Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sirmon enters portal . . . . .

Comments

• Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,018
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2020

Everytim I saw him on the sideline he had his head held high, smiling, cheering, jumping around supporting his teams mates.

Good guy in my book, wish him luck at Fresno state.

I was thinking one of the Montanas but maybe Fresno will give him a shot.

My buddy's nephew played against him when he was at Bothell and said he had no idea why any P5 school would offer him a scholarship. (buddy's nephew is currently playing for one of the academies)
    He’ll end up in the ACC, MWC, or Big 12. Cook it.

Buddy’s nephew sounds jealous.
    What is the fixation with defending sirmon?

Physically talented kid that never has lived up to his physical talents at any level. Just not good. Why would any other school want him at the p5 level. Nobody was after him the first time he entered the portal.
    Yep. Pretty sure that is why he came back.

There were reports from spring camp 2019 that his throws were so bad that some people thought he was using the wrong hand.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,136
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Bread said:

Is healthy Keith Price still the best QB since Cody Pickett? What the hell is going on out there?!

Ok Browning did what he was asked when he was healthy but still its pretty fucking grim

Going off of my Pup memory

Warren Moon
    Tom Flick
    Steve Pueller
    Chris Chandler
    Hugh Millen (LOL but he won an Orange Bowl and popped off)
    Cory Conklin
    Mark Brunell
    Billy Dough Hobert
    Huards 1 and 2
    Tui
    Pickett

Most local so Sam has that going fo him which is nice. Lindy and Sirmon were also local but still

Do I have a point here? Not really

Browning > Price. 2016 Browning had the best season and Browning was never as bad as Price was in 2012. A lot more wins by Browning. But Sark, John Ross, Price outplayed RG3.. We don’t play hypotheticals. It will be an unpopular decision here, but it’s the truth.

How many times did Price sack himself? Browning would have set some records with that 2012 oline.
    Wouldn't have made Browning's dumbass turnovers that lost us auburn and alabama.
    Apple Cup Interception by Price.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Gladstone said:

Price was definitely at least middle of the Pac12 in 2011 dude. Come on.

That’s what I posted. He was a middle of the conference QB. Luck, Mariota, Barkley, Hundley, Barkley, Hogan, Kessler, Mannion, Kelly, Foles .. All played in the Price era and against him at least once. All of them were better and made it to the NFL besides Kelly. I get it, the NFL doesn’t matter but still. Stats, wins, eye test. He loses to every guy on that list. I didn’t even name Darron Thomas and if you switched Price and Conor Halliday each team would be roughly the same. I’m always surprised you guys defend Price so much on this board (not necessarily you Gladdy).
    But what about Barkley?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,086
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Price is better than Browning because I hate goofy white dudes.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,690
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

Price was good. He was better than Browning. He wasn't ever the highsman hype bullshit that UW tried to market him as though.

Price got abused, broke two legs and two hips, and then caught the yips and was never really the same... but for a while he was a really good college QB.

Price against Baylor in the Alamo bowl carried the team and played like a winner.

It was a lot of fun having a non retarded QB that could do things like this:

potato quality... but it was 10 years ago...

Fuxking love that second clip. That was Price in a nutshell. The first one too I guess. He had very limited tools physically, but was clever with the ball in his hands and saw the field better than anyone we've had since Tui. He was pretty fucking brave and determined too as that clip shows. That was a tough TD.

His arm wasn't strong but it was adequate. His accuracy was good. He protected the ball. He was a good QB that got worse over time as the OL got worse and worse.

Roadie is a good guy with good judgement...normally. This is one topic where he's consistently dickish. Consistency is good and we all have our things that bring out our inner dick. I'm not bothered by the name calling and hostility over this odd topic.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,049
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

(buddy's nephew is currently playing for one of the academies)

tybnfhs
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2020

Gladstone said:

That’s what I posted. He was a middle of the conference QB. Luck, Mariota, Barkley, Hundley, Barkley, Hogan, Kessler, Mannion, Kelly, Foles .. All played in the Price era and against him at least once. All of them were better and made it to the NFL besides Kelly. I get it, the NFL doesn’t matter but still. Stats, wins, eye test. He loses to every guy on that list. I didn’t even name Darron Thomas and if you switched Price and Conor Halliday each team would be roughly the same. I’m always surprised you guys defend Price so much on this board (not necessarily you Gladdy).
    Disagree, when Price was playing well he was a better college QB than Barkley, Hundley, Barkley, Brian Kelley, Hogan, Kessler, Mannion, and Kelly.

Only Luck, Foles, and Marimoto were consistently better.

including Hundley and Kessler in the list is disqualifying enough. Even my Broon FIL wanted to strangle Hundley on the 50 yard line nearly his entire career... Except for the two times when Hundley led his Broons to the rare back to back victory against the shitty Kessler USC.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Price has always been the HHB doog legend because he was better than Locker, played for Sark, and was treated unfairly and his failures were used to prop up Sark.

