Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sirmon enters portal . . . . .

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,418
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Is healthy Keith Price still the best QB since Cody Pickett? What the hell is going on out there?!

Ok Browning did what he was asked when he was healthy but still its pretty fucking grim

Going off of my Pup memory

Warren Moon
    Tom Flick
    Steve Pueller
    Chris Chandler
    Hugh Millen (LOL but he won an Orange Bowl and popped off)
    Cory Conklin
    Mark Brunell
    Billy Dough Hobert
    Huards 1 and 2
    Tui
    Pickett

Most local so Sam has that going fo him which is nice. Lindy and Sirmon were also local but still

Do I have a point here? Not really

Browning > Price. 2016 Browning had the best season and Browning was never as bad as Price was in 2012. A lot more wins by Browning. But Sark, John Ross, Price outplayed RG3.. We don’t play hypotheticals. It will be an unpopular decision here, but it’s the truth.
    I'll allow it

Price lost to the coogs
    Browning and Sark would have been quite the combo
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2020

Sub K on suicide watch... not that that would be different from any other day but still.

If he dies, he dies gif
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,680
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2020
    There's no way to settle the argument on Price. I thought he was really good in spite of injuries and horrific OL play. When he had time he was surgical, and when he didn't he was scrappy and resourceful as hell. He was plodding and clumsy looking ad a scrambler or runner, but was still good at it.

Until he wasn't, or the moments where he was became more and more rare. The way he gave up and didn't seem to care in that AC is hard to forget. He was completely wrecked by that point.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited December 2020
    Like I said, I watched him play in person multiple tims in HS. Obvi big, strong and good arm. For whatever reason, the fact that he was also terribly erratic and pick-prone didn't hit his rep, but fuck all I saw it person. Even against the really bad teams, like Inglemoor, where it should have felt like a light practice, he'd throw terrible picks. I somewhat wrote it off to trying to play hero ball and always looking for the big pass on every down, but I also wondered if that's just who he was. Some guys are accurate and some aren't. Some of the picks were of the "who are you throwing to there?" variety. Shouldn't happen with frequency in HS when you yourself, and your team, are just better than everybody else.

Lindy 2 is somewhat accurate, though Lindy was arguably even more of a specimen. From many accounts close to the situation, Pete wanted Lindy to work out because he was such a threat to run, but he could never get his accuracy to the point where Pete could trust him. That's where Price had him with room to spare.

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,801
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    chuck said:

There's no way to settle the argument on Price. I thought he was really good in spite of injuries and horrific OL play. When he had time he was surgical, and when he didn't he was scrappy and resourceful as hell. He was plodding and clumsy looking ad a scrambler or runner, but was still good at it.

Until he wasn't, or the moments where he was became more and more rare. The way he gave up and didn't seem to care in that AC is hard to forget. He was completely wrecked by that point.

This. So true.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,668
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Is healthy Keith Price still the best QB since Cody Pickett? What the hell is going on out there?!

Ok Browning did what he was asked when he was healthy but still its pretty fucking grim

Going off of my Pup memory

Warren Moon
    Tom Flick
    Steve Pueller
    Chris Chandler
    Hugh Millen (LOL but he won an Orange Bowl and popped off)
    Cory Conklin
    Mark Brunell
    Billy Dough Hobert
    Huards 1 and 2
    Tui
    Pickett

Most local so Sam has that going fo him which is nice. Lindy and Sirmon were also local but still

Do I have a point here? Not really

Browning > Price. 2016 Browning had the best season and Browning was never as bad as Price was in 2012. A lot more wins by Browning. But Sark, John Ross, Price outplayed RG3.. We don’t play hypotheticals. It will be an unpopular decision here, but it’s the truth.
    I'll allow it

Price lost to the coogs
    Handicapped by Sark as coach.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,641
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Best wishes to him in his future endeavours
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,723
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Lets not overthink this. Browning won 2 Pac 12 titles, Pac 12 offensive player of the year (yes John Ross probably deserved it more but still), and was the QB of the most successful Husky 3 years stretch in a long time. Obvously Myles Gaskin helped him be successful but at the end of the day he still won those games.

Let's not overthink this. Browning had the #1 defense in the conference four straight years. A defense that never gave up more than 35 points. More than 28 only 7 times.

And yet he lost 15 games.
    You can't dock him for having the best defense. Was he suppose to request a shitty defense? All I am saying is people do mental gymnastics like crazy to try and prove why Browning wasn't the best QB we have had in a long while. No one is saying he was elite, but he was the best QB the Huskies have had in awhile. Now if your argument is all Husky QBs have been shit including him then fine, he was still the best of the shitpile though.
    If your criteria is WINS then yes I can "dock him" because the defense was largely responsible for our wins. It is "mental gymnastics" to say otherwise.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Lets not overthink this. Browning won 2 Pac 12 titles, Pac 12 offensive player of the year (yes John Ross probably deserved it more but still), and was the QB of the most successful Husky 3 years stretch in a long time. Obvously Myles Gaskin helped him be successful but at the end of the day he still won those games.

Let's not overthink this. Browning had the #1 defense in the conference four straight years. A defense that never gave up more than 35 points. More than 28 only 7 times.

And yet he lost 15 games.
    You can't dock him for having the best defense. Was he suppose to request a shitty defense? All I am saying is people do mental gymnastics like crazy to try and prove why Browning wasn't the best QB we have had in a long while. No one is saying he was elite, but he was the best QB the Huskies have had in awhile. Now if your argument is all Husky QBs have been shit including him then fine, he was still the best of the shitpile though.
    If your criteria is WINS then yes I can "dock him" because the defense was largely responsible for our wins. It is "mental gymnastics" to say otherwise.
    Defense / Gaskin / WRs / special teams Dante.. Brownsocks is pretty far down the list.