Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2021]

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,749
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Oregon's going to embarrass the hell out of the Pac12 and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it.
    So is UW
    Guess Dylan's not the guy then.
    More like our vaunted defense will choke like it always does OOC
    By "vaunted" I'm assuming you don't mean anything pre Pete era so let's look at the performance of our offense versus our defense in Pete era OOC games.

And by "always" I'm assuming you don't mean against Boises or BYU's or Rutgers or Southern Miss since we won those games.

That leaves us with 5 games to analyze:

UW defense points allowed

Auburn 21 (average we gave up that season was 16.4) (average they scored that season was 30.9)
    Ohio State 28 (average we gave up that season was 16.4) (average they scored that season was 42.4)
    Penn State 35 (average we gave up that season was 16.1) (average they scored that season was 41.1)
    Alabama 10 (average we gave up that season was 17.7) (average they scored that season was 38.8)
    2014 Oklahoma State 30 (average we gave up that season was 24.8) (average they scored that season was 27.6)
    Average UW opponent score in these games: 24.8
    Average score of these five teams in the season we played them: 36.16
    UW's defense held these opponents to 11.36 points below their average scoring totals.
    Average score given up by UW's defense in these seasons: 18.28
    These opponents scored 6.52 more points against UW's defense than average opponents did.

Auburn 16 (average we scored that season was 26.4) (average they gave up that season was 19.2)
    Ohio State 23 (average we scored that season was 26.4) (average they gave up that season was 25.5)
    Penn State 28 (average we scored that season was 36.2) (average they gave up that season was 16.5)
    Alabama 7 (average we scored that season was 41.8) (average they gave up that season was 13)
    Oklahoma State 22 (average we scored that season was 30.2) (average they gave up that season was 31.2)
    Average UW score in these games: 19.2
    Average points given up by these five teams in these seasons we played them: 21.08
    UW's offense scored 1.88 points less per game against these defenses than their average opponents.
    Average score of UWs offense in these seasons: 32.2
    These opponents held UW's offense to 11.12 fewer points than average opponents did.

TL;DR:

Our defense *choked* against these notable OOC opponents to the tune of holding them to 11.36 fewer points than their scoring average. Our offense OTOH scored almost 2 points per game fewer against these opponents than they usually gave up.

Our defense *choked* against these notable OOC opponents by allowing 6.52 more points per game than UW's defense typically did. Our offense OTOH scored 11.12 fewer points in these games than they usually did.

If you think that means the defense is the unit that failed in these games I can't help you. Butt if Morris fails to get the job done I'm sure you'll Lather. Rinse. Repeat. and just blame the defense.
    Thanks for continuing your deep dives into the comments I make. The obsession continues

Bama - Defense did not choke

Penn State - Defense choked

Auburn - Defense choked in the 4th quarter and could not stop Auburn when it mattered most

Ohio State - Defense choked

Thanks for playing

Statical conclusion - in 3 out of 4 marquee non conference games the defense choked
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited May 2021

Oh yeah, in 2018 and 2019 the defense choked versus Oregon

And yes the offense sucks more than the defense does.

Both units suck until proven otherwise

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Oregon's going to embarrass the hell out of the Pac12 and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it.
    So is UW
    By "vaunted" I'm assuming you don't mean anything pre Pete era so let's look at the performance of our offense versus our defense in Pete era OOC games.

And by "always" I'm assuming you don't mean against Boises or BYU's or Rutgers or Southern Miss since we won those games.

Auburn 21 (average we gave up that season was 16.4) (average they scored that season was 30.9)
    Ohio State 28 (average we gave up that season was 16.4) (average they scored that season was 42.4)
    Penn State 35 (average we gave up that season was 16.1) (average they scored that season was 41.1)
    Alabama 10 (average we gave up that season was 17.7) (average they scored that season was 38.8)
    2014 Oklahoma State 30 (average we gave up that season was 24.8) (average they scored that season was 27.6)
    UW's defense held these opponents to 11.36 points below their average scoring totals.
    These opponents scored 6.52 more points against UW's defense than average opponents did.

