Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2021]

Comments

• Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

doogville said:

chuck said:

doogville said:

In Socha's time at Washington, his players have earned All-America honors 21 times and first-team All-Pac-12 honors 34 times, while 24 Huskies have been selected in the NFL Draft.
    Socha is the only coach I bark for
    Would be cool for Socha to train our d line not to get tossed aside like rag dolls by the fighting Stanford cardinal every year.
    That's really not what happens.
    The biggest issue with Stanford the last couple years is their ability to easily complete passes for 33 yards against us on 3rd and 32
    chuck said:

doogville said:

In Socha's time at Washington, his players have earned All-America honors 21 times and first-team All-Pac-12 honors 34 times, while 24 Huskies have been selected in the NFL Draft.
    Would be cool for Socha to train our d line not to get tossed aside like rag dolls by the fighting Stanford cardinal every year.
    191 yards -- at 4.8 yards/carry -- and three touchdowns. Is that good?

Maybe @GrandpaSankey can help me out here.
    Maybe he can also point out to you that there's more to the run defense than the line, since you haven't gathered that by watching yourself.
    They got dominated vs Utah and Stanford. We weren’t winning at the line. All of them had way too many negative plays against the run and it went to shit with Bowman out.
    And Oregon State...
    Forgot about that. So basically every game.

Bandes and Tuitele were both horrible against the run in their limited time. Smalls was bad too. ZTF was pretty bad. Taki is one of the more overrated players on the team until he’s not. Tuli was hurt and barely played. Bronson was probably the best of the bunch inside. But how was our DL bad?
    Cooper McDoogald was probably the best edge guy we had against the run LOL
    The Cooper Mcdoogald viciously hated by the expert tbs crew?
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,123
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

chuck said:

doogville said:

chuck said:

doogville said:

The biggest issue with Stanford the last couple years is their ability to easily complete passes for 33 yards against us on 3rd and 32
    chuck said:

doogville said:

Maybe he can also point out to you that there's more to the run defense than the line, since you haven't gathered that by watching yourself.
    They got dominated vs Utah and Stanford. We weren’t winning at the line. All of them had way too many negative plays against the run and it went to shit with Bowman out.
    And Oregon State...

Bandes and Tuitele were both horrible against the run in their limited time. Smalls was bad too. ZTF was pretty bad. Taki is one of the more overrated players on the team until he’s not. Tuli was hurt and barely played. Bronson was probably the best of the bunch inside. But how was our DL bad?
    The Cooper Mcdoogald viciously hated by the expert tbs crew?
    I actually remember them saying he’d be better at edge than ILB.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,584
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

chuck said:

doogville said:

chuck said:

doogville said:

chuck said:

doogville said:

And Oregon State...

Coop played in only 3 games and had 13 snaps against the run (18 against passes).

His only stat against the run is that he tackled Jefferson after he picked up 10 yards on 2nd and 5.
    Better than Smalls LOL
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,462

chuck said:

doogville said:

chuck said:

doogville said:

chuck said:

doogville said:

And Oregon State...

Coop played in only 3 games and had 13 snaps against the run (18 against passes).

His only stat against the run is that he tackled Jefferson after he picked up 10 yards on 2nd and 5.
    Better than Smalls LOL
    Smalls played in 4 games and logged 138 snaps with 69 against the run.

Had tackle for no gain against Arizona, stops after 2 yards, 1 yard, 4 yards, 4 yards, and 6 yards against Utah, and 4 yards against Stanford.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

chuck said:

doogville said:

chuck said:

doogville said:

chuck said:

doogville said:

And Oregon State...

Better than Smalls LOL

Had tackle for no gain against Arizona, stops after 2 yards, 1 yard, 4 yards, 4 yards, and 6 yards against Utah, and 4 yards against Stanford.
    I forget which game it was but they played Bronson on the edge and he was terrible against the run. They pulled him (or moved him inside) and went with Smalls and the run defense improved significantly.

Sa'Vell Smalls was not the issue against the run last year.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2021
    dnc said:

chuck said:

doogville said:

chuck said:

doogville said:

chuck said:

doogville said:

And Oregon State...

Better than Smalls LOL

I forget which game it was but they played Bronson on the edge and he was terrible against the run. They pulled him (or moved him inside) and went with Smalls and the run defense improved significantly.

Utah was the game. Smalls wasn’t the issue maybe, but he was pretty bad against the run too. The whole team was.

DL and edge guys got beat at the line, Sirmon missed too many tackles, and our safeties provided nothing and allowed too many big runs.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

chuck said:

doogville said:

chuck said:

doogville said:

chuck said:

doogville said:

And Oregon State...

Bronson was awful.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2021
    Baseman said:

chuck said:

doogville said:

chuck said:

doogville said:

chuck said:

doogville said:

And Oregon State...