Taylor fucking Kelly was a way better college QB than Price. He was never better than a middle of the conference QB, even in 2011.

2011 Pac 12 QBs

Nick Foles
    Brock Osweiler
    Zach Maynard
    Tyler Hansen
    Darron Thomas
    Sean Mannion
    Kevin Prince
    Matt Barkley
    Andrew Luck
    Jon Hays/Jordan Wynn
    Marshall Lobbestael

The only QBs on that list who were clearly better than Price in 2011 were Luck and Barkley. Price was right there with Thomas and well ahead of the desert QB's.

He was damn good before he got broken.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,138
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2020
    Houhusky said:

Good hit by Aguilar. Could be a starter as safety on this years fraction of a season team.

I still 'member the game at Nebraska. Poor guy was hit so much, was basically playing on half a leg. He basically had to move the pocket every play. He fortunately could hand it off to Polk or Sankey to get some rest. Also Keith Price threw the touchdown to help beat SC in LA 2010. I was there. I may have dooged in my pants. Also god bless Lane Kiffen for not running it down our? throats.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,690
    Swaye's Wigwam

This is why I’ll stan Keith Price forever

He was doing that in a game against Oregon right after a few of them were in on the "we smoked it all" incident with the cops. Some said it was just a signal...smoke route...but i don't buy it.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Everytim I saw him on the sideline he had his head held high, smiling, cheering, jumping around supporting his teams mates.

Good guy in my book, wish him luck at Fresno state.

I was thinking one of the Montanas but maybe Fresno will give him a shot.

My buddy's nephew played against him when he was at Bothell and said he had no idea why any P5 school would offer him a scholarship. (buddy's nephew is currently playing for one of the academies)
    He’ll end up in the ACC, MWC, or Big 12. Cook it.

Buddy’s nephew sounds jealous.
    What is the fixation with defending sirmon?

Physically talented kid that never has lived up to his physical talents at any level. Just not good. Why would any other school want him at the p5 level. Nobody was after him the first time he entered the portal.
    Because teams are going to take a flier on physical talent every time. I hope he goes somewhere like Tejas Tech.
    I hear Mike Leach likes transfer QBs.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    dnc said:

Price has always been the HHB doog legend because he was better than Locker, played for Sark, and was treated unfairly and his failures were used to prop up Sark.

Taylor fucking Kelly was a way better college QB than Price. He was never better than a middle of the conference QB, even in 2011.

2011 Pac 12 QBs

Nick Foles
    Brock Osweiler
    Zach Maynard
    Tyler Hansen
    Darron Thomas
    Sean Mannion
    Kevin Prince
    Matt Barkley
    Andrew Luck
    Jon Hays/Jordan Wynn
    Marshall Lobbestael

The only QBs on that list who were clearly better than Price in 2011 were Luck and Barkley. Price was right there with Thomas and well ahead of the desert QB's.

He was damn good before he got broken.
    Totally agree.

My memories of him were of a kid with that "knack" for the game. Somewhat limited toolbelt ... nobody's specimen, but a dangerous passer.

Then he started getting the shit beat out of him.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2020
    chuck said:

Houhusky said:

Price was good. He was better than Browning. He wasn't ever the highsman hype bullshit that UW tried to market him as though.

Price got abused, broke two legs and two hips, and then caught the yips and was never really the same... but for a while he was a really good college QB.

Price against Baylor in the Alamo bowl carried the team and played like a winner.

Fuxking love that second clip. That was Price in a nutshell. The first one too I guess. He had very limited tools physically, but was clever with the ball in his hands and saw the field better than anyone we've had since Tui. He was pretty fucking brave and determined too as that clip shows. That was a tough TD.

His arm wasn't strong but it was adequate. His accuracy was good. He protected the ball. He was a good QB that got worse over time as the OL got worse and worse.

Roadie is a good guy with good judgement...normally. This is one topic where he's consistently dickish. Consistency is good and we all have our things that bring out our inner dick. I'm not bothered by the name calling and hostility over this odd topic.
    When's the last time UW had a QB who got better over his career? Price and Browning both pretty much peaked in their Soph. years.

So did Cody Pickett. Lockner never peaked, maybe against USC, for one game.

Huskies haven't had a great QB in a long time.

UW kinda sucks sometimes. Why can't we? get a great QB?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

chuck said:

Houhusky said:

When's the last time UW had a QB who got better over his career? Price and Browning both pretty much peaked in their Soph. years.

So did Cody Pickett. Lockner never peaked, maybe against USC, for one game.

Huskies haven't had a great QB in a long time.

UW kinda sucks sometimes. Why can't we? get a great QB?
    Brock peaked as a sophomore. You could argue Hobert and Brunell both peaked as sophomores.

The only guy since at least Conklin who consistently improved was Tui.

It's obviously a coaching issue.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,153
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Gladstone said:

Okay, how does Browning stack up with that list?