Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sark wants Kwat

Comments

• Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2021
    If you are relying on your young, zero coaching tree, limited connections, first time head coach to fire 80% of his staff and effectively replace them in his first two years you are going to have a really bad time.

Kwat knew Petersen would always throw himself on the grenade first for his staff. Lake? not so much.

Might as well catch the coffee cup now rather than be loyal to a guy that might shank you to save his own career.

Lake will be forced to call in some reject obscure guy no one wants to replace him.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Emoterman said:

If this is true, that the deal isn't done, Jen better be out on his porch with both cake and pie and her big sloppies on full display on a trampoline while Jimmy convinces him he really IS passionate about rock climbing, bass fishing and Jesus.
    chinned for "sloppies" and "trampoline" in the same sentence.

This is what makes HH great.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Do savvy next.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,404
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @Mitch_Cumsteen but before you go what are your thoughts on the 2010 conference reorganization that didn't happen

As in Texas and OU and the maybe 4 more joining the Pac 10 in a super conference?

I maintain that failing has led to the demise of west coast football
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Even the Kick Ass Pressers are bigger in Texas
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,576
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I think this is a good thing ~ Kwat is now in a position of leverage to create the opportunity to directly and indirectly force required changes within the personnel and management strategy for the football program.

This is a change point ~ thinking rationally, this is a failure at the AD and President level. If i'm running the business, as a business strategist, I proactively protect my key assets by paying the big program rates plus a little so that my guys aren't an obvious target. Kwat at this current rate is an obviously underpaid DC with a national reputation, so DUH, he is going to be a target. Breathlessly speaking the obvious, waiting until someone else comes along and offers to pay your key people double is a rookie bullshit professional indictment of the existing management at UW.

At this point, the AD starts thinking about protecting and building franchise value by resigning Kwat at 2+ million, makes sure that he is acknowledged to be in charge of the defense, up the budget for defensive coaches by 500m to a million, and let Kwat either bring his own guys in, or at the very least have approval of a high end DB coach and a new linebacker coach if that is what he wants.

Either that or there is no point, you are simply playing lip service to your bellwether cash producing athletics and mailing it in like Cal Berkeley because the Board likes to think of themselves as a research university, and because I'm an idiot that doesn't understand the economics of franchise value cash flow producing assets.

If I'm on the Board of Regents, at this point, I would be jumping in to insure that the pace of discovery of these events definitively produces a turnaround in thinking which is addressed via enlightened actions, or i would be firing the AD / and or the President [or both] for demonstrating limited thought process business experience and acumen.

As i type this i think to myself ~ no chance, these guys are rookies with a hopeless level of ineptitude ~ they are dumb enough to have not see this coming and solve it proactively as soon as Pedersen announced his retirement, there is no reason to expect an aaaw haaa moment to occur.

I apologise for the long ass address ~ I'm pissed, and this is cheaper than paying for grief therapy.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

I fully expect to get shit on here for my first post (baptism by feces) but I'm not here to troll. I promise. Full disclosure: Longhorn fan here. I come from surlyhorns. Those of us from surly who have ventured over here have great admiration and respect for your board. You seem like the same kind of self-loathing, asshole, reprobates that we are. You also seem to hold your $9.95 idiots in the same contempt that we do. I have zero idea who Kim is, but fuck him (her?), presumably. I started lurking after we hired Sark and then came back for intel on Kwat. Sorry (not sorry) for poaching your DC.

That said, I do take issue with your characterization of Texas football. First, with regard to Texas not being relevant since 2005... technically, it's been since 2010 when our fuckhead offensive coordinator decided it would be a good idea to run a speed option with Colt McCoy right into Marcel Darius in the national championship game. Nothing has gone right since then, seemingly. Eleven fucking years. Jesus. Secondly, I don't know where you get the idea the we are under the delusion that we can money whip any coach into coming to Texas. It's not like we have an 870 page thread on Urban Meyer on our board -- that's not a typo, there is a thread with 43,000 posts about it even if 42,000 of them are off topic.

In any event, I've always liked the Huskies. We have a lot in common -- both located in great cities, a backwards ass second rate in-state rival, a border war with a bunch of academically challenged cheating bastards that we've historically had the advantage on despite being owned (badly) recently, a long history of results not matching expectations, and a conference that is circling the drain.

I'm sure you guys will get the last laugh on us when Sark shows up to the OU game with Don Julio in his Gatorade bottle, but so far (what has it been, a week?) he's hitting all the right notes. I'm going back to lurking but much love for you guys. You should go get Tosh. We've been jerking it to thought of him being in Austin and dropping bags off for Texas recruits for years now.

While I respect your Nebraska classy post ...

Fuck the tea sippers and I’ll continue to swing my 4 inch TCU dick around each fall when they beat Texas yet again