Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

SHOUGH YOU ALL

Comments

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    has pweston commented yet?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,921
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I’m trying to find any part of this being a bad thing. This is best transfer out we’ve had in years. The quarterback situation is less muddy now. It’s basically Brown, Butterfield, or Thompson.

Shough already beat Brown out for the job once. It's a risky endeavor to run off your starting qb even if you think he sucks.

It seems like only yesterday that @DJDuck was singing the praises of 2021 Heisman frontrunner Tyler Shough
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,599
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Sounds like Moorhead wanted Brown and Mario felt obligated to Shough.

Kinda reminds me of Bellotti and the whole AJ Feely/Joey Harrington thing with Tedford.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,167
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited February 2021
    Oregon hype machine leads to the transfer of a QB deemed the next big thing after having done next to nothing. Shough n’ ay
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

I’m trying to find any part of this being a bad thing. This is best transfer out we’ve had in years. The quarterback situation is less muddy now. It’s basically Brown, Butterfield, or Thompson.

Shough already beat Brown out for the job once. It's a risky endeavor to run off your starting qb even if you think he sucks.

It seems like only yesterday that @DJDuck was singing the praises of 2021 Heisman frontrunner Tyler Shough
    Pressing. Brown was new to the system. Shuck was the presumed starter and had the benefit of the doubt. He lost it.

Brown looked better.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Pressing. Brown was new to the system. Shuck was the presumed starter and had the benefit of the doubt. He lost it.

Brown looked better.
    When In doubt always go with the younger guy, especially in a 4 game “season”.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188

ntxduck said:

Can someone explain to me how every outlet has the Oregon offense being "loaded" or "stacked" for next year? Brown isn't that guy to make that happen. If they are loaded then the Huskies are as well because we have all 11 starters back. We aren't elite either.

Link?
    hardcorehusky.com

There is a major Oregon problem here. And apparently this shit kicking recruiting class you got is going to win the Natty as freshmen
    Hopefully they can beat the Beavers someday
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    HuskyJW said:

ntxduck said:

Can someone explain to me how every outlet has the Oregon offense being "loaded" or "stacked" for next year? Brown isn't that guy to make that happen. If they are loaded then the Huskies are as well because we have all 11 starters back. We aren't elite either.

Link?
    hardcorehusky.com

There is a major Oregon problem here. And apparently this shit kicking recruiting class you got is going to win the Natty as freshmen
    Are the Doogs going to play road games next year?
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited February 2021

HuskyJW said:

ntxduck said:

Link?
    hardcorehusky.com

I’m hearing that playing a game 30 minutes from campus with no fans is super TUFF.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188

HuskyJW said:

ntxduck said:

Link?
    hardcorehusky.com

Yes Jared
  • Options

HuskyJW said:

ntxduck said:

Link?
    hardcorehusky.com

I’m hearing that playing a game 30 minutes from campus with no fans is super TUFF.
    No, I’m curious. Are the defending Pac12 North World Champions playing road games next year?
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

HuskyJW said:

ntxduck said:

Link?
    hardcorehusky.com

No, I’m curious. Are the defending Pac12 North World Champions playing road games next year?
    Road games don’t matter without fans hth
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited February 2021

Oregon don't fuck around

I wonder how Oregon’s treatment of Shucks will affect the QB room. Feelings could be hurt.

@BroadcastingDawg -doog true??
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DJDuck said:

dnc said:

Can we get a buddy check on @DJDuck?

Don’t know what you’re talking about. I am surprised but not shocked. Shough played well at times but was inconsistent. There was going to be plenty of competition with the talent we will have at QB. I wish him well. I’m sure, like former Duck QB Terry Wilson, he will have success somewhere.

Breaking down the five best QB classes in 2021

https://n.rivals.com/news/breaking-down-the-five-best-qb-classes-in-2021

TLDR: We don't have a quarterback and I have to quook myself into thinking there's a more than likely chance a young guy emerges to where Moorehead can let him cook.
  • Options
    haie said:

DJDuck said:

dnc said:

Don’t know what you’re talking about. I am surprised but not shocked. Shough played well at times but was inconsistent. There was going to be plenty of competition with the talent we will have at QB. I wish him well. I’m sure, like former Duck QB Terry Wilson, he will have success somewhere.

TLDR: We don't have a quarterback and I have to quook myself into thinking there's a more than likely chance a young guy emerges to where Moorehead can let him cook.
    Who is UDub’s QB?

Is the short chubby guy back for another year with his awesome 4-3 TD to INT ratio? Or is he getting benched for a good QB?
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited February 2021

I don’t even think Brown showed up until after Spring ball.

He obviously outplayed Shough in games.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

DJDuck said:

dnc said:

Who is UDub’s QB?

Is the short chubby guy back for another year with his awesome 4-3 TD to INT ratio? Or is he getting benched for a good QB?
    Imagine watching UW this year and thinking the quarterback sucked.

Oh wait, you didn't watch our games. You just cried that we never had to leave our empty stadium to go play in someone else's empty stadium.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

They ran him out for specific packages/plays designed for a bigger qb that can't throw.

We'll see what kind of shit stew this guy cooks up when he has to implement the whole playbook.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    haie said:

They ran him out for specific packages/plays designed for a bigger qb that can't throw.

We'll see what kind of shit stew this guy cooks up when he has to implement the whole playbook.
    Can you do worse than Shough?
  • Options
    edited February 2021

haie said:

Can you do worse than Shough?
    Stubby Dylan Morris with his elite 136 QB rating.

Shough was 160 and had more than 3x the TD passes yet isn’t good enough for Oregon, as Duck fans agree.

Doogs didn’t beat a team with a winning record running that fat midget onto the field.