Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

SUPER BOWL: Same Sex Marriage During Half-time Show

Comments

• TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

You celebrate equality? Half your posts are about taking someone's liberty away. That's not equality at all. It's tyranny.

It's not possible to have liberty without inequality for that is the definition of a republic, especially the American brand of republic. Of course, it's naïve to celebrate equality in such a society as that which we enjoy where equality can never exist. But it's downright ignorant to imply that liberty in a republic can exist or survive without tyranny. We are republicans, not communists.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club

Dardanus said:

I don't want to see a marriage at halftime (gay or straight), but I'm sure the pedestal business will die down when it becomes old news. The reason it's being put on a pedestal right now is because it's new.

There wouldn't be an issue if people didn't want to see a marriage at half time. But because it's a gay marriage people are suddenly pissed off. So fuck those people.
    Look at the fucking mind reader
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Can't they just make gay marriage legal and give this shit a rest? I don't want to see anyone get married during the Super Bowl. And gay people should stop getting praised for being gay. Jason Collins was a joke. Hurray, a guy who averaged 1 point per game is gay! What courage he had to milk it for at least hudreds of thousands of dollars when he knew his career was most likely over.

This. Everyone is reaching for gays to be "equal" yet all they want to do is put them on a pedestal. Sure there are fags/religous nuts out there who are still going to be ignorant when it comes to someones sexual preference, but it isn't nearly a bad as the media makes out this bullshit to be.
    Sorry, in what way is giving them equal rights "putting them on a pedestal"?
    How is having a wedding during half time of the Super Bowl not doing this? Are you really this naive?

BTW is it you and CollegeDoog who are marrying each other during halftime?
    Why does it bother you? Gays are still denied equal rights in half of our states.

Celebrate equality. I thought that's what Americans do?
    Its a football game faggot
    Then why is there a 30 minute concert at half time?

It's an event.

It's why I paid through the nose for a ticket. (Yes I hate money)
    You paid for your own SuperBowl ticket?

• Reduced price. I work summer jobs though, you know.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Tailgater said:

You celebrate equality? Half your posts are about taking someone's liberty away. That's not equality at all. It's tyranny.

It's not possible to have liberty without inequality for that is the definition of a republic, especially the American brand of republic. Of course, it's naïve to celebrate equality in such a society as that which we enjoy where equality can never exist. But it's downright ignorant to imply that liberty in a republic can exist or survive without tyranny. We are republicans, not communists.

I don't think you know what liberty means. Or equality.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,564 Swaye's Wigwam
    Jesus-fucking-christ.

No one cares what you do in your own bedroom.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499

Dardanus said:

I don't want to see a marriage at halftime (gay or straight), but I'm sure the pedestal business will die down when it becomes old news. The reason it's being put on a pedestal right now is because it's new.

There wouldn't be an issue if people didn't want to see a marriage at half time. But because it's a gay marriage people are suddenly pissed off. So fuck those people.
    Seattle.Liberal.White.Guilt.

El Oh El.
  • Reduced price. I work summer jobs though, you know.

So did I. I even worked a part time job most of my way through college. And like you, I was spoiled and didn't pay my own tuition. I never had a couple thousand at the end of January to blow though. Must be a pretty nice job.

$20 an hour. For all the shit people give Seattle for liberalism the economy is doing really fucking good.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,018 Founders Club

By the way...you guys know this isn't really happening, right?

Yeah....but still

• Dardanus said:

Most people don't want to see a marriage during any sporting event. I don't really give a fuck about the halftime show. I doubt many except for the Duck Dynasty crew and religious whackos will actually be offended by it. I just don't see why it needs to be included and celebrated. I don't want to read a page of Peter King's MMQB that is devoted to some gay player having the courage to get married, just like I don't give a fuck about any straight player's traditional marriage. At least the Macklemore song is about gay marriage, so it made a little sense to have people getting married during his performance of that song. The Super Bowl has absolutely nothing to do with this issue.

