Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2021]

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2021
    dnc said:

NEsnake12 said:

I like to say WSU has the best RB room and ignore the fact that they only run against 5 man boxes. That's what I like to do
    I don’t understand the Borghi love.

He’s rushed for more than 54 yards in just 5/27 games. Is a game with 10 carries for 40 yards and 8 catches for another 40 yards in an air raid offense really that impressive? Is it the white running back thing, like a worse in every imaginable way version of Christian McCaffrey? McCaffrey was actually really impressive, one of the fastest guys I’ve ever seen live in Autzen.

Also, PFF still sucks. Comparison of their top rated conference RB and one who didn’t make the top-8. One has spent most of his career in Leach’s wide open air raid while the other was in Arroyo’s run into the back of your OL offense.

Borghi: 2256 yards from scrimmage, 6.5 yards/touch
    Travis Dye: 2307 yards from scrimmage, 6.6 yards/touch

Borghi is so ridiculously overrated on this bored
    You’ve always thought that. You are wrong tho. Stat wise, watching games, he’s good. Guys that produce are good.

He’s played two years. He’s a junior (he’ll leave after this year) and way better than any RB we have.

Playing for WSU has hurt him. It doesn’t help him. If playing RB for Leach was so easy, he would have had lots of good RB’s in the past.

RB’s that catch the ball like he does play in the NFL. He’s breaking out this year and having a huge year. Take the screenshots. It doesn’t take much evaluation skill to watch a Cuog game and notice that he’s good.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2021
    https://walterfootball.com/draft2022RB.php

Doesn’t mean much, but these draft rankings are higher on Borghi than anyone here. He’s a good player. I wouldn’t make this BBK part 2. True freshman RB’s that truck the shit out of Hufunga on USC in their fourth game are probably good.

10 for 95 against Utah in the one game he played last year. He makes impressive plays when I watch WSU. The stats are there too.

If he’s not a white guy on the Cougar, everyone is aware and could admit he’s a stud. I said he was better than Ahmed two year ago and stand by it. Easy call really.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Triple post, but there is debate here whether Sean McGrew is good. Borghi is twice the player. So if McGrew is the best RB on the team, how can anyone consider Borghi not good? He’s twice the player McGrew is.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2021
    dnc said:

NEsnake12 said:

I like to say WSU has the best RB room and ignore the fact that they only run against 5 man boxes. That's what I like to do

He’s rushed for more than 54 yards in just 5/27 games. Is a game with 10 carries for 40 yards and 8 catches for another 40 yards in an air raid offense really that impressive? Is it the white running back thing, like a worse in every imaginable way version of Christian McCaffrey? McCaffrey was actually really impressive, one of the fastest guys I’ve ever seen live in Autzen.

Also, PFF still sucks. Comparison of their top rated conference RB and one who didn’t make the top-8. One has spent most of his career in Leach’s wide open air raid while the other was in Arroyo’s run into the back of your OL offense.

Some think he sucks, which I don’t think is the case. He is pretty good but not amazing
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,455
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    FireCohen said:

dnc said:

NEsnake12 said:

Some think he sucks, which I don’t think is the case. He is pretty good but not amazing
    Really excited to see where he ends up in the Jessie Callier scoring survey after this season
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Doesn’t mean much, but these draft rankings are higher on Borghi than anyone here. He’s a good player. I wouldn’t make this BBK part 2. True freshman RB’s that truck the shit out of Hufunga on USC in their fourth game are probably good.

10 for 95 against Utah in the one game he played last year. He makes impressive plays when I watch WSU. The stats are there too.

If he’s not a white guy on the Cougar, everyone is aware and could admit he’s a stud. I said he was better than Ahmed two year ago and stand by it. Easy call really.

It's easy to run against empty boxes.

He'd average 3 yards a carry in Jon Don's offense.

He may have made a nice play against Hufunga butt he's nothing special.

He won't have half the NFL career of Ahmed and wouldn't have run for 1000 yards here with Ahmed's carries.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,631
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    There is a tendency here to use mere opinions or hypotheticals stated factually as the basis for arguments. Work on it.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

NEsnake12 said:

You’ve always thought that. You are wrong tho. Stat wise, watching games, he’s good. Guys that produce are good.

He’s played two years. He’s a junior (he’ll leave after this year) and way better than any RB we have.

Playing for WSU has hurt him. It doesn’t help him. If playing RB for Leach was so easy, he would have had lots of good RB’s in the past.

RB’s that catch the ball like he does play in the NFL. He’s breaking out this year and having a huge year. Take the screenshots. It doesn’t take much evaluation skill to watch a Cuog game and notice that he’s good.
    Let me address this specifically. No one wants to play RB for Leach because you don't get many touches in his system.

The touches RBs do get tend to be against light or empty boxes though and his RB's generally post nice YPC but not great yardages totals because they didn't get enough touches.

Just like Borghi.

He's better than most Leach backs but not by a lot.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Second best logo imo. Inspirational. New NHL team should have consulted the designer, or, if dead, the heirs to their artistic legacy. Best logo?

Imagine being offered this and still choosing Kraken or Crackers with or whatever they went with that has a letter as the primary logo.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,998
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

It's easy to run against empty boxes.

He'd average 3 yards a carry in Jon Don's offense.

He may have made a nice play against Hufunga butt he's nothing special.