Auburn 16 (average we scored that season was 26.4) (average they gave up that season was 19.2)
    Ohio State 23 (average we scored that season was 26.4) (average they gave up that season was 25.5)
    Penn State 28 (average we scored that season was 36.2) (average they gave up that season was 16.5)
    Alabama 7 (average we scored that season was 41.8) (average they gave up that season was 13)
    Oklahoma State 22 (average we scored that season was 30.2) (average they gave up that season was 31.2)
    Average points given up by these five teams in these seasons we played them: 21.08
    UW's offense scored 1.88 points less per game against these defenses than their average opponents.
    These opponents held UW's offense to 11.12 fewer points than average opponents did.

TL;DR:

Our defense *choked* against these notable OOC opponents to the tune of holding them to 11.36 fewer points than their scoring average. Our offense OTOH scored almost 2 points per game fewer against these opponents than they usually gave up.

Our defense *choked* against these notable OOC opponents by allowing 6.52 more points per game than UW's defense typically did. Our offense OTOH scored 11.12 fewer points in these games than they usually did.

If you think that means the defense is the unit that failed in these games I can't help you. Butt if Morris fails to get the job done I'm sure you'll Lather. Rinse. Repeat. and just blame the defense.
    Thanks for continuing your deep dives into the comments I make. The obsession continues

Auburn - Defense choked in the 4th quarter and could not stop Auburn when it mattered most

Thanks for playing

Statical conclusion - in 3 out of 4 marquee non conference games the defense choked
    The defense gave up 6 points in the second half to Auburn.

You're full of shit.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

So is UW

TL;DR:

Thanks for playing

The defense gave up 6 points in the second half to Auburn.

You're full of shit.
    They let Auburn drive down the field to win it

Keep on dooging

Doog
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Also, Auburn was fucking terrible

Doog
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,155
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The defense giving up a game losing drive can be the fault of the offense

Not getting a first down. Not getting a score. Settling for a field goal

Our? Oregon losses the last two times were a real team effort

Auburn should not have been in position to win but they were and they did
  • Options
    Founders Club

The defense giving up a game losing drive can be the fault of the offense

Not getting a first down. Not getting a score. Settling for a field goal

Our? Oregon losses the last two times were a real team effort

Auburn should not have been in position to win but they were and they did

The point was the defense had a chance to close the games out and didn't

Agree on everything else

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,155
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Our 91 DAWGS needed an end zone interception against a GOOD Cal team to not have the annual 1 loss that every other good or great Husky team had

It's hard
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,081
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2021
    @Gladstone why don’t you post your 5 reasons from Twatter over here?
  • Options
    Founders Club

Doog

The irony here is you calling Auburn fucking terrible when you've struggled mightily in this thread the last 3 pages

Then again, you struggle mightily in every thread
    Auburn sucked

Im always right

Smalls got 2 almost pressures. Crown his ass! He sucks until he doesnt

hth
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited May 2021

Doog

The irony here is you calling Auburn fucking terrible when you've struggled mightily in this thread the last 3 pages

Auburn sucked

Im always right

hth
    You went from "I'm just memeing" to "I've got higher priorities" to 6 posts defending your hot takes.

Take the L and head home.
    My hot takes are all accurate

If you bet on UW to perform poorly and lose bigtime games you will be a rich man

Hth

Smalls sucks until he doesnt. I could watch his film and cherry pick a bunch of plays where he was driven 5 yards backwards at the line to do the equivalent of your 5 plays where he did not suck

Hth
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Doog

Auburn sucked

Im always right

hth
    You went from "I'm just memeing" to "I've got higher priorities" to 6 posts defending your hot takes.

If you bet on UW to perform poorly and lose bigtime games you will be a rich man

Hth

Smalls sucks until he doesnt. I could watch his film and cherry pick a bunch of plays where he was driven 5 yards backwards at the line to do the equivalent of your 5 plays where he did not suck

Hth
    The prosaic answer is: When watching Smalls film, in the whole, one doesn't notice much at all.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Doog

Auburn sucked

Im always right

hth

Hth

Hth
    The prosaic answer is: When watching Smalls film, in the whole, one doesn't notice much at all.
    Bully
  • Options
    Founders Club

It's getting old watching PGOS struggle with his made-up stats and ice cold takes

What stats are made up?

If you think me being a realist about the program is an ice cold take - you might be a doog.

It's alright. You're not alone. Weird amount of dooging around here lately. Even from vets. You hate to see it