Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sark wants Kwat

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tosh and Gerald Alexander being thrown out there by our fans? Fuck those options. Go get someone who looks at our current personnel and knows how to run his own scheme, get our guys caught up on it quickly, and can go fuck in year 1 game 1. And has a track record of doing so.

We aren't the only school that ran a successful defense in the last 7 years and still has the pieces in place. There are DC's to be poached.

Leave the coffee cups and all that shit to other positions coaches and assistants.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    haie said:

Tosh and Gerald Alexander being thrown out there by our fans? Fuck those options. Go get someone who looks at our current personnel and knows how to run his own scheme, get our guys caught up on it quickly, and can go fuck in year 1 game 1. And has a track record of doing so.

We aren't the only school that ran a successful defense in the last 7 years and still has the pieces in place. There are DC's to be poached.

Leave the coffee cups and all that shit to other positions coaches and assistants.

We’re running Jimmy’s scheme ... end of discussion
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

I fully expect to get shit on here for my first post (baptism by feces) but I'm not here to troll. I promise. Full disclosure: Longhorn fan here. I come from surlyhorns. Those of us from surly who have ventured over here have great admiration and respect for your board. You seem like the same kind of self-loathing, asshole, reprobates that we are. You also seem to hold your $9.95 idiots in the same contempt that we do. I have zero idea who Kim is, but fuck him (her?), presumably. I started lurking after we hired Sark and then came back for intel on Kwat. Sorry (not sorry) for poaching your DC.

That said, I do take issue with your characterization of Texas football. First, with regard to Texas not being relevant since 2005... technically, it's been since 2010 when our fuckhead offensive coordinator decided it would be a good idea to run a speed option with Colt McCoy right into Marcel Darius in the national championship game. Nothing has gone right since then, seemingly. Eleven fucking years. Jesus. Secondly, I don't know where you get the idea the we are under the delusion that we can money whip any coach into coming to Texas. It's not like we have an 870 page thread on Urban Meyer on our board -- that's not a typo, there is a thread with 43,000 posts about it even if 42,000 of them are off topic.

In any event, I've always liked the Huskies. We have a lot in common -- both located in great cities, a backwards ass second rate in-state rival, a border war with a bunch of academically challenged cheating bastards that we've historically had the advantage on despite being owned (badly) recently, a long history of results not matching expectations, and a conference that is circling the drain.

I'm sure you guys will get the last laugh on us when Sark shows up to the OU game with Don Julio in his Gatorade bottle, but so far (what has it been, a week?) he's hitting all the right notes. I'm going back to lurking but much love for you guys. You should go get Tosh. We've been jerking it to thought of him being in Austin and dropping bags off for Texas recruits for years now.

While I respect your Nebraska classy post ...

Fuck the tea sippers and I’ll continue to swing my 4 inch TCU dick around each fall when they beat Texas yet again
    @Mitch_Cumsteen don't mind this guy he knows deep down that TCU is a fucking joke in every way. He sounds scared of Sark right now, to be perfectly honest.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

haie said:

We’re running Jimmy’s scheme ... end of discussion
    It's been Pete and K's scheme ever since Eastern came in and put up 40 or whatever it was on us. All in the fucking air too.

You doogs need to go look at every year K has been here. It's not all 2016 and Sark's guys shoring up holes in our defense. It's not all just looking at yards/points efficiency in a vacuum and not taking into account ToP, third down stops, etc.
  • Options
    Think it’s fair to say the feeling isn’t mutual anymore?
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

@Mitch_Cumsteen but before you go what are your thoughts on the 2010 conference reorganization that didn't happen

As in Texas and OU and the maybe 4 more joining the Pac 10 in a super conference?

I maintain that failing has led to the demise of west coast football

It hasn't worked out too well for us either but I blame that more on bad coaching hires than conference affiliation. Pardon my hubris, but if Texas is taking care of business like it should be, then I don't think the conference matters that much. I do think the travel and time zone differences would have been too much for the non-revenue sports but I was all for it. I mean, trading road trips to Manhattan (KS), Stillwater and Waco for the Bay Area, LA and Seattle? Are you fucking kidding me?

There are obviously other issues (TV deals, time zones, 4 team playoff, etc.) but I think a lot of the Pac's problem is USC sucking. I'm sure you guys don't want to hear it, but a strong USC is good for the conference the same way that a strong Texas and Oklahoma are good for the Big 12.
    And I would’ve loved another excuse to take a road trip to Austin.

You hit the nail on the head RE: the traditional power schools being weak dragging down the conference. (Though I’ll admit I squealed with glee that USC got hit with sanctions at the time.) I’d actually love it if UCLA got their act together in basketball.

I’m sure our? resident Quooks would argue that the torch has been passed to them. I’m not so sure, but the perception is strong (especially among younger fans) that’s the case.

But yeah, losing our DC to you guysm is another example of how UW is not elite.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Think it’s fair to say the feeling isn’t mutual anymore?
    The way I read that, it wasn't mutual then either.
    I’m 100% with you on that ... the seeds were laid before that interview
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,022
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

I fully expect to get shit on here for my first post (baptism by feces) but I'm not here to troll. I promise. Full disclosure: Longhorn fan here. I come from surlyhorns. Those of us from surly who have ventured over here have great admiration and respect for your board. You seem like the same kind of self-loathing, asshole, reprobates that we are. You also seem to hold your $9.95 idiots in the same contempt that we do. I have zero idea who Kim is, but fuck him (her?), presumably. I started lurking after we hired Sark and then came back for intel on Kwat. Sorry (not sorry) for poaching your DC.

That said, I do take issue with your characterization of Texas football. First, with regard to Texas not being relevant since 2005... technically, it's been since 2010 when our fuckhead offensive coordinator decided it would be a good idea to run a speed option with Colt McCoy right into Marcel Darius in the national championship game. Nothing has gone right since then, seemingly. Eleven fucking years. Jesus. Secondly, I don't know where you get the idea the we are under the delusion that we can money whip any coach into coming to Texas. It's not like we have an 870 page thread on Urban Meyer on our board -- that's not a typo, there is a thread with 43,000 posts about it even if 42,000 of them are off topic.

In any event, I've always liked the Huskies. We have a lot in common -- both located in great cities, a backwards ass second rate in-state rival, a border war with a bunch of academically challenged cheating bastards that we've historically had the advantage on despite being owned (badly) recently, a long history of results not matching expectations, and a conference that is circling the drain.

I'm sure you guys will get the last laugh on us when Sark shows up to the OU game with Don Julio in his Gatorade bottle, but so far (what has it been, a week?) he's hitting all the right notes. I'm going back to lurking but much love for you guys. You should go get Tosh. We've been jerking it to thought of him being in Austin and dropping bags off for Texas recruits for years now.

imagine thinking cuog is 'second rate.'

imagine thinking a coach randomly hitting up guys on twitter to 'go have beers' to be 'second rate.'

Hey Derek! Close the fucking gates!
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edit: double post