Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2021]

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Without Hampton our Db group seems small. Hopefully Kam Fab and Bookie can hit at 190lbs
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,643
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

So Bralen Trice is going to be better than Tryon, but is behind McDonald and equal to Martin. That was clearly bullshit.

Interesting safety combination. Hopefully an indication that they'll be playing closer to LOS since they're going for speed and coverage ability, but I doubt it. Was really hoping to see Hampton play in the box like McIntosh, but of course that was never going to happen.

Speculating, but I think McDonald, Martin, and Trice rotate quite a bit to see how it shakes out on the field.

My shit takes; Ale being a backup is not surprising. Newton and Davis at RB is a good combo to share the bulk of the carries, IMO. I think the DB spots are going to mix and match the first few weeks of the season.
    Yeah I'm sure there's a reason behind every detail of the depth chart. It doesn't mean we'll see those exact lineups on the field much, if at all.

Hampton is an example. I bet he ends up on the field for more than half the snaps within a few games. I also bet that Trice and Martin combined get more snaps at OLB than McDonald.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

So Bralen Trice is going to be better than Tryon, but is behind McDonald and equal to Martin. That was clearly bullshit.

Interesting safety combination. Hopefully an indication that they'll be playing closer to LOS since they're going for speed and coverage ability, but I doubt it. Was really hoping to see Hampton play in the box like McIntosh, but of course that was never going to happen.

Speculating, but I think McDonald, Martin, and Trice rotate quite a bit to see how it shakes out on the field.

My shit takes; Ale being a backup is not surprising. Newton and Davis at RB is a good combo to share the bulk of the carries, IMO. I think the DB spots are going to mix and match the first few weeks of the season.
    Yeah I'm sure there's a reason behind every detail of the depth chart. It doesn't mean we'll see those exact lineups on the field much, if at all.

Hampton is an example. I bet he ends up on the field for more than half the snaps within a few games. I also bet that Trice and Martin combined get more snaps at OLB than McDonald.
    I can see us running dime on a lot of 3rd downs, where Hampton will come in and Sirmon will go out.

Kind of funny that Gordon and McDuffie are our 2 biggest DBs and they're the corners.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,982
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Mcdonald, Martin, Smalls, and trice are all better then Tryon too.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2021

Maybe McDonald is even more amazing that tryon…….lol. Tryon looked fucking amazing in preseason
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Tryon had potential but was overall nothing special.

Arians looks to be getting him to play to his potential.

Unless Cal and Oregon and Utahs 2019 offensive line was NFL calber.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Had he played last year, I think he goes too 10.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    If Cam Fam is 75% as good a tackler as Rapp ill be happy
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,996
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2021

I really like that Jimmy is replacing starters from last year. Having guys like Ale, Pleasant, Asa not just automatically be given their starting spots back is a good sign.

The big question is, which "starter" on the depth chart will we hate first and say "what the hell were the coaches thinking starting ______________?"

My worry is they geek out over a couple good practices and put worse players in starting roles based off a few good plays in practice.

It’s hard to find the right balance. The gamer myth Pete hated is mostly true. Most good football players are always good. That said, football can be a drain and guys aren’t always super motivated to have great practices every single time.

I hope this is a case of Kam Fab and Irvin simply being better, but the depth chart at safety has been changing three straight seasons. It would be nice to find some stalwarts that start for a few years.
    Good news is they have one preseason game to figure out if the best guys are starting or at least what you can glean from one game.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

He was awesome vs utah and not so vs cal and oregon.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,982
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I really like that Jimmy is replacing starters from last year. Having guys like Ale, Pleasant, Asa not just automatically be given their starting spots back is a good sign.

The big question is, which "starter" on the depth chart will we hate first and say "what the hell were the coaches thinking starting ______________?"

Morris. Just wait to you see Damn Huards passes in pregame warm-ups.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

If Cam Fam is 75% as good a tackler as Rapp ill be happy

You just couldn't resist, could you?