He won't have half the NFL career of Ahmed and wouldn't have run for 1000 yards here with Ahmed's carries.
    C'mon Dad and Dad. You both have a point. Max is better than given credit for here (in this thread) but does benefit from running in the Cuog offense. I don't think you can justify saying MB runs for only 3 yds per carry in JD's offense or say that he is hands down better than the terrorist. Please, both of you, take a breath.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,998
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

C'mon Dad and Dad. You both have a point. Max is better than given credit for here (in this thread) but does benefit from running in the Cuog offense. I don't think you can justify saying MB runs for only 3 yds per carry in JD's offense or say that he is hands down better than the terrorist. Please, both of you, take a breath.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,544
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Who was the starting RB at WSU before Borghi? I thought he was better than Borghi and he's not even in the NFL.
  • Options

This collection of bad takes requires a rebuttal. They’re so bad it might not even take a rebuttal, more like a re-assing.

Hello, I’m Walter Football and I’m known for good SEO and shit football takes. After two years at Oregon they had CJ Verdell as a top-15 pick, but this is even better:

I know Asian men often have crushes on athletic white guys, but this is just misinformed. Look at Leach’s other running backs. Shannon Woods, Taurean Henderson, Jamal Morrow, etc. They all have the same exact stats. Just like Leach’s QBs. BECAUSE IT’S THE FUCKING SYSTEM. The only way Borghi is different from those guys is in melanin. That and his name sounds like it was made up by the Swedish Chef. Borghi borghi borghi.

It’s a pretty basic concept, you have four WRs spreading the field and it creates more room for the RBs. You have more lanes and creases, throw a higher volume of passes to your RB. As the defense you expect pass every down and get caught with your pants around your ankles once in a while. For some reason even good DCs like Jim Leavitt can’t choke down on it at times.

If 10 carries for 95 yards against 2020 Utah is considered impressive enough to mention wait until you see what CJ Verdell did against 2019 Utah‘s too-10 defense. I’m inclined to agree that Borghi is better than Sean McGrew - but I’m not even sure on that, because every capable Pac-12 RB will have similar numbers had they been in Borghi’s place.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2021

This collection of bad takes requires a rebuttal. They’re so bad it might not even take a rebuttal, more like a re-assing.

Hello, I’m Walter Football and I’m known for good SEO and shit football takes. After two years at Oregon they had CJ Verdell as a top-15 pick, but this is even better:

I know Asian men often have crushes on athletic white guys, but this is just misinformed. Look at Leach’s other running backs. Shannon Woods, Taurean Henderson, Jamal Morrow, etc. They all have the same exact stats. Just like Leach’s QBs. BECAUSE IT’S THE FUCKING SYSTEM. The only way Borghi is different from those guys is in melanin. That and his name sounds like it was made up by the Swedish Chef. Borghi borghi borghi.

It’s a pretty basic concept, you have four WRs spreading the field and it creates more room for the RBs. You have more lanes and creases, throw a higher volume of passes to your RB. As the defense you expect pass every down and get caught with your pants around your ankles once in a while. For some reason even good DCs like Jim Leavitt can’t choke down on it at times.

If 10 carries for 95 yards against 2020 Utah is considered impressive enough to mention wait until you see what CJ Verdell did against 2019 Utah‘s too-10 defense. I’m inclined to agree that Borghi is better than Sean McGrew - but I’m not even sure on that, because every capable Pac-12 RB will have similar numbers had they been in Borghi’s place.
    I don’t think he will be the 3rd RB picked. He will play in the NFL. They don’t have the same stats either, he’s a better receiver. He looks like a good player every time I watch. He’s having a big year this year. You can tell me I’m right later or stick to thinking he isn’t good.

Verdell was very good in 2019. That OL was dominant tho and made it easy. The only point about 10 for 95 was that Borghi didn’t play all year, then ripped off that game in the end. He’s good. You can’t convince me otherwise. I’ve watched him play multiple times and he’s consistently making plays.
  • Options

I don’t think he will be the 3rd RB picked. He will play in the NFL. They don’t have the same stats either, he’s a better receiver. He looks like a good player every time I watch. He’s having a big year this year. You can tell me I’m right later or stick to thinking he isn’t good.

Verdell was very good in 2019. That OL was dominant tho and made it easy. The only point about 10 for 95 was that Borghi didn’t play all year, then ripped off that game in the end. He’s good. You can’t convince me otherwise. I’ve watched him play multiple times and he’s consistently making plays.
    If Borghi is fantastic in 2021 I’ll eat crow or Bitch Pigeon, but I just don’t think he’s better than the fifth or sixth back in the conference.

He’s flashy and has plays where it looks like he’s special. A big part of that is being in open space, where it’s easier to break tackles or make cuts to create that flash.

As for being no better than other Leach RBs, below are the sophomore stats of Borghi, Henderson, and Woods.

Sophomore year from scrimmage
    Player 1: 202 touches, 1347 yards, 6.7 yards per touch, 16 TDs
    Player 2: 213 touches, 1413 yards, 6.6 yards per touch, 16 TDs
    Player 3: 227 touches, 1498 yards, 6.8 yards per touch, 12 TDs

Not that it matters since they’re nearly identical, but Borghi is Player 2.

You say Borghi is a better receiver. Statistically, he’s not.
    Player 1: 78 catches, 611 yards, 6 TDs
    Player 2: 86 catches, 597 yards, 5 TDs
    Player 3: 75 catches, 572 yards, 2 TDs

Once again, nearly identical. Borghi is Player 2. It’s the exact opposite of your belief, he’s the least efficient receiver and more effective as a runner. Then again if the stats are adjusted for year (RBs are more efficient now than they were when Leach was in the wasteland of West Texas) it’s the same thing again.

It’s kind of weird, no great running back in the Pac-12 at the moment. Not even close. Worst group of RBs I can recall. Ty Jordan was impressive as a freshman, sad story. The Bijan Robinsons, Nahee Harrisses, and Kendall Miltons don’t want to play in this shit conference and they would have a decade ago. Now we have Borghi.