Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Former UW target in the portal

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

My favorite part of this is do you know if uw wanted him?

Our safeties and one inside linebacker looked bad this season. I would hope we are looking to upgrade. Ffs we lost a kid to Boston college. Jimmy lake fucking sucks.

Jimmy Lake spent time talking to him unlike the 5 stars in our backyard FFS. That's practically Harbaugh climbing a tree.
  • Options
    ATLDawgATLDawg Member Posts: 89
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Harris is terrible he has been at UW for 3 cycles with the recent success he inherited with NFL success to lose essentially got beat recently by Boston College & Minnesota recruiting against Kansas. Jimmy recruiting is very troubling
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Real talk there is zero reason for Will Harris to be employed come January. Either fire him or @FireJimmy. IDGAF.

Along with KB, Junior, Bobby, and TB.
    KB Bobby and TB for sure.

I'm neutral on Junior. Also you don't want to fire all your black assistants in one year. I'd probably keep him.
    Hire black coaches that can actually recruit to replace them.

Jimmy lost Troy and Emeka. It’s a fireable offense.
    One could very easily say the same about Jimmy.

Again, firing all your black assistants is a bad look. So is tying yourself to having to hire assistants of only color. Junior easily has the best argument to stay of any of them. If he repeats the failure then he can go next year.
    Hold on, a black head coach has to worry about the optics of firing other black coaches? What about if they're replaced 1:1 with other black coaches?
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,974
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Houhusky said:

At some point you doogs that think nearly every assistant coach should be fired in a 2 year period and it will matter are going to need a refresher on HHC iron laws.

If you have good assistants they get poached by schools that spend more or by moving up more often than not. I think lake, malloe, coach k and hamdan (lol) were the only ones that were ever poached or anybody has courted that I can remember.

So yes a head coach should put these other coaches on notice if their position groups suck and/or are not signing the talent the coach wants
    Or expects. Why in the hell would anyone be against this?
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,301
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Houhusky said:

At some point you doogs that think nearly every assistant coach should be fired in a 2 year period and it will matter are going to need a refresher on HHC iron laws.

If you have good assistants they get poached by schools that spend more or by moving up more often than not. I think lake, malloe, coach k and hamdan (lol) were the only ones that were ever poached or anybody has courted that I can remember.

So yes a head coach should put these other coaches on notice if their position groups suck and/or are not signing the talent the coach wants
    Smith is head coach at OSU, so there's also that.

Here's a thought: What if there are politics involved in who Lake could and couldn't fire? Specifically, what if Kwiatkowski had conditions for staying on? This is unlikely to be the case, but what if it were?
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,974
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Houhusky said:

Smith is head coach at OSU, so there's also that.

Here's a thought: What if there are politics involved in who Lake could and couldn't fire? Specifically, what if Kwiatkowski had conditions for staying on? This is unlikely to be the case, but what if it were?
    Coach k didn’t hire the offensive staff or put Bob in as the special teams coach where other problems exist. . Maybe that did happen on the defensive side but I Would doubt it.

Overall In general it seems that uw is a place where coaches feel little to no urgency or pressure. The recruiting and results in the field follow. They are consistently going to win 7-9 games. Coming off of 3 ny6 games that’s pretty shitty.

Our recruiting and coaching is not good enough. We don’t try hard which is ironic.
  • Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic

dnc said:

Real talk there is zero reason for Will Harris to be employed come January. Either fire him or @FireJimmy. IDGAF.

Along with KB, Junior, Bobby, and TB.
    Honestly had to look up our coaching staff to remember who TB stands for. We have two DB coaches, our head coach is a known DB developer, and we can no longer recruit that position for shit. Chris Hawkins (ASU) was a grad assistant less than a year ago at SC and he is already a way better recruiter than our entire DB staff. He's 25. It doesn't take 3 years to develop relationships if you're good at it.

Will Harris, TB, and Bob are the non negotiables this year. I don't trust KB, JD, and I'm losing faith in Junior, but realize there's no way we fire everyone mid Covid.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Chuck is right. Sometimes you need to fire someone just to let the rest know this is serious

Lot of assistant coaches are Sark pre rehab