Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sark wants Kwat

Comments

• Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

Think it’s fair to say the feeling isn’t mutual anymore?
    The way I read that, it wasn't mutual then either.
    Based on what happened today?
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Does this mean Kim was right?

Regrettably
  • Options

Emoterman said:

So Kwiatkowski volunteers to take a demotion in order to keep Jimmy Lake in the family, follows a coach like Petersen around regardless of job offers/head coaching opportunities, is as BFL/OKG as it gets, but he's going to leave for Sark and Texas?

Dafuggouttahere.

If this is a real thing and not just Texas fans once again acting like spoiled children who think they can have whatever they want only to later be proven wrong, then UW's program is truly dead, as this would point to Coach K having zero confidence and seeking a payday before retirement. He's made zero moves in his coaching history to suggest he's a guy who values money over everything or is seeking promotion or prestige. A sudden about face would be a terrible omen of what's going on behind closed doors in the Washington program.

All good points, but maybe he also knows a winning CEO when he sees one vis a vis Pete, and doesn't see it in Jimmy.

Maybe he sees the opportunity to bathe himself in infinite glory resuscitating a moribund giant where they are underachieving and LITERALLY every stop will get pulled to achieve success. His defense with no compromises personnel-wise would be breathtaking.

And the dude also seems to REALLY enjoy recruiting Texas.
    ...He knows a winning CEO when he sees one, so he's off to work for Steve Sarkisian? You ever see the move "Scanners"?...

All of those Texas advantages were things I considered, but it doesn't explain wanting to be anywhere near a program led by Sark. The last time Kwiatkowski was near a program led by Sark, he was beating that ass into a tarmac firing, and Sark was on the other sideline with his bloodshot eyeball nearly popping out of his head, throwing tantrums at players and losing his shit.

I do know this: Every time Texas has had a coaching opening, their forums are pretty damned sure that Bill Belichick, Nick Saban, Jesus Christ, and Mike Ditka are all on their knees begging for the job. They're clearly a program that's so used to being a major power and having their way that they've forgotten that their team hasn't done shit since 2005 and just hired Sark as head coach. Nothing's impossible, but I'll believe this one when a name that I recognize and from outside the state of Texas is reporting it.

• Options
    Find myself wondering if the 'Horns have called up Shayne Kelley to see if he's available to be Sark's new best friend and shaman.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tosh Lupoi is tanned, rested, and ready to be fired by the Falcons
  • Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Some Texas fans actually want Nansen. I'd be surprised if the Texas AD is dumb enough to let that guy around Sark again.
  • Options
    coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,203
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Does this mean we have a chance to beat Stanford next year?
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Gladstone said:

Ahhh I give up. Shoutout to the guffawing Oregon fans who will be all that's left in a few years when the AD is dead and gone. I won't stick around for that or waste my time with this shit again.

FREE PUB!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,203
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    animate said:

we'll give up more than 35 points next year
    we'll give up more big plays
    we'll tackle shittier
    we'll have less interceptions and pbu's

... but we'll beat furd!
    Seems par the course for our AD
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,066
    Founders Club

• Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    Does this mean Jimmy gonna hire Assistant to the Assistant Defensive Backs Coach?
  • Options
    nycgobearsnycgobears Member Posts: 153

This would suck for me.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,112
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

This would suck for me.
    We had him first, guy!
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

From the Texas 247 mod...

According to a source, there was apparently some friction between Lake and Kwiatkowski in terms of Lake's involvement in running the defense in 2020. So even though Kwiatkowski, who earned $1.1 million as defensive coordinator last season, is a lifetime native of the Pacific Northwest, he might be open to a change of scenery in Texas, the source said.

If true, Lake will be a disaster here. Running off a top 5 DC in the country? His ego will blow everything up.

We should've listened to @Tequilla when we had the chance
    A world could exist!