcuffed by a) Jon Don/Jimmy Lake's unimaginative offense b) an unreal number of drops by his receivers.

Don't believe me? I'm just being a doog? Well let's see what some non doogs have to say. How about QBR which measures the impact of the QB's passes versus what's actually happening in the game (so no padding stats with garbage time) and factors in sacks which are more on the QB than the OL, as well as SOS. How's Morris look there?

He slots at sixth in the Pac but closer to the top of the conference than the bottom. Like passer rating, this is where drops killed him. I don't have the numbers to compare to the rest of the conference but I would say with confidence he suffered more (and more significant) drops than any QB since Lockner with the possible exception of Eason last year.

Let's check in with the eye test guys at PFF They had him at 81.5 (second amongst returning QBs in the Pac) and had him second team all conference.

Fuck PFF you say? I generally agree. But at least they watched the games and don't just look at a couple stats and reach a conclusion.

I don't he's not a star but he was accurate on short and intermediate passes, made good decisions with the ball, was incredible at getting the ball out and avoiding the rush (probably his best trait, especially after five years of Jake's taking terrible sacks), didn't put the ball on the ground once (your boy Shough fumbled three times and lost two of them) and he was clutch as hell.

That's not an All American package but it's not mediocre and it's not a JAG, especially not for this conference. And he did all this as a RS freshman who had no reps coming into the season.

I'm Team ISHIT so I hope Huard beats him out because Huard has the one thing Morris doesn't, an accurate deep ball. But if Morris starts UW is getting an above average Pac12 QB at worst and an all conference caliber QB at best. He's basically Jake Browning without the pants shitting, and that's a pretty damn valuable QB.

I know it's unfair to expect you to know anything since all you look at is passer rating, but it's true, and it's not dooging.

UW goes into the year with just as high of a ceiling at QB as Oregon does (Five star freshman comes in and plays lights out) but Morris also gives UW a high floor at QB. They can win the conference with Morris.
    That’s a lot of explaining for why a QB with a 4-3 TD/INT season and a 132 passer rating is good. He’s really good! Stats says he’s average at best but trust my subjective homer take! Another offseason title for UW!

Doog it up. It’s awesome. Reminds me of the Quook morons on eDuck when I was on that site making excuses for average players. I hope your midget QB does well, just because I like when UW and Oregon are both good. Beating the shit out of them 34-17 for 60 years in a row got old.
    Jesus, what a dumb fuck.
    Great rebuttal, Doog. I don’t think Morris is good. Are you his boyfriend or something?

You're a quook.

Fucking losers.
    You’re so ridiculous. Thanks for being such a Doog.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

I don't ask for much, medium sized sweet baby Jesus, but please give Dylan "I threw three picks against the only defense I played with a pulse" Morris the same lifetim contract you gave Jimmy Lake.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    ntxduck said:

haie said:

haie said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

haie said:

Jesus, what a dumb fuck.

You're a quook.

Fucking losers.
    By what metric does the state to the north, which has lost 4 straight to Oregon, “own” Oregon? Or the state to the south, which is 1-6 over the last 2 seasons against Oregon?
    Still want to hear an answer to this just because it will be very haieFS
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

haie said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

haie said:

Jesus, what a dumb fuck.

You're a quook.

Fucking losers.
    I think it bothers Haie that although Oregon hates UW more, they actually fear WSU more on a game to game basis.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

haie said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

haie said:

Jesus, what a dumb fuck.

You're a quook.

Fucking losers.
    I think it bothers Haie that although Oregon hates UW more, they actually fear WSU more on a game to game basis.
    It should bother all of us
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

dnc said:

haie said:

He slots at sixth in the Pac but closer to the top of the conference than the bottom. Like passer rating, this is where drops killed him. I don't have the numbers to compare to the rest of the conference but I would say with confidence he suffered more (and more significant) drops than any UW QB since Lockner with the possible exception of Eason last year, and in Eason's case part of the reason was Eason himself (who didn't throw a very catchable ball). Morris didn't have the issue.

Fuck PFF you say? I generally agree. But at least they watched the games and don't just look at a couple stats and reach a conclusion. And in this case their eyes saw what I saw, a pretty good QB.

I don't think he's not a star but he was accurate on short and intermediate passes, made good decisions with the ball, was incredible at getting the ball out and avoiding the rush (probably his best trait, especially after five years of Jake's taking terrible sacks), didn't put the ball on the ground once (your boy Shough fumbled three times and lost two of them) and he was clutch as hell.

“Didn’t throw a catchable ball”

Since when did this place turn into dawgman? That’s the stupidest shit I’ve ever heard
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

haie said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

haie said:

Jesus, what a dumb fuck.

You're a quook.

