Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2021]

Comments

• Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

“How do we prevent people from leaving the stadium at halftime to their own booze at their RV or vehicle and not returning on time or not at all?”

“We need to finally offer alcohol inside the stadium.”

“Great idea! How about $12 per 16oz can or 8oz plastic cup of wine?”

“Great idea! Problem solved.”

I thought that selling beer at Autzen was a great idea. I used to drink a lot of beer as both a student and then again for a stretch in my late 20s.

My minor was in art.

The art of sneaking in booze as a student, you nerds. My best friend at the time was even better - the wunderkind of the field. Beer sales? No more pretending that you have the honest hips of a Colombian chanteuse while walking past security with flasks, or sneaking out to the porking lot for warm drinks. This sounded great.

WRONG. Very wrong.

Now everyone is either getting up to go get beer, returning with beer or wine, or going on piss missions connected to the beer. The best time to go get beer or return with it is whenever there’s a third down or any other crucial play. I don’t know why but that’s just how it is. If the average Duck fan wasn’t rowdy enough for your tastes you can now see them with a higher BAC.

Caption: In stadium alcohol sales may lead to bashing the kids for choosing a Stanford education.
    I think UW and Oregon would both be better served to put cannabis dispensaries inside their respective stadiums
    For those who have never been to Autzen Stadium, like wheelchair using elders afraid of the risk, there is a walk on a pedestrian bridge across the Willamette and then through a park. It always reeks like weed. Not a subtle hint of someone smoking a joint nearby, more like you’re next to hotboxed car that rolled down the window.

A few years back Nebraska fans came out in droves. The sea of big bellies covered by red polo shirts tucked into loose fitting khaki cargo shorts and complemented by Air Monarchs was a beef and corn fed locust invasion. It made me think they were either unaware of the porking lot horrors that go on or chose being exposed to that over the misery of being in Nebraska. On the crowded walk to the stadium this 12-14 year old kid pinches his nose, looks at this dad, and says something like “why are there are so many dang skunks here?”

I thought I was going to die of laughter. I wish I could remember the exact words the kid used, that kind of Midwestern wholesomeness is priceless. I like to think he went back home and told the other 15 kids in his school that Oregon is just infested with skunks.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Dude is coming back to be a coach soon. USC probably should get ready to hire him
  • Options

FireCohen said:

Dude is coming back to be a coach soon. USC probably should get ready to hire him
    plagiarisms @WilburHooksHands shit fuccko
    Sometimes some morons think a like
  • Options
    I guess Pete had time to slow down and smell the roses and realize that they smell like horse shit and he needs to get back on that saddle.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    FireCohen said:

I guess Pete had time to slow down and smell the roses and realize that they smell like horse shit and he needs to get back on that saddle.

I don't think showing up for a cushy TV gig once a week for three months out of the year counts as getting back on the saddle.
  • Options
    edited August 2021

FireCohen said:

I don't think showing up for a cushy TV gig once a week for three months out of the year counts as getting back on the saddle.
    He is getting bored at home smelling the roses. This is a dude that hated the media. He is almost there is going to come back. Genius getting ready to get back saddle
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,549
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    If Jimmy doesnt cut it as head coach, we are going to rehire Petersen and Jimmy will be the DC.

If Jimmy is successful, he will bolt to the NFL, and a rejuvenated Petersen will be the next HC.

Im 81% sure.
  • Options
    edited August 2021

If Jimmy doesnt cut it as head coach, we are going to rehire Petersen and Jimmy will be the DC.

If Jimmy is successful, he will bolt to the NFL, and a rejuvenated Petersen will be the next HC.

Im 81% sure.

That would be hilarious. The division on this board would be must-see tv.
    Fuck Pete for quitting, also not like his offense will magically get better. Dare i say he is damaged goods. S/o @Tequilla
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Im 81% sure.

I've accepted our status as a loser program and would welcome Pete back with open arms. Imagine thinking Jen could ever make a better hire.
    #MeToo
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Im 81% sure.

I've accepted our status as a loser program and would welcome Pete back with open arms. Imagine thinking Jen could ever make a better hire.
    I liked Pete when he was here but the thought of Pete 2.0 would end in flames. I’d watch.

I don’t trust Jen to make a hire anyways. She would beg him to come back. Dumpster fires all around. It’s who we are.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,273
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    So Pete will be our* Bill Snyder?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,893
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

He is getting bored at home smelling the roses. This is a dude that hated the media. He is almost there is going to come back. Genius getting ready to get back saddle
    I don’t believe this. Pete has no clue what roses smell like or how to win when playing in them.