Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

SHOUGH YOU ALL

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Any Dawg fan that isn’t nervous about the unknown over the known crap Oregon had at quarterback, doesn’t understand football. The new guy could suck, but the current one wasn’t going to win them a full season conference title. The new guy might.

It’s also refreshing to see a coaching staff not be afraid to make a move. Unlike Jimmy no balls who only tries to play it safe.

That's not the point. The point is you don't have a proven quarterback. It doesn't matter that you also didn't have one in 2020.

And fuck you guys. Morris is good. Watch the games some time.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

Any Dawg fan that isn’t nervous about the unknown over the known crap Oregon had at quarterback, doesn’t understand football. The new guy could suck, but the current one wasn’t going to win them a full season conference title. The new guy might.

It’s also refreshing to see a coaching staff not be afraid to make a move. Unlike Jimmy no balls who only tries to play it safe.

That's not the point. The point is you don't have a proven quarterback. It doesn't matter that you also didn't have one in 2020.

Lol
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

haie said:

Lol
    Low information quook board. Low information quook poasters.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

Lol
    Oregon doesn’t have a proven qb. That’s not debatable. Morris is JAG though. If you want to delude yourself into thinking hes good, then fine.
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited February 2021

dnc said:

haie said:

I’m trying to find any part of this being a bad thing. This is best transfer out we’ve had in years. The quarterback situation is less muddy now. It’s basically Brown, Butterfield, or Thompson.

Shough already beat Brown out for the job once. It's a risky endeavor to run off your starting qb even if you think he sucks.

It seems like only yesterday that @DJDuck was singing the praises of 2021 Heisman frontrunner Tyler Shough
    I don’t even think Brown showed up until after Spring ball.

He obviously outplayed Shough in games.
    They ran him out for specific packages/plays designed for a bigger qb that can't throw.

We'll see what kind of shit stew this guy cooks up when he has to implement the whole playbook.
    Can you do worse than Shough?
    Stubby Dylan Morris with his elite 136 QB rating.

Shough was 160 and had more than 3x the TD passes yet isn’t good enough for Oregon, as Duck fans agree.

Doogs didn’t beat a team with a winning record running that fat midget onto the field.
    Too much stupid for one post.

Try harder.
    White flag

Dylan Morris is fucking terrible. Do you disagree?

I know UDub accepts mediocrity now, but Morris isn’t even mediocre. He’s really bad.
    It's obvious that you never watched Dillon play. Dillon protected the ball. Shuck treated it like a hot potato. Just admit that you know jack shit and move along.
    A mediocre game manager. Good luck with that.
    haie said:

4 TDs 3 INTs in four games with a 136 rating isn’t “good.” Average is more like it.

Watching the Doogs here hype him up is hilarious. No defensive coordinator is going into a UDub game planning to stop the squatty short guy. Make him beat you. Fortunately for the Dawgs, they played 4 bad teams last year and the “good” QB averaged 1 TD pass a game and averaged just over 13 ypg on the ground.

He’s just not good. Nothing special at all. Twig Huard will push him this spring if he put on some weight.
  • Options
    Even Montana Fruitcup was a better QB in 2016 than Morris was last year and he got benched for a true freshman.

6 games
    8 TD passing
    2 TD running
    152 rating
    2 INT
    0 fumbles
    1214 passing yards
    171 rushing yards
    66% completion
    9 AY/A
    8.5 A/Y

But Dylan Morris was “good” last year. Right.

Jacob Eason isn’t walking through the door next fall. Morris needs to dramatically improve or he’ll be sitting on the bench if he plays the same as this past abbreviated season.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

Lol
    Oregon doesn’t have a proven qb. That’s not debatable. Morris is JAG though. If you want to delude yourself into thinking hes good, then fine.
    I like what I saw. Accurate on the run, makes good decisions, spreads the ball around well. Knows when to just run and get the first. Modern college quarterback.

Fuck off with the low information fan rhetoric. Jag after 4 games? 3-1, was never the reason when we were bad, was a huge reason when we played really good.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited February 2021
    haie said:

Morris isn’t a JAG but he’s pretty mediocre.
  • Options

haie said:

He had the worst QB season since 0-12 Ronnie Fouch for UW but he is “good.” Mmmkay
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

haie said:

He had the worst QB season since 0-12 Ronnie Fouch for UW but he is “good.” Mmmkay
    If you really believe that you are full blown retard.
  • Options
    dnc said:

haie said:

Who had a worse season since Fouch? Morris isn’t good. I’ll be shocked if he finishes next season as the starter.

Doogs galore in this thread, yet you all make fun of DJ for being a Quook.

Self-awareness. Get some.
  • Options
    edited February 2021

dnc said:

haie said:

Who had a worse season since Fouch? Morris isn’t good. I’ll be shocked if he finishes next season as the starter.