Fucking losers.
    It should bother all of us
    I am bothered by this more than I should be.
  • Options
    I’ve been waiting for the QB dick measuring contest. It arrived faster than expected, mostly because I thought Shough would wait for spring ball before he realized what was up. He just has that “I believe in myself and can overcome everything” type of arrogant face. Shough is probably a nice guy, but he has also only faced Disney type adversity his whole life so I stand by that claim.

My stance is that neither team has a proven QB worth praising, let alone trying to lord over the other. In the conference maybe Slovis and Daniels are that QB - but only by comparison to the rest. Until proven otherwise this is not the tits, in fact it’s the worst QB group in the conference in recent mammary.
  • Options

I’ve been waiting for the QB dick measuring contest. It arrived faster than expected, mostly because I thought Shough would wait for spring ball before he realized what was up. He just has that “I believe in myself and can overcome everything” type of arrogant face. Shough is probably a nice guy, but he has also only faced Disney type adversity his whole life so I stand by that claim.

My stance is that neither team has a proven QB worth praising, let alone trying to lord over the other. In the conference maybe Slovis and Daniels are that QB - but only by comparison to the rest. Until proven otherwise this is not the tits, in fact it’s the worst QB group in the conference in recent mammary.

Daniels is the only qb worth a shit in the conference
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

haie said:

He slots at sixth in the Pac but closer to the top of the conference than the bottom. Like passer rating, this is where drops killed him. I don't have the numbers to compare to the rest of the conference but I would say with confidence he suffered more (and more significant) drops than any UW QB since Lockner with the possible exception of Eason last year, and in Eason's case part of the reason was Eason himself (who didn't throw a very catchable ball). Morris didn't have the issue.

Fuck PFF you say? I generally agree. But at least they watched the games and don't just look at a couple stats and reach a conclusion. And in this case their eyes saw what I saw, a pretty good QB.

I don't think he's not a star but he was accurate on short and intermediate passes, made good decisions with the ball, was incredible at getting the ball out and avoiding the rush (probably his best trait, especially after five years of Jake's taking terrible sacks), didn't put the ball on the ground once (your boy Shough fumbled three times and lost two of them) and he was clutch as hell.

“Didn’t throw a catchable ball”

Since when did this place turn into dawgman? That’s the stupidest shit I’ve ever heard
    I’m sorry if you associate the phrase “catchable ball” with retards - but it’s a real thing. You’ll hear the mentally feeble say they’re hungry, but that’s still a thing that normal people say.
    Take the word of rapey potato head:

• Options
    ntxduck said:

I don’t disagree. If I had to pick one it would be Daniels. I’d prefer Slovis over the rest, although he’s nowhere near as good as the national media makes him out to be.

Slovis has had all the WRs he could ever want, and is in an air raid to put up numbers. He actually has been mostly good except for against Oregon, and has the arm talent for the NFL to want him. I’d gladly take him over Brown at the moment.
  • Options

I think saying a kid who's nearly lost his mom to breast cancer five or six times in his life has only faced Disney-level adversity in his life is a little Quookish. Not as Quookish as the ScoopDuck guys who said Shough was better than Sherbert. But that's next-level Quooking.

The simple answer was Shough was fine. Not great like Sherbert or Mariota. Not god-awful like Burmeister or Locknie. He got into trouble because he thought he could hit tight window balls like Sherbert, and guess what, no one can. Morris is mostly fine, but the fact that he couldn't hit deep balls against the sisters of the pore didn't really foretell great things when he got to defenses with guys like Talanoa Hufanga who could take away his safety blanket throw to the tight end.

And PFF numbers be damned -- and yes Fudgie, they're god awful since the NFL started hiring the guys with talent like Zac Robinson and leaving the nimrods like Mike Renner behind -- every Pac-12 team is starting one of two types of QB next year. The borderline Browning who's pretty accurate, but as questionable arm talent (This is yore Morris, yore Garbers, yore Slovis, yore Gebbia and where yore Shough would've slotted in) or the rocket-armed quarterback who miss too many layups (yore Daniels, yore DTR, yore Anthony Brown).

Meanwhile, 5-star California QBs will be starting at Clemson, Bammer and Ohio State next year. FMFYFE.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

I don't ask for much, medium sized sweet baby Jesus, but please give Dylan "I threw three picks against the only defense I played with a pulse" Morris the same lifetim contract you gave Jimmy Lake.
    Picking a single stat line within an offense that refuses to throw the ball is really, really stupid.

What'd he do with the game on the line against Utah?

What happened on that game tying TD against Stanford?

How does he throw on the run when the play breaks down? I didn't know before this year since I've been watching Browning.

Thanks for playing.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2021

I think saying a kid who's nearly lost his mom to breast cancer five or six times in his life has only faced Disney-level adversity in his life is a little Quookish. Not as Quookish as the ScoopDuck guys who said Shough was better than Sherbert. But that's next-level Quooking.

