Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Former UW target in the portal

Comments

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
  • Options
    DodgyBlokeDodgyBloke Member Posts: 957
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Hes a take I saw a highlight reel of his where he was blitzing and had a small hint on Jamal Adams in him. He just needs the coaching to get there. He plays at full speed while the rest of our defense outside of E3, MCduff, and Eddy play at half speed. We could use him on top
  • Options
    DodgyBlokeDodgyBloke Member Posts: 957
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Hes a true freshman playing like that, Ill take him just coach him and get his mind right
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Worth a shot. But I am being told we are full.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Per Ektard

247's Greg Biggins posted on the board last week that Jaiden Woodbey is set to transfer from Florida State and the Huskies, if they are interested, would be on his short list of top schools. The Huskies were one of the schools in the middle of his recruitment for quite some time, but he was a kid who loved the thought of the bright lights in other parts of the country and he didn't really give them much of a look after he started to go national.

Fast forward to now and he's looking to get back west and he'd like to talk to Washington.

From talking to people, it sounds like Washington will at least give him a look and kick the tires, but there's a lot that goes into it other than him being a good football player.

1) Has he maxed out his potential? (there's a number of reasons guys leave schools and one of them is because the coaches who signed him realize he isn't as good as they thought he was or that he has room to grow as a player)

2) How are his grades/credits? (it's very hard to transfer to UW and this definitely will play into him being a serious target for them)

3) What do the numbers look like? (I know there's a loud and vocal group that says 'you take the best guys, the numbers will work out' and normally I would agree with that sentiment for the most part, but with the way that eligiblity is being adjusted for this season, a lot depends on who wants to come back and making sure their numbers aren't out of whack)

From talking to different people, I think the Huskies will definitely be interested and will start to go through the process with him, but it's going to be a long process to figure out what happens with him.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,621
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Get this guy so that I can stop watching Asa Turner be a pussy.

Getting this guy is about as likely as signing both JTT and Egbuka. UW couldn't possibly meet his criteria better though...a place that needs him.

I'd trade two Asa Turners for one Joe McIntosh at this point, and Woodbey is at least that good.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,151
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

Get this guy so that I can stop watching Asa Turner be a pussy.

Getting this guy is about as likely as signing both JTT and Egbuka. UW couldn't possibly meet his criteria better though...a place that needs him.

I'd trade two Asa Turners for one Joe McIntosh at this point, and Woodbey is at least that good.
    Is there a reason why he's unlikely? What did I miss?
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,606
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Seems like he's enthusiastic about tackling ball carriers. A plus.

He's a twitchy, hybrid kind of safety who can blitz help in run support.

Everything ND thought they were going to get in Asa at LB!!!
  • Options
    If we want him i think he is coming here. We will have to actually try to recruit him though. We suck at that. Who knows?
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,606
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    I think after watching Cam and Asa attempting to tackle ball carriers Jimmy has to be looking for true dog by this point.
  • Options

I think after watching Cam and Asa attempting to tackle ball carriers Jimmy has to be looking for true dog by this point.

This will be somewhat telling if he wants to win. If his end game is the nfl he better wins some games first.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    We? may have a chance