Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Oregon is going to smash USC tonight

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,603 Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Nothing of value on the line for Oregon. Meat into his money this week and distracted. Defense doesn't match up well with SC. SC hasn't done shit in years and should be more motivated. Oregon's QB looks soft.

SC unless they turn it over or Helton comes out with a shit game plan.

So Oregon.

Looks like they will just turn it over and end this quick.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    dflea said:

My experience leads me to believe that Oregon's perfect week ends in a loss. Every bounce has been going their way, but you know how a football is - just as looks like it's in their grasp, it will squirt out of the pile into the arms of an SC defender.

And then the Duck tears flow deliciously from their beady little eyes.

I'm never talking about football again.

Fucking idiot.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744

USC favored by only 3 at home.

As usual, the biggest paper tiger in the country.

And, as usual, UW doesn't get to play them due to this shit tier conference's shit tier schedule and shit tier planning.

Paper tiger crumples at first challenge as expected.

That being said USC likes the 4th quarter comebacks so this will probably end up close.
    This looks like our last 2 first halves, except that Slovis is overrated and will continue to suck in this game.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,368
    dflea said:

dflea said:

My experience leads me to believe that Oregon's perfect week ends in a loss. Every bounce has been going their way, but you know how a football is - just as looks like it's in their grasp, it will squirt out of the pile into the arms of an SC defender.

Fucking idiot.
    Fishing with Pumpy.....Stay in your lane Flea
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,539 Standard Supporter

Surprising. Oregon d showed up.

If Oregon had an even competent QB this game is over in the first half.

Shough’s career should be over. He’s a Big Sky or whatever kid. He just can’t play at this level. Deer in Headlights and now terrified to make a mistake. Can’t play QB that way.

He's Meyers Leonard. Dude is 7'0, shoots 3's at 40%, can damn near dunk from the FT line and is the worst basketball player I've ever seen. Great hair tho.
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557

Shough’s career should be over. He’s a Big Sky or whatever kid. He just can’t play at this level. Deer in Headlights and now terrified to make a mistake. Can’t play QB that way.

I did the “trust the coaches” in assuming he’s better than Anthony Brown. I was, yet again, wrong. You can tell the difference right away, one isn’t scared and moves like it. Shough can fough right off to Northern Arizona.

Jesus, did you see that interception? There are kids on high school JVs who make that throw for a TD. Wide open receiver behind the USC secondary, and he under throws it by ten yards into the defenders hands.

Imagine being Jaylon Redd. Or Johnny Johnson, if you like reaching the higher shelf. Spend the last three years with Justin Herbert and then this schmuck comes along.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,601

I did the “trust the coaches” in assuming he’s better than Anthony Brown. I was, yet again, wrong. You can tell the difference right away, one isn’t scared and moves like it. Shough can fough right off to Northern Arizona.

Jesus, did you see that interception? There are kids on high school JVs who make that throw for a TD. Wide open receiver behind the USC secondary, and he under throws it by ten yards into the defenders hands.

Imagine being Jaylon Redd. Or Johnny Johnson, if you like reaching the higher shelf. Spend the last three years with Justin Herbert and then this schmuck comes along.
    Even worse was the throwaway where he just tossed up a jump ball at his own 10 yard line in the 4thq
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,009
    ntxduck said:

Even worse was the throwaway where he just tossed up a jump ball at his own 10 yard line in the 4thq
    He’s seriously really bad. And now has zero confidence.

Like I said, Oregon was owning that game. But you gotta have a QB. He kept the defense Out too long, SC had their chances and wanted it. With a QB Oregon steps on SC’s throats in the 3rd and it’s over. Without one you let a team hang around and get a taste that they can win, which is what happened.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,601
    edited December 2020

ntxduck said:

He’s seriously really bad. And now has zero confidence.

Like I said, Oregon was owning that game. But you gotta have a QB. He kept the defense Out too long, SC had their chances and wanted it. With a QB Oregon steps on SC’s throats in the 3rd and it’s over. Without one you let a team hang around and get a taste that they can win, which is what happened.
    Gotta start brown in the bowl
    Oregon deserved to win, but it's time to stop acting like playing a Helton SC is any different than playing Colorado or Utah.

2 picks in their own end to start the game virtually sealed this. Coming out on offense running the ball like pussies cemented it.
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    haie said:

Oregon deserved to win, but it's time to stop acting like playing a Helton SC is any different than playing Colorado or Utah.

2 picks in their own end to start the game virtually sealed this. Coming out on offense running the ball like pussies cemented it.

You know that this USC team sucks. I know this as well. So does everyone here. Joe Casual doesn’t. The class of 2023 recruit who is about to be part of operation scholarship carpet bombing doesn’t. Media writer or TV person knows, but they don’t care. The 2021 pre-season* poll will take note, but forget by August.

The only thing that makes USC different is the brand name. Plus a few players like Hufanga and London that are NFL starters.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    dflea said:

dflea said:

Fucking idiot.
    haie said:

Oregon’s D showed up, as did their run game. It’s going to be pretty hard to work around that fact. They were ready to play.

If Mario and Co. made a mistake, it was sticking with Shough. I’d have benched him after the pick. It killed whatever confidence he had left which wasn’t much. He played afraid the rest of the night. That’s a big big handicap.

If they even a Dylan Morris they walk away with that game by half time.

I’d be shocked if Shough is with the program next season.

haie said:

You know that this USC team sucks. I know this as well. So does everyone here. Joe Casual doesn’t. The class of 2023 recruit who is about to be part of operation scholarship carpet bombing doesn’t. Media writer or TV person knows, but they don’t care. The 2021 pre-season* poll will take note, but forget by August.

The only thing that makes USC different is the brand name. Plus a few players like Hufanga and London that are NFL starters.
    SC is so brand. And it’s a brand that casts a spell. Ask the doogs. “Well it’s SC.” No matter what it’s “Well it’s SC.”

Sure they have a handful of players that you’d like to have. Especially the WRs. But come on. They’re not Bama west.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,477 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

SC is so brand. And it’s a brand that casts a spell. Ask the doogs. “Well it’s SC.” No matter what it’s “Well it’s SC.”

Sure they have a handful of players that you’d like to have. Especially the WRs. But come on. They’re not Bama west.
    As evidenced, even with a shit coach and completely disorderly they can win their division and have a shot at a conference title.

Ffs Helton won a rose bowel.