If you want to watch weddings (gay or straight) there are tons of shows on TLC, E!, Home and Garden. There is probably even a wedding channel that shows nothing but weddings. That's where weddings belong, not at the SuperBowl. Not everyone who thinks a gay marriage at halftime is fucking stupid is a bigot. You paint with a broad brush and for an academically smart guy, you can be incredibly vapid. CollegeDoog, every thread, major pressing.

People are making it an issue because it's a gay marriage. That was the OP's point. If you really care that much then fuck man I don't know what to say. It's not even actually happening. Look at the stir it created.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

You don't think? I know you have little clue about the meaning of liberty and equality as used or applied together in defining human rights in our World. Liberty and equality are the two most misused words in our American republic's language and most of that comes from the ignorance of even thinking that the USA is somehow a democracy, which it was never intended to be at birth and still isn't 230+ years later. All the liberal or progressive thinking or attitudes modern Americans can muster will never change that.

Don't misread my meaning. America is a great place to live for most of us and I believe it obviously is the greatest country ever devised in the history of the planet, but it is not what you and many others make it out to be with your righteous propaganda. In human or social terms, America is by far the most diversified nation to ever exist and that by design makes our country unique in it's constant pursuit of inequality. So unique that it can only be defended by such ancient words as liberty and tyranny..... which as misused in our time are often applied together to define us.
  • death2ducksdeath2ducks Member Posts: 991

Can't they just make gay marriage legal and give this shit a rest? I don't want to see anyone get married during the Super Bowl. And gay people should stop getting praised for being gay. Jason Collins was a joke. Hurray, a guy who averaged 1 point per game is gay! What courage he had to milk it for at least hudreds of thousands of dollars when he knew his career was most likely over.

This. Everyone is reaching for gays to be "equal" yet all they want to do is put them on a pedestal. Sure there are fags/religous nuts out there who are still going to be ignorant when it comes to someones sexual preference, but it isn't nearly a bad as the media makes out this bullshit to be.
    Sorry, in what way is giving them equal rights "putting them on a pedestal"?
    How is having a wedding during half time of the Super Bowl not doing this? Are you really this naive?

BTW is it you and CollegeDoog who are marrying each other during halftime?
    Why does it bother you? Gays are still denied equal rights in half of our states.

Celebrate equality. I thought that's what Americans do?
    Its a faggot football game faggot
    fixed
    Tailgater said:

You don't think? I know you have little clue about the meaning of liberty and equality as used or applied together in defining human rights in our World. Liberty and equality are the two most misused words in our American republic's language and most of that comes from the ignorance of even thinking that the USA is somehow a democracy, which it was never intended to be at birth and still isn't 230+ years later. All the liberal or progressive thinking or attitudes modern Americans can muster will never change that.

Don't misread my meaning. America is a great place to live for most of us and I believe it obviously is the greatest country ever devised in the history of the planet, but it is not what you and many others make it out to be with your righteous propaganda. In human or social terms, America is by far the most diversified nation to ever exist and that by design makes our country unique in it's constant pursuit of inequality. So unique that it can only be defended by such ancient words as liberty and tyranny..... which as misused in our time are often applied together to define us.
    It has nothing to do with the government.. or the founding of the republic. A democracy would be worse. Tyranny of the majority on the individual.

You seem to think equality of outcomes is equality and with liberty there can be no equality (of outcomes)... That;s why i don't think you know what liberty or equality means.

You seem to see it all through the prism of a the founding or the United States. It goes far beyond that.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    What's the over/under on a group of US fucktards that are going to try to marry 2 gays in front of Vladimir Putin?

What's the over/under on a group of US fucktards that are going to try to marry 2 gays in front of Vladimir Putin?

• oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Tailgater said:

Don't misread my meaning. America Switzerland is a great place to live and I believe it obviously is the greatest country ever devised in the history of the planet.
    FIFY
  • 79smoothdawg79smoothdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 714 Swaye's Wigwam
    Fuck this thread. You're all gay.