Bronson was awful.
    So was Taki and he always has been but the TBSers that be haven’t admitted it. I wonder why?
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Baseman said:

chuck said:

doogville said:

chuck said:

doogville said:

chuck said:

doogville said:

And Oregon State...

Bronson was awful.
    So was Taki and he always has been but the TBSers that be haven’t admitted it. I wonder why?
    Taki has been occasionally effective plugging up the middle but he’s no Gainsey. I never saw Bronson do anything except get pushed back like he was on skates. Taki was most effective when the ‘19 Tuli played next to him.

It’s hard for a younger UW DL to contribute considering they have to cover multiple gaps. Gainsey and Vita did it but those were two rare birds. Bandes and Tuetele need to step up.
  • Options

dnc said:

chuck said:

doogville said:

chuck said:

doogville said:

chuck said:

doogville said:

And Oregon State...

Better than Smalls LOL

Utah was the game. Smalls wasn’t the issue maybe, but he was pretty bad against the run too. The whole team was.

DL and edge guys got beat at the line, Sirmon missed too many tackles, and our safeties provided nothing and allowed too many big runs.
    Disagree that Sa'Vell was bad against the run. I expected him to be and was very pleasantly surprised. I'm not saying he was great but he was really solid, which is pretty close to great for a true freshman. His run defense was very encouraging.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

dnc said:

chuck said:

doogville said:

chuck said:

doogville said:

chuck said:

doogville said:

And Oregon State...

Better than Smalls LOL

Disagree that Sa'Vell was bad against the run. I expected him to be and was very pleasantly surprised. I'm not saying he was great but he was really solid, which is pretty close to great for a true freshman. His run defense was very encouraging.
    smalls got blown 5 yards off the line of scrimmage by the LT on every run down. it was glaringly obvious watching the games he wasn't ready to take on a starting OT
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

chuck said:

doogville said:

chuck said:

doogville said:

chuck said:

doogville said:

And Oregon State...

Better than Smalls LOL

smalls got blown 5 yards off the line of scrimmage by the LT on every run down. it was glaringly obvious watching the games he wasn't ready to take on a starting OT
    Bullshit
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,634
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

chuck said:

doogville said:

chuck said:

doogville said:

chuck said:

doogville said:

And Oregon State...

Better than Smalls LOL

The new doogism is to blame everyone except the guys that TBsers didn't want.
    dnc said:

dnc said:

chuck said:

doogville said:

chuck said:

doogville said:

chuck said:

doogville said:

And Oregon State...

Better than Smalls LOL

Don't try to disrupt the generic narratives. Doig. Tbser.

Some people don't see things until they get spoon fed. The fucked up and short season didn't help. I think a coiole of these guys will change some minds this year. No sense in arguing any more about what I think will happen though.

It always seemed like the guys who would say "the season can't get here soon enough" were fucktard doogs, so I'm not going to say that.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

chuck said:

doogville said:

chuck said:

doogville said:

chuck said:

doogville said:

And Oregon State...

Better than Smalls LOL

Bullshit
    The footage is there.

He did nothing and couldnt hold the edge.

Im not going to go and clip every play, but I know what Im talking about when it comes to watching the game.

"Smalls played in 4 games and logged 138 snaps with 69 against the run."

So I looked up his stats. In those 138 snaps, he got 5 solo tackles and 2 assisted for a total of 7.

Id be willing to bet most of those came in pursuit off the edge after a 5 yard offtackle run. No tackles for loss.

I specifically watched him when he was in the game out of all the players near the LOS because I was intrigued by the hype. He has a long ways to go.

Saying McDonald is better was a meme to rile people up
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

chuck said:

doogville said:

chuck said:

doogville said:

chuck said:

doogville said:

And Oregon State...

Better than Smalls LOL

Bullshit
    The footage is there.

He did nothing and couldnt hold the edge.

Im not going to go and clip every play, but I know what Im talking about when it comes to watching the game.

"Smalls played in 4 games and logged 138 snaps with 69 against the run."

So I looked up his stats. In those 138 snaps, he got 5 solo tackles and 2 assisted for a total of 7.

Id be willing to bet most of those came in pursuit off the edge after a 5 yard offtackle run. No tackles for loss.

I specifically watched him when he was in the game out of all the players near the LOS because I was intrigued by the hype. He has a long ways to go.

Saying McDonald is better was a meme to rile people up
    @whatshouldicareabout already posted his stats. All but one of those tackles came for a gain of less than 5 yards.

What would be interesting is to see what percentage of tackles UW OLB's make in this defense. I doubt it's higher than 5 solo tackles and 2 assists per 69 runs but I could certainly be wrong.

Again I'm not saying he was some monster in the run game. That's not his job anyway. I'm just saying he was competent which is more than fine for a true freshman.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Why would I waste my fucking time cutting clips? Ive got priorities

I said Smalls got tackles 5 yards down the field after losing contain. Turns out it was 4 yards down the field.

I don't think he got a single QB pressure in those 100+ snaps either