Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2021]

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

MWC schools all earn more in media rights per year than Pac-12 schools
    That’s $49 million TOTAL for the conference. The Pac-12 distributed $33.6 million per school. I believe the conference gets an equal share so it’s 33.6 x 13 after expenses.

Jeez, we are pour but we aren’t truck-driving-school-annex-rental-space pour.

The gap between the P-5 and G-5 is that big. I love to shit on the conference, but they are a financial equal to the Big-12 (Pac should be wayyy higher) and are better off than the ACC. The Big Ten and SEC are the ones who are Daddy Warbucks.

I fell for it

Reading is FUNdamental
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

That’s $49 million TOTAL for the conference. The Pac-12 distributed $33.6 million per school. I believe the conference gets an equal share so it’s 33.6 x 13 after expenses.

The gap between the P-5 and G-5 is that big. I love to shit on the conference, but they are a financial equal to the Big-12 (Pac should be wayyy higher) and are better off than the ACC. The Big Ten and SEC are the ones who are Daddy Warbucks.

I fell for it

Reading is FUNdamental
    Diagree
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,442
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I just wanted the free chins
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Math is hard.

I’m interested to see if we can get a worse deal than the big 12 after Texas and Oklahoma ditch them, but I love train wrecks.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,481
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2021

Math is hard.

I’m interested to see if we can get a worse deal than the big 12 after Texas and Oklahoma ditch them, but I love train wrecks.
    LOL. Big 12 wasn't as attractive as the Pac 12 with UT and OU.

It's not a good league and there's 0 interest in any of the schools outside of those two. That's why UT and OU are bailing. "Mountain West without mountains" as some have called it.

Pac 12 as many have said here has no dominate team. Plays 9 games. Much better product overall and on the west coast and all by themselves as the lone power 5. Will fill the 6-7am est slot for the networks who want all day football for the die hard viewers paying for cable. Will fill the midnight slot and have branded it even.

We? had to have a legendary fuck head in charge just to get here where we're comparing ourselves to the Big 12 and ACC.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,305
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Math is hard.

It's not a good league and there's 0 interest in any of the schools outside of those two. That's why UT and OU are bailing. "Mountain West without mountains" as some have called it.

Pac 12 as many have said here has no dominate team. Plays 9 games. Much better product overall and on the west coast and all by themselves as the lone power 5. Will fill the 6-7am est slot for the networks who want all day football for the die hard viewers paying for cable. Will fill the midnight slot and have branded it even.

We? had to have a legendary fuck head in charge just to get here where we're comparing ourselves to the Big 12 and ACC.
    *dominant
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,481
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Math is hard.

*dominant
    🍺
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Tick tick tick. “Testing cadence.”

NFL showed last that they mostly have the will power to forge ahead. Pac-12 did not.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

July 26, 2021
    The Washington football staff has added a new voice this season: Kevin Carroll.

Carroll, a well-known author and speaker, will officially serve as Special Advisor to the Head Coach. But that title doesn't even begin to describe the role he will take with the program.

The author of four successful books, including "What's Your Red Rubber Ball," Carroll has worked with clientele as diverse as the U.S. Marine Corps, State Farm, Microsoft and the NBA, and has presented before more than 200 corporations, 150 non-profits and 350,000 individuals since 2004.

At UW, he will work in collaboration with head football coach Jimmy Lake to advance the team's goals in all aspects: on the field, in the meeting room, in the classroom and in recruiting.

huh
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,492
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

July 26, 2021

Carroll, a well-known author and speaker, will officially serve as Special Advisor to the Head Coach. But that title doesn't even begin to describe the role he will take with the program.

The author of four successful books, including "What's Your Red Rubber Ball," Carroll has worked with clientele as diverse as the U.S. Marine Corps, State Farm, Microsoft and the NBA, and has presented before more than 200 corporations, 150 non-profits and 350,000 individuals since 2004.

At UW, he will work in collaboration with head football coach Jimmy Lake to advance the team's goals in all aspects: on the field, in the meeting room, in the classroom and in recruiting.

huh
    Sounds like their DEI consultant.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

July 26, 2021

huh
    Any chance he can land some DB’s? Is he a guy who gets paid $100,000 to tell Jimmy he’s always right? I could see that.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,901
    Standard Supporter

July 26, 2021

huh
    Each move more baffling than the last