Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Vorel to Jen Cohen: "Is UW men’s basketball coach Mike Hopkins’ job in jeopardy?"

1235»

Comments

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

“Absolutely not. I believe in Mike. I’m supportive of Mike. I’m excited to be his partner and figure out how we’re going to reevaluate things after this year. We’re looking to still move forward with the basketball (facility) project. Sometimes these things are cyclical. Sometimes they’re really frustrating. There’s nobody that’s more upset with losing and where this program is right now than Mike Hopkins and me. So I’m confident that we’re going to come up with a plan at the end of the year and we’re going to get headed back in the right direction.”

Unpopular opinion. And I'm ready for the fuck offs or whatever they are. But I really like Hop.

Lets be clear. They stunk. Clear lack of belief, production and cohesiveness on the court. It's Hop's job to raise mentality of these guys and it's clear they lacked a lot in this department.

That said, it was pretty much all these players first time playing together on a court. Must be tough to jump straight into your first games of the season against Colorado who seems like they've had the same roster since 2010 and Baylor, who was undefeated until last week, when none of your rotations have played a real basketball game together. The early stretch of games was not what they needed and set the tone for what was a season full of growing pains.

Remember, the teams that featured Crisp, Dickerson, Thybulle, Greene were freaking horrific until their junior and senior years.

I think Tsohonis, Bey, Stevenson, Battle, Bajema, Brooks is a solid little group who could take a big leap forward confidence wise as a unit next season.

They're gonna need to get a transfer big man to come in because Roberts and Sorn can't be it. Jackson Grant should come in a provide immediate offense in the post which is something they desperately missed.

They played much better basketball in the 2nd half of the season... won a few games and lost a couple games close against teams they had no business being competitive with.

They may not challenge for a NCAA tournament, but I expect them to be somewhere middle of the PAC and I think Hop can get this thing back on track.
    One member of your “solid little group” gone. Are we downgrading our projection to bottom half of the PAC now?
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

“Absolutely not. I believe in Mike. I’m supportive of Mike. I’m excited to be his partner and figure out how we’re going to reevaluate things after this year. We’re looking to still move forward with the basketball (facility) project. Sometimes these things are cyclical. Sometimes they’re really frustrating. There’s nobody that’s more upset with losing and where this program is right now than Mike Hopkins and me. So I’m confident that we’re going to come up with a plan at the end of the year and we’re going to get headed back in the right direction.”

Unpopular opinion. And I'm ready for the fuck offs or whatever they are. But I really like Hop.

Lets be clear. They stunk. Clear lack of belief, production and cohesiveness on the court. It's Hop's job to raise mentality of these guys and it's clear they lacked a lot in this department.

That said, it was pretty much all these players first time playing together on a court. Must be tough to jump straight into your first games of the season against Colorado who seems like they've had the same roster since 2010 and Baylor, who was undefeated until last week, when none of your rotations have played a real basketball game together. The early stretch of games was not what they needed and set the tone for what was a season full of growing pains.

Remember, the teams that featured Crisp, Dickerson, Thybulle, Greene were freaking horrific until their junior and senior years.

I think Tsohonis, Bey, Stevenson, Battle, Bajema, Brooks is a solid little group who could take a big leap forward confidence wise as a unit next season.

They're gonna need to get a transfer big man to come in because Roberts and Sorn can't be it. Jackson Grant should come in a provide immediate offense in the post which is something they desperately missed.

They played much better basketball in the 2nd half of the season... won a few games and lost a couple games close against teams they had no business being competitive with.

They may not challenge for a NCAA tournament, but I expect them to be somewhere middle of the PAC and I think Hop can get this thing back on track.
    Two down now. Group starting to look more little than solid.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Shouldn't this discussion be closed?