The simple answer was Shough was fine. Not great like Sherbert or Mariota. Not god-awful like Burmeister or Locknie. He got into trouble because he thought he could hit tight window balls like Sherbert, and guess what, no one can. Morris is mostly fine, but the fact that he couldn't hit deep balls against the sisters of the pore didn't really foretell great things when he got to defenses with guys like Talanoa Hufanga who could take away his safety blanket throw to the tight end.

And PFF numbers be damned -- and yes Fudgie, they're god awful since the NFL started hiring the guys with talent like Zac Robinson and leaving the nimrods like Mike Renner behind -- every Pac-12 team is starting one of two types of QB next year. The borderline Browning who's pretty accurate, but as questionable arm talent (This is yore Morris, yore Garbers, yore Slovis, yore Gebbia and where yore Shough would've slotted in) or the rocket-armed quarterback who miss too many layups (yore Daniels, yore DTR, yore Anthony Brown).

Meanwhile, 5-star California QBs will be starting at Clemson, Bammer and Ohio State next year. FMFYFE.
    Dude.

Shuck/Show/Schoufh whatever was fucking ass.

As a doog, I'm admitting he was THE reason you guys sucked on offense. He wasn't "fine"

Really that's your take? I respect you a lot as a non dumb fuck duck (there aren't many), but man that's a shit take..he was the anchor, to me at least.

Coaches ran him too. Boston College qb isn't the answer.

How is this not a legit problem for Oregon?
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

ntxduck said:

I don’t disagree. If I had to pick one it would be Daniels. I’d prefer Slovis over the rest, although he’s nowhere near as good as the national media makes him out to be.

Slovis has had all the WRs he could ever want, and is in an air raid to put up numbers. He actually has been mostly good except for against Oregon, and has the arm talent for the NFL to want him. I’d gladly take him over Brown at the moment.
    I don’t understand why Oregon struggles against the Cougar air raid, but absolutely destroys the USC air raid
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    I think we can all agree that Doogs are fine with their JAG QB while Oregon knows they needed better than their top-rated passer rated QB.

Whoever said this is the worst crop of PAC12 QBs in years nailed it.

If the goal is a Holiday or Sun Bowl for a program that recruits Top 25, Morris and Shough are your guys.

Do you really think Shough would leave if the coaches don’t already have supreme confidence in Ty Thompson?

If Huard sits behind Morris for more than a year, if that long, then he’s sucks too.

Who’s coaching the Husky defense BTW? Kwiat left because Lake sucks as a boss and Choate played UDub and slake into a real opportunity in Austin for the same money.
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

haie said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

haie said:

Jesus, what a dumb fuck.

You're a quook.

Fucking losers.
    Still waiting @haie
  • Options
    haie said:

Dude.

Shuck/Show/Schoufh whatever was fucking ass.

As a doog, I'm admitting he was THE reason you guys sucked on offense. He wasn't "fine"

Really that's your take? I respect you a lot as a non dumb fuck duck (there aren't many), but man that's a shit take..he was the anchor, to me at least.

Coaches ran him too. Boston College qb isn't the answer.

How is this not a legit problem for Oregon?
    Hi. You seem to be struggling on every thread. But instead of PMing @IrishDuck22, let me help you.

Shough versus Morris is a dick measuring contest between two guys packing three inches. It doesn't really matter if one of them is 3.25 inches or even 3.5. Those types of QBs aren't hard to replace. Morris beat Utah because Worshington's defense stuck their 9 incher into Utah's shitty offense and forced turnovers. Shough beat USC because Kayvon Thibodeaux did the same thing to USC's shitty offensive line. Iowa State plunger rapes either quarterback. They're also SP+'s number 11 defense compared to Utah's 26th ranked one and USC's 29th.

Shough read the room, saw that Braxton Burmeister was going into the offseason as Virginia Tech's starter, and knew he'd find a landing spot. Worshington's fan base have their offseason natty hopes pinned on Sam Huard. Oregon's on Ty Thompson. The difference being Ethan Garbers read the room before Sam Huard stepped on campus and bolted for UCLA. Jay Butterfield and Robby Ashford stuck around, even after Ty Thompson set foot on campus. Worshington goes into 2021 with two mediocre starters (including the one they picked up from Colorado State) and one five-star they hope puts both of them into the portal. Oregon goes into 2021 with one mediocre starting quarterback and three guys they hope put him in the portal.

Meanwhile in 11 months, @GrundleStiltzkin will be counting the number of times the announcers talk about how Bryce Young and DJ Uiagalelei took their high school rivalry from California to a place where football matters more.

Thank you for coming to my mediocre college quarterback TED Talk.