FOH with passer rating as your only evidence of anything. You obviously didn't actually watch him play.

Morris isn't going to be a first round pick but (small sample caveats apply):

He was better last year than post injury Price, any of the 2014 QBs and freshman (and probably senior) Browning. He wasn't close to the worst UW QB since Fouch.

His numbers are majorly handcuffed by a) Jon Don/Jimmy Lake's unimaginative offense b) an unreal number of drops by his receivers.

Don't believe me? I'm just being a doog? Well let's see what some non doogs have to say. How about QBR which measures the impact of the QB's passes versus what's actually happening in the game (so no padding stats with garbage time) and factors in sacks which are more on the QB than the OL, as well as SOS. How's Morris look there?

He slots at sixth in the Pac but closer to the top of the conference than the bottom. Like passer rating, this is where drops killed him. I don't have the numbers to compare to the rest of the conference but I would say with confidence he suffered more (and more significant) drops than any UW QB since Lockner with the possible exception of Eason last year, and in Eason's case part of the reason was Eason himself (who didn't throw a very catchable ball). Morris didn't have the issue.

Let's check in with the eye test guys at PFF They had him at 81.5 (second amongst returning QBs in the Pac) and had him second team all conference.

Fuck PFF you say? I generally agree. But at least they watched the games and don't just look at a couple stats and reach a conclusion. And in this case their eyes saw what I saw, a pretty good QB.

I don't think he's not a star but he was accurate on short and intermediate passes, made good decisions with the ball, was incredible at getting the ball out and avoiding the rush (probably his best trait, especially after five years of Jake's taking terrible sacks), didn't put the ball on the ground once (your boy Shough fumbled three times and lost two of them) and he was clutch as hell.

That's not an All American package but it's not mediocre and it's not a JAG, especially not for this conference. And he did all this as a RS freshman who had no reps coming into the season.

I'm Team ISHIT so I hope Huard beats him out because Huard has the one thing Morris doesn't, an accurate deep ball. But if Morris starts UW is getting an above average Pac12 QB at worst and an all conference caliber QB at best. He's basically Jake Browning without the pants shitting, and that's a pretty damn valuable QB.

I know it's unfair to expect you to know anything since all you look at is passer rating, but it's true, and it's not dooging.

UW goes into the year with just as high of a ceiling at QB as Oregon does (Five star freshman comes in and plays lights out) but Morris also gives UW a high floor at QB. They can win the conference with Morris.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    dnc said:

dnc said:

haie said:

FOH with passer rating as your only evidence of anything. You obviously didn't actually watch him play.

He was better last year than post injury Price, any of the 2014 QBs and freshman (and probably senior) Browning. He wasn't close to the worst UW QB since Fouch.

His numbers are majorly handcuffed by a) Jon Don/Jimmy Lake's unimaginative offense b) an unreal number of drops by his receivers.

Don't believe me? I'm just being a doog? Well let's see what some non doogs have to say. How about QBR which measures the impact of the QB's passes versus what's actually happening in the game (so no padding stats with garbage time) and factors in sacks which are more on the QB than the OL, as well as SOS. How's Morris look there?

He slots at sixth in the Pac but closer to the top of the conference than the bottom. Like passer rating, this is where drops killed him. I don't have the numbers to compare to the rest of the conference but I would say with confidence he suffered more (and more significant) drops than any QB since Lockner with the possible exception of Eason last year.

Let's check in with the eye test guys at PFF They had him at 81.5 (second amongst returning QBs in the Pac) and had him second team all conference.

Fuck PFF you say? I generally agree. But at least they watched the games and don't just look at a couple stats and reach a conclusion.

I don't he's not a star but he was accurate on short and intermediate passes, made good decisions with the ball, was incredible at getting the ball out and avoiding the rush (probably his best trait, especially after five years of Jake's taking terrible sacks), didn't put the ball on the ground once (your boy Shough fumbled three times and lost two of them) and he was clutch as hell.

That's not an All American package but it's not mediocre and it's not a JAG, especially not for this conference. And he did all this as a RS freshman who had no reps coming into the season.

I'm Team ISHIT so I hope Huard beats him out because Huard has the one thing Morris doesn't, an accurate deep ball. But if Morris starts UW is getting an above average Pac12 QB at worst and an all conference caliber QB at best. He's basically Jake Browning without the pants shitting, and that's a pretty damn valuable QB.

I know it's unfair to expect you to know anything since all you look at is passer rating, but it's true, and it's not dooging.

UW goes into the year with just as high of a ceiling at QB as Oregon does (Five star freshman comes in and plays lights out) but Morris also gives UW a high floor at QB. They can win the conference with Morris.
    That’s a lot of explaining for why a QB with a 4-3 TD/INT season and a 132 passer rating is good. He’s really good! Stats says he’s average at best but trust my subjective homer take! Another offseason title for UW!

