Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oh my goodness Texas just hired Sark (not sarcasm)

Comments

• Options
    ramenduckramenduck Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Has there ever been a a coach who dines out on the backs of elite coaches like this guy? This excites exactly no one. Except maybe Austin area liquor stores.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I hope for Sark’s sake that he’s solved all his demons because going to Texas/Austin will be a pressure cooker the likes he’s never seen before
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Dawgman's reaction to this is quite different than here.
    Lots of "so happy for this former Husky great who turned our program around. Texas just became my 2nd favorite team" sentiment

Let's also not forget that he valiantly fought through and survived a life threatening disease he acquired through no fault of his own.

Anyone going against that sentiment will be banned and eventually end up over here
    Need a laugh go look at their Basketball Board. There are exactly two guys who don't (or won't say) think Hopkins should be gone and everyone knows who they are.

In fact they have taken to telling guys who have posted books of data to support the need to make the change to kill it as they've made their point (aka we have no defense to refute the obvious but to say stop saying it)

• Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2021
    Tequilla said:

I hope for Sark’s sake that he’s solved all his demons because going to Texas/Austin will be a pressure cooker the likes he’s never seen before

He will also be watched a lot more and not allowed to run around banging coeds and dropping a couple grand in a bar on the university credit card without going relatively unnoticed like he could at UW or in LA.

If I'm a UT fan Im a lot more worried about his shitty coaching/organizational ability than I am about his coke and alcohol habits from a few years ago.

Then again, the wife finally found out about it all in 2016 and left him so maybe Sark goes full Joey Freshwater and we are all entertained again.
  • Options
    DodgyBlokeDodgyBloke Member Posts: 957
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Hopefully he brings in long time buddy Nick Holt
  • Options
    godawgst said:

Dawgman's reaction to this is quite different than here.
    Lots of "so happy for this former Husky great who turned our program around. Texas just became my 2nd favorite team" sentiment

Let's also not forget that he valiantly fought through and survived a life threatening disease he acquired through no fault of his own.

Anyone going against that sentiment will be banned and eventually end up over here
    Need a laugh go look at their Basketball Board. There are exactly two guys who don't (or won't say) think Hopkins should be gone and everyone knows who they are.

In fact they have taken to telling guys who have posted books of data to support the need to make the change to kill it as they've made their point (aka we have no defense to refute the obvious but to say stop saying it)

That’s right out of the Sark 2012/2013 playbook
  • Options

Tequilla said:

By “demons” do you mean coaching practices and a game while drunk off his ass?

Call it what it is.

Do I need to bump all your fucktarded takes from Sark’s lawsuit against USC?
    Go ahead and pull all of them ... don’t think I said much about it other than it’s a really delicate legal proceeding

Clearly Sark had an alcohol problem and allegedly infidelity and payoff challenges from that infidelity

Sark’s clearly a talented guy who has a lot of personal challenges that have got in the way

I’m well past the point of finding joy in Sark’s failings
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Sark isn't beating Oklahoma lol
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,031
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    The only thing that can ever fix Texas is more winning. The politicians, million-dollar boosters and regents who take everything they read on message boards as gospel aren’t going away.

im not sure sark is ready for that type of environment. kiffin sure as shit isnt/wasnt and he had to do time/show he could run a program at a non-p5 before getting back to the p5.

sark just got his drivers licenses and handed the keys to a ferrari, again.

i fucking hated those types of kids.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,249
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    We'll see if Sark colludes with the AD to start lining up OOC cupcakes again
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,031
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

We'll see if Sark colludes with the AD to start lining up OOC cupcakes again

they open against a TUFF louisiana ragin cajun team.

then take on AN SEC TEAM in arky who just finished 3-7.

and then face an ANGRE rice owls team.

i think the cupcakes are about ready to come out of the oven.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

If he's truly sober and didn't fall off the wagon he will be the best coach they've had since Mack Brown. I don't think that's saying much, though.

At least Mack brown had the decency to ride a generational qb to a natty unlike most of the morons that are coaching