Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oh my goodness Texas just hired Sark (not sarcasm)

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,249
    Founders Club
    They conveniently fail to mention how Chris Petersen had him on the ropes.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    doogie said:

Mike Price never lost a game while Coach @Alabama

• Options

The disrespect for Mike Price is unreal
    Undefeated coach from the land of undefeated fans.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I just don't see what Sark brings that Herman doesn't. Texas has a culture problem that's chewed up two coaches now. Sark was a terrible program manager.

I've never seen someone benefit from NOT or NO LONGER being a total drunk than Sark.

It's like because he was so drunk at UW and USC he gets opportunities other people wouldn't. Mystifying.

The boosters are crazy at Texas. I don’t think he will be a huge upgrade over Herman either, but he is doing very well at Bama. I think he’s a very, very good OC. Yeah, it’s Bama but after his success he will get the very best skill guys.

I don’t see how he makes Texas the physical force every team needs to be. I’m with most here, it very likely won’t end well, but I am excited to watch.

I never thought Chip Kelly would ever be as bad as he became. Harbaugh is a joke at Michigan at this point. Things do change in CFB. I would hire Sark over either guy right now which seems unfathomable from when they were all in the PAC 12.

I knew for certain Sark couldn’t hack it at USC. I’m a lot more on the fence about him at Texas but the pressure is going to be high, they haven’t been all that great for awhile, and they will expect him to compete for natties right away.
    Yeah things change but only in one direction.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2021
    Texas, despite all the money isn’t a blue blood Football school anymore. They haven’t won a conference Championship in 12 years. And have won 3 in the 25 years that the Big 12 has existed. One more than Baylor and Kansas State.

I know Doogs will downvote this to death. Because it’s Doog nature to hold the once mighty in high regard for decades after their fall.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Kaepsknee said:

Texas, despite all the money isn’t a blue blood Football school anymore. They haven’t won a conference Championship in 12 years. And have won 3 in the 25 years that the Big 12 has existed. One more than Baylor and Kansas State.

I know Doogs will downvote this to death. Because it’s Doog nature to hold the once mighty in high regard for decades after their fall.

I'm not sure I would say "decades" after the fall. They have had a rough decade for sure, by their standards, but they won a BCS NC 15 years ago and played in another one 10 years ago. Hell they won a Sugar Bowl a couple years ago. So yeah, they have had a rough decade, but just like USC they are only one good Coach away from dominance again - same as Bama, USC, etc.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2021
    Swaye said:

Kaepsknee said:

I'm not sure I would say "decades" after the fall. They have had a rough decade for sure, by their standards, but they won a BCS NC 15 years ago and played in another one 10 years ago. Hell they won a Sugar Bowl a couple years ago. So yeah, they have had a rough decade, but just like USC they are only one good Coach away from dominance again - same as Bama, USC, etc.

Disagree about USC. The real Blue bloods have sunk their hooks into LA area High Schools and Clay Helton will be there coach for the foreseeable future as they don’t give af about Football anymore. And a 2022 recruit doesn’t remember any big Success at USC.

Most outside of Texas football with half of a brain know that they are Wisconsin and Michigan. And clearly the AD and boosters haven’t a clue as to what they are doing. Sober Sark will get you 8-10 wins per year at Texas. The same as Herman did. But there’s no way they supplant Oklahoma as a perennial champ.

So in 3 years, they’ll be hiring the Indiana coach and will see the same results.

• Options
    digits said:
    PrayingDwagAndKid.jpg
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Was Mark Helfrich not available?
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I hope for Sark’s sake that he’s solved all his demons because going to Texas/Austin will be a pressure cooker the likes he’s never seen before

By “demons” do you mean coaching practices and a game while drunk off his ass?

Call it what it is.

Do I need to bump all your fucktarded takes from Sark’s lawsuit against USC?
    Go ahead and pull all of them ... don’t think I said much about it other than it’s a really delicate legal proceeding

Clearly Sark had an alcohol problem and allegedly infidelity and payoff challenges from that infidelity

Sark’s clearly a talented guy who has a lot of personal challenges that have got in the way

I’m well past the point of finding joy in Sark’s failings
    https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/26280/easily-the-biggest-achievement-of-the-season/p1

"I'd expect that the SC lawyers will play a bit of hard ball to make Sark and his team sweat a bit and see if they can get them to accept a lower settlement but behind closed doors they know that they'll lose badly if they go to trial on this.

I expect that Sark will probably settle for somewhere around $15M and be hired on as a studio analyst on the PAC Network next year"

Outcome? $0.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye is right, if you think Texas and SC arent one real coach away from pushing people’s shit in you are dead wrong
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Also nobody gives a fuck about TAMU lmao. This is coming from somebody who grew up at Kyle Field on crisp fall days with my dads.