Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2021]

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,600
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Bring back huge shoulder pads, neck rolls, and half shirts with huge hip pads sticking out.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,167
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Glory days

I hear they pass you by
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,600
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Takeaways from scrimmage attendees?

A lot of the key veteran guys sat out so keep that in mind. What I saw:

- Cam Davis really popped out to me on offense.
    - Passing game struggle and Dylan was inaccurate for most of the day.
    - The run game produced a few big runs
    - Ale ran with the one's at left guard all-day
    - WR's struggled to get open
    - The three WR set featured Rome Taj and Polk for the first team (Bynum was sitting out)
    - Sam looked very good with his throws and did a good job moving in the pocket
    - Defense dominated most of the day especially against the pass
    - Mcdonald had a couple of nice pass rush moves against Troy who was filling in for Kirkland
    - Jacob Bandes looked stout against the run when they went to three down lineman
    - Four-man pass rush is still my biggest concern with this defense
    - Jacobe Covington is very impressive and I expect him and Elijah to be the starting corners next year.
    @PostGameOrangeSlices
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

- The three WR set featured Rome Taj and Polk for the first team (Bynum was sitting out)
    - Mcdonald had a couple of nice pass rush moves against Troy who was filling in for Kirkland
    - Jacob Bandes looked stout against the run when they went to three down lineman
    - Jacobe Covington is very impressive and I expect him and Elijah to be the starting corners next year.
    Can you elaborate on issues with 4-man pass rush being biggest concern despite Dylan being inaccurate, WRs struggling to get open, and defense shutting down pass offense?
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

@PostGameOrangeSlices
    Water is wet
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,982
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Can you elaborate on issues with 4-man pass rush being biggest concern despite Dylan being inaccurate, WRs struggling to get open, and defense shutting down pass offense?

• Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited August 2021

The Pass game struggled with DB's locking down the WR's most of the day. When they did get open, Morris was missing his throws. He did have time in the pocket on quite a few throws as the pass rush wasn't getting home. Keep in mind Bowman was sitting out.
  • Options
    Founders Club

The Pass game struggled with DB's locking down the WR's most of the day. When they did get open, Morris was missing his throws. He did have time in the pocket on quite a few throws as the pass rush wasn't getting home. Keep in mind Bowman was sitting out.

So the first time all summer Morris has seemed to be off point. Meh.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,643
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Let me see if I have this straight:

Practice report supports your narrative: beat your chest
    Practice report goes against your narrative: nothing to see here, it’s just practice
    It's good policy to play both sides...be reactionary or lecture about LIPO as the situation dictates.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Let me see if I have this straight:

Practice report supports your narrative: beat your chest
    Practice report goes against your narrative: nothing to see here, it’s just practice
    I trust Vorel a LOT more than Mr 500k crypto donation

Hth
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    So KamFab is starting. Interesting.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Glad Cam Williams is not starting
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,643
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Looks good on paper. I love the depth on the OL, and yes, the DL too. Actually every position but ILB looks solid or good. I doubt there are very many snaps where either the offense or defense looks exactly like the chart but it's still interesting.

Irvin is exciting to me. I had high hopes for a healthy comeback for him. PGOS is gonna end up loving him. I dont feel like spelling their names, but the two slot guys both listed as starters is great too. I like both of them better than Cam Williams or Turner.