Doog it up. It’s awesome. Reminds me of the Quook morons on eDuck when I was on that site making excuses for average players. I hope your midget QB does well, just because I like when UW and Oregon are both good. Beating the shit out of them 34-17 for 60 years in a row got old.
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

haie said:

He slots at sixth in the Pac but closer to the top of the conference than the bottom. Like passer rating, this is where drops killed him. I don't have the numbers to compare to the rest of the conference but I would say with confidence he suffered more (and more significant) drops than any QB since Lockner with the possible exception of Eason last year.

Fuck PFF you say? I generally agree. But at least they watched the games and don't just look at a couple stats and reach a conclusion.

I don't he's not a star but he was accurate on short and intermediate passes, made good decisions with the ball, was incredible at getting the ball out and avoiding the rush (probably his best trait, especially after five years of Jake's taking terrible sacks), didn't put the ball on the ground once (your boy Shough fumbled three times and lost two of them) and he was clutch as hell.

That’s a lot of explaining for why a QB with a 4-3 TD/INT season and a 132 passer rating is good. He’s really good! Stats says he’s average at best but trust my subjective homer take! Another offseason title for UW!

Doog it up. It’s awesome. Reminds me of the Quook morons on eDuck when I was on that site making excuses for average players. I hope your midget QB does well, just because I like when UW and Oregon are both good. Beating the shit out of them 34-17 for 60 years in a row got old.
    So you haven't watched him play.

Bye Felicia.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,527
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Haha I smoked it all.

He's certainly not as athletic as McSorley but probably has a bigger arm. His decision came down to UW and ND and he was the #4 rated pro-style QB in the country for a reason.

HFNY said:

It is obvious hat Morris does not have ideal height for a QB but you don't need to be 6'4" to win a lot of games in college. He sort of reminds me of Trace McSorley.

He was only a RS-Frosh in 2020 and returns as a RS-Soph while enjoying a very veteran offense with a high floor and pretty good ceiling if the WRs finally step up.

haie said:

I’m trying to find any part of this being a bad thing. This is best transfer out we’ve had in years. The quarterback situation is less muddy now. It’s basically Brown, Butterfield, or Thompson.

Shough already beat Brown out for the job once. It's a risky endeavor to run off your starting qb even if you think he sucks.

It seems like only yesterday that @DJDuck was singing the praises of 2021 Heisman frontrunner Tyler Shough

They ran him out for specific packages/plays designed for a bigger qb that can't throw.

We'll see what kind of shit stew this guy cooks up when he has to implement the whole playbook.

Shough was 160 and had more than 3x the TD passes yet isn’t good enough for Oregon, as Duck fans agree.

Doogs didn’t beat a team with a winning record running that fat midget onto the field.
    Trace McSorley? Are you on crack? Trace McSorley ran a 4.57 and played in an RPO/QB run offense. This might be the worst comp I’ve ever seen. If anything Dylan is a mediocre version of Colt McCoy.

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,527
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I'm not crazy about Morris because he doesn't have a ceiling of a Eason or the athleticism of a Lockerbut my eyes weren't lying to me when I saw him operate the offense last year. I'm not worried about him / O'Brien / Huard, it's the WRs who have let me down the past few years. Unbreak my heart, Puka!

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

dnc said:

haie said:

Jesus, what a dumb fuck.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

haie said:

Too much stupid for one post.

Try harder.
    White flag

Dylan Morris is fucking terrible. Do you disagree?

I know UDub accepts mediocrity now, but Morris isn’t even mediocre. He’s really bad.
    It's obvious that you never watched Dillon play. Dillon protected the ball. Shuck treated it like a hot potato. Just admit that you know jack shit and move along.
    A mediocre game manager. Good luck with that.
    haie said:

4 TDs 3 INTs in four games with a 136 rating isn’t “good.” Average is more like it.

Watching the Doogs here hype him up is hilarious. No defensive coordinator is going into a UDub game planning to stop the squatty short guy. Make him beat you. Fortunately for the Dawgs, they played 4 bad teams last year and the “good” QB averaged 1 TD pass a game and averaged just over 13 ypg on the ground.

He’s just not good. Nothing special at all. Twig Huard will push him this spring if he put on some weight.
    You got Stanford without the best qb in the conference because of a fucking false positive you fucking moron.

Lost to fucking beavlet and previously winless Cal.

LOL
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    haie said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

haie said:

Jesus, what a dumb fuck.
    Great rebuttal, Doog. I don’t think Morris is good. Are you his boyfriend or something?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

haie said:

Jesus, what a dumb fuck.
    Great rebuttal, Doog. I don’t think Morris is good. Are you his boyfriend or something?
    What's with the labels man?

You're a quook.

The state to the north of you owns you. The state to the south of you owns you.

Beavlet owns you in sports this year.

Fucking losers.