Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Oregon is going to smash USC tonight

124»

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,594 Founders Club

Emoterman said:

GGG

Surprising. Oregon d showed up.

If Oregon had an even competent QB this game is over in the first half.

Shough’s career should be over. He’s a Big Sky or whatever kid. He just can’t play at this level. Deer in Headlights and now terrified to make a mistake. Can’t play QB that way.

I did the “trust the coaches” in assuming he’s better than Anthony Brown. I was, yet again, wrong. You can tell the difference right away, one isn’t scared and moves like it. Shough can fough right off to Northern Arizona.

Jesus, did you see that interception? There are kids on high school JVs who make that throw for a TD. Wide open receiver behind the USC secondary, and he under throws it by ten yards into the defenders hands.

Imagine being Jaylon Redd. Or Johnny Johnson, if you like reaching the higher shelf. Spend the last three years with Justin Herbert and then this schmough comes along.
    FTFY; why abandon a schtick midstream? I love your malarkey, btw; POAST MOAR.
    That is entirely my fough up and I feel bad for missing that opportunity.
    Never pass up the chance for malarkey.

@PurpleBaze
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Shough’s career should be over. He’s a Big Sky or whatever kid. He just can’t play at this level. Deer in Headlights and now terrified to make a mistake. Can’t play QB that way.

I did the “trust the coaches” in assuming he’s better than Anthony Brown. I was, yet again, wrong. You can tell the difference right away, one isn’t scared and moves like it. Shough can fough right off to Northern Arizona.

Jesus, did you see that interception? There are kids on high school JVs who make that throw for a TD. Wide open receiver behind the USC secondary, and he under throws it by ten yards into the defenders hands.

Imagine being Jaylon Redd. Or Johnny Johnson, if you like reaching the higher shelf. Spend the last three years with Justin Herbert and then this schmuck comes along.
    Even worse was the throwaway where he just tossed up a jump ball at his own 10 yard line in the 4thq
    He’s seriously really bad. And now has zero confidence.

Like I said, Oregon was owning that game. But you gotta have a QB. He kept the defense Out too long, SC had their chances and wanted it. With a QB Oregon steps on SC’s throats in the 3rd and it’s over. Without one you let a team hang around and get a taste that they can win, which is what happened.
    Gotta start brown in the bowl
    Is brown in the bowl a nickname for Tyler Shough?
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,009

haie said:

Oregon deserved to win, but it's time to stop acting like playing a Helton SC is any different than playing Colorado or Utah.

2 picks in their own end to start the game virtually sealed this. Coming out on offense running the ball like pussies cemented it.

You know that this USC team sucks. I know this as well. So does everyone here. Joe Casual doesn’t. The class of 2023 recruit who is about to be part of operation scholarship carpet bombing doesn’t. Media writer or TV person knows, but they don’t care. The 2021 pre-season* poll will take note, but forget by August.

The only thing that makes USC different is the brand name. Plus a few players like Hufanga and London that are NFL starters.
    SC is so brand. And it’s a brand that casts a spell. Ask the doogs. “Well it’s SC.” No matter what it’s “Well it’s SC.”

Sure they have a handful of players that you’d like to have. Especially the WRs. But come on. They’re not Bama west.
    As evidenced, even with a shit coach and completely disorderly they can win their division and have a shot at a conference title.

Ffs Helton won a rose bowel.
    FWIW, I do give them and Helton credit for that Rose Bowl. That was winners mentality at its essence. He had the QB to do it and they played through the 4th. I thought Penn State was going to roll them. But that's it.

Although, I have to add, winning the south in the Pac 12 is pretty easy to do if you're remotely decent. Much harder in the north.

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Imagine being Jaylon Redd. Or Johnny Johnson, if you like reaching the higher shelf. Spend the last three years with Justin Herbert and then this schmuck comes along.
    Even worse was the throwaway where he just tossed up a jump ball at his own 10 yard line in the 4thq
    He’s seriously really bad. And now has zero confidence.

Like I said, Oregon was owning that game. But you gotta have a QB. He kept the defense Out too long, SC had their chances and wanted it. With a QB Oregon steps on SC’s throats in the 3rd and it’s over. Without one you let a team hang around and get a taste that they can win, which is what happened.
    Gotta start brown in the bowl
    Is brown in the bowl a nickname for Tyler Shough?
    Dude is almost, but not quite, as bad as that kid backing up Adams ... Lockie or something? That guy was legitimately not a Division 1 player.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 6,055
    It’ll be Brown next year and Thompson the year after that for 3 seasons.
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    Helton’s OL recruiting is going to catch up with him.
    lawsandl said:

Helton’s OL recruiting is going to catch up with him.

It did last night.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,612
    I watched the first half and USC was too sloppy on special teams and with too many stupid penalties.

• QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,294 Swaye's Wigwam
    When #thuggishruggishbohn gets serious and hires Urbs the pac will quickly get saved and Mario will grab a job down south.

When #thuggishruggishbohn gets serious and hires Urbs the pac will quickly get saved and Mario will grab a job down south.

A doog can only dream.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,294 Swaye's Wigwam
    So can a coog. I kid!!!