Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2021]

Comments

• Options
    louism2washlouism2wash Member Posts: 333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

July 26, 2021
    The Washington football staff has added a new voice this season: Kevin Carroll.

Carroll, a well-known author and speaker, will officially serve as Special Advisor to the Head Coach. But that title doesn't even begin to describe the role he will take with the program.

The author of four successful books, including "What's Your Red Rubber Ball," Carroll has worked with clientele as diverse as the U.S. Marine Corps, State Farm, Microsoft and the NBA, and has presented before more than 200 corporations, 150 non-profits and 350,000 individuals since 2004.

At UW, he will work in collaboration with head football coach Jimmy Lake to advance the team's goals in all aspects: on the field, in the meeting room, in the classroom and in recruiting.

huh
    Can he recruit?
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,129
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

July 26, 2021

Carroll, a well-known author and speaker, will officially serve as Special Advisor to the Head Coach. But that title doesn't even begin to describe the role he will take with the program.

The author of four successful books, including "What's Your Red Rubber Ball," Carroll has worked with clientele as diverse as the U.S. Marine Corps, State Farm, Microsoft and the NBA, and has presented before more than 200 corporations, 150 non-profits and 350,000 individuals since 2004.

At UW, he will work in collaboration with head football coach Jimmy Lake to advance the team's goals in all aspects: on the field, in the meeting room, in the classroom and in recruiting.

huh
    Lake needs his own Dwight Schrute
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

July 26, 2021

huh
    Can he recruit?
    Clearly did a bang up job recruiting Jimmy
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Chip Kelly used to bring in motivational speakers ranging from weirdos to charlatans, and maybe one or two normal ones. I don’t think they did anything positive, but I did enjoy getting an hour off from having to do stuff to listen to them. I think this dude is the disciple of one of them, a former UO football player.

This was under his publicity links, at kc katalyst dot com. Katalyst with a k, not to be confused with the Portland sex club that uses a c, or the thing that speeds up a chemical reaction - also spelled with a c. This guy does have a giant red ball he ships around the world, so I’m curious where on the peloton scale this winds up.

• Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes

July 26, 2021

huh
    A motivational speaker for Jimmy to remind/motivate him to recruit...
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,503
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2021
    Baseman said:

Jack emerged a one of the internet's most-read horror and suspense writers in 2015 when he was hired as a feature writer for Thought Catalog's Creepy Catalog

Jack Follman is a screenwriter and horror/suspense author whose stories have been read, shared, and “Liked” by millions online. He is currently a working screenwriter with multiple Film and TV projects in development. The film, Snorkeling, based on Jack’s short story and script, has been produced by Automatik (Sinister) and Three Six Zero (Vox Lux), and directed by acclaimed music video director Emil Nava, is slated for release in 2019.

In addition, Jack’s debut novelette, Good Night’s Sleep, was released by Thought Catalog Books in 2016.

Earlier in his career, Jack was a professional journalist and PR Manager with his work featured in numerous publications, including The Seattle Times, ESPN.com, Pac-12.com, and Men’s Fitness.
    Many of his story ideas and themes come from his childhood living in the woods of rural Washington state.

Jack and @JimBasnight should cyber.

Baseman said:

Jack emerged a one of the internet's most-read horror and suspense writers in 2015 when he was hired as a feature writer for Thought Catalog's Creepy Catalog

Jack Follman is a screenwriter and horror/suspense author whose stories have been read, shared, and “Liked” by millions online. He is currently a working screenwriter with multiple Film and TV projects in development. The film, Snorkeling, based on Jack’s short story and script, has been produced by Automatik (Sinister) and Three Six Zero (Vox Lux), and directed by acclaimed music video director Emil Nava, is slated for release in 2019.

In addition, Jack’s debut novelette, Good Night’s Sleep, was released by Thought Catalog Books in 2016.

Earlier in his career, Jack was a professional journalist and PR Manager with his work featured in numerous publications, including The Seattle Times, ESPN.com, Pac-12.com, and Men’s Fitness.
    Many of his story ideas and themes come from his childhood living in the woods of rural Washington state.

Jack and @JimBasnight should cyber.

This dude refers to all sports as “sports ball.”

Firecohen could right better more accurate shit.
    If any of you would have been at the July 23rd meet up you would have been more dead than a 400-pound, chain-smoking, unvaccinated 98-year-old with Delta variant.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

July 26, 2021

huh
    A motivational speaker for Jimmy to remind/motivate him to recruit...
    Jimmy just got his very own Denpok.

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

“How do we prevent people from leaving the stadium at halftime to their own booze at their RV or vehicle and not returning on time or not at all?”

“We need to finally offer alcohol inside the stadium.”

“Great idea! How about $12 per 16oz can or 8oz plastic cup of wine?”

“Great idea! Problem solved.”

I thought that selling beer at Autzen was a great idea. I used to drink a lot of beer as both a student and then again for a stretch in my late 20s.

My minor was in art.

The art of sneaking in booze as a student, you nerds. My best friend at the time was even better - the wunderkind of the field. Beer sales? No more pretending that you have the honest hips of a Colombian chanteuse while walking past security with flasks, or sneaking out to the porking lot for warm drinks. This sounded great.

WRONG. Very wrong.

Now everyone is either getting up to go get beer, returning with beer or wine, or going on piss missions connected to the beer. The best time to go get beer or return with it is whenever there’s a third down or any other crucial play. I don’t know why but that’s just how it is. If the average Duck fan wasn’t rowdy enough for your tastes you can now see them with a higher BAC.

Caption: In stadium alcohol sales may lead to bashing the kids for choosing a Stanford education.
    I think UW and Oregon would both be better served to put cannabis dispensaries inside their respective stadiums
    I was once at a game and someone sparked up a joint and the blue hairs around me were flabbergasted and acted like someone got shanked.

Ten years ago, I wasn’t even drunk or obnoxious. I was busy and didn’t even tailgate. I opened an airport bottle of some liquor in the stands and got multiple death stares.
    Passive aggressive Seattle
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    FireCohen said:

“How do we prevent people from leaving the stadium at halftime to their own booze at their RV or vehicle and not returning on time or not at all?”

“We need to finally offer alcohol inside the stadium.”

“Great idea! How about $12 per 16oz can or 8oz plastic cup of wine?”

“Great idea! Problem solved.”

I thought that selling beer at Autzen was a great idea. I used to drink a lot of beer as both a student and then again for a stretch in my late 20s.

My minor was in art.

The art of sneaking in booze as a student, you nerds. My best friend at the time was even better - the wunderkind of the field. Beer sales? No more pretending that you have the honest hips of a Colombian chanteuse while walking past security with flasks, or sneaking out to the porking lot for warm drinks. This sounded great.

WRONG. Very wrong.

Now everyone is either getting up to go get beer, returning with beer or wine, or going on piss missions connected to the beer. The best time to go get beer or return with it is whenever there’s a third down or any other crucial play. I don’t know why but that’s just how it is. If the average Duck fan wasn’t rowdy enough for your tastes you can now see them with a higher BAC.

Caption: In stadium alcohol sales may lead to bashing the kids for choosing a Stanford education.
    I think UW and Oregon would both be better served to put cannabis dispensaries inside their respective stadiums
    I was once at a game and someone sparked up a joint and the blue hairs around me were flabbergasted and acted like someone got shanked.

Ten years ago, I wasn’t even drunk or obnoxious. I was busy and didn’t even tailgate. I opened an airport bottle of some liquor in the stands and got multiple death stares.
    Passive aggressive Seattle
    Husky fans suck so much.