Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

ULOFOSHIO

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Gladstone said:

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

Our LB situation is weird. I thought Tafisi looked good but now he is stuck behind two players with the same eligibility he has

Yeah, the LB depth chart is a real cluster fuck because you have like 6 guys who are RS Sophs or RS Freshmen for 2 positions. So when people say we are deep at LB, that's true but eligibility wise we could really have some problems in a couple years. Some will leave for playing time elsewhere, and the rest will all graduate together. We took 1 lb last year (Bruener) and it appears we are only taking 1 this year (Latu) and he comes with a giant red flag. UW could be in a world of hurt at that position in a couple years.
    I would like to personally bob Gregory for that cluster fuck of LB room. Kids going to transfer.
    I know we hate Bobby, but it’s not really his fault if/when a 3rd string LB transfers. Kids want to play.

One of those guys that aren’t in the mix are probably going to transfer. We have four guys the same class and two sophomores starting.

Unless those guys really want a UW degree, they aren’t going to stick around and be a 3rd or 4th string player.
    It’s his fault for not landing and keeping adequate talent year over year.

And i will never forgive him for Wellington/Manu starting. Bob provides no value to the program and is a well paid assistant.
    We have had 1 bad LB year and 4 stellar ones.

The Bob Gregory hate on this board never made any sense and is another DDYFS platitude

If you want to argue special teams, fine
    Dude he sat eddy behind manu, if that is not a fireable offense. I don’t fucking know what is
    Yeah no other position group has ever started someone when the backup was better....
    Dude after 1 game they could have just moved of from manu but they played him through the whole year
    Other position groups have had similar stories. I agree that was bad, but literally every other year LBs have been a strength. Fucking doogs like you hate him because he's not a sizzle recruiter.
    How do you just handwave away the 2019 linebacker performance?

He is responsible for two starting players out of eleven. It isn't hard. A year that bad is never excusable. Especially when it was entirely foreseeable years ahead of time based on how he was failing to stack talent. Look at all the guys we missed on 2015-2018. BBK only had 4 years of eligibility and we knew in 2016 he would be gone in two more years and Kieshawn and Azeem in one more year.

As it turned out we had to put an all out blitz on recruiting LBs in 2019 to try to make up for lost time. Now our roster is all jacked up in terms of class composition and yeah, a few of those guys are going to transfer.
    Im not handwaving it away. It was a disaster. There were other disasters on that team too...most position groups really underperformed

Transfers happen. The eligibility situation is awkward, but you doogs cant preach recruit and let the best players play and then get upset with transfers.
    LB wasn't the only underperforming group but it was the worst performing group and the only other one that was close had a new position coach who was coaching guys he didn't recruit.

Bob was the only coach on the staff who completely shit the bed with his own guys.

There's no one to blame but him.
    The defense by and large did enough to win. Every offensive position group fucking sucked. But Huff is a flashy recruiter so doogs dont give him the same criticism when we cant block against fucking Cal, Stanford, etc.
    Its almost like "doogs" were complaining about the recruiting of his predecessor for years and Olinemen that are physically ready to play year one are exceedingly rare. How does Huff's line look this year?

You are such a concrete thinker its probably why you love the "LIPO" philosophy.
    The ancient tribe of LIPOers has been driven to near extinction by our oppressive rulers. We must band together to survive this attempted ethnocide. Rise up!
    You're a doog not remotely in the LIPO camp.
    Bitch, please. I've said LIPO in approximately 37% of my posts throughout my career, especially in the offseason when you were slitting your wrists. Now you're wearing Husky scarves and shouting rah rah while I'm still saying LIPO. I am steadfast in my LIPO until we play Oregon. FOH.
    You're a peanut-licking, glue-sniffing pollyanna doog who wouldn't know LIPO unless the suction was literally going up your ass. Sit this one out.
    Fuck I love you @Gladstone. High standards banner bearing doog fucking slaying prince who was promised. Never leave again.
    Ewww.....get a room
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Gladstone said:

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

Our LB situation is weird. I thought Tafisi looked good but now he is stuck behind two players with the same eligibility he has

Yeah, the LB depth chart is a real cluster fuck because you have like 6 guys who are RS Sophs or RS Freshmen for 2 positions. So when people say we are deep at LB, that's true but eligibility wise we could really have some problems in a couple years. Some will leave for playing time elsewhere, and the rest will all graduate together. We took 1 lb last year (Bruener) and it appears we are only taking 1 this year (Latu) and he comes with a giant red flag. UW could be in a world of hurt at that position in a couple years.
    I would like to personally bob Gregory for that cluster fuck of LB room. Kids going to transfer.
    I know we hate Bobby, but it’s not really his fault if/when a 3rd string LB transfers. Kids want to play.

One of those guys that aren’t in the mix are probably going to transfer. We have four guys the same class and two sophomores starting.

Unless those guys really want a UW degree, they aren’t going to stick around and be a 3rd or 4th string player.

And i will never forgive him for Wellington/Manu starting. Bob provides no value to the program and is a well paid assistant.

The Bob Gregory hate on this board never made any sense and is another DDYFS platitude

Dude he sat eddy behind manu, if that is not a fireable offense. I don’t fucking know what is
    Yeah no other position group has ever started someone when the backup was better....
    Dude after 1 game they could have just moved of from manu but they played him through the whole year
    Other position groups have had similar stories. I agree that was bad, but literally every other year LBs have been a strength. Fucking doogs like you hate him because he's not a sizzle recruiter.

He is responsible for two starting players out of eleven. It isn't hard. A year that bad is never excusable. Especially when it was entirely foreseeable years ahead of time based on how he was failing to stack talent. Look at all the guys we missed on 2015-2018. BBK only had 4 years of eligibility and we knew in 2016 he would be gone in two more years and Kieshawn and Azeem in one more year.

As it turned out we had to put an all out blitz on recruiting LBs in 2019 to try to make up for lost time. Now our roster is all jacked up in terms of class composition and yeah, a few of those guys are going to transfer.
    Im not handwaving it away. It was a disaster. There were other disasters on that team too...most position groups really underperformed

Transfers happen. The eligibility situation is awkward, but you doogs cant preach recruit and let the best players play and then get upset with transfers.
    LB wasn't the only underperforming group but it was the worst performing group and the only other one that was close had a new position coach who was coaching guys he didn't recruit.

Bob was the only coach on the staff who completely shit the bed with his own guys.

The defense by and large did enough to win. Every offensive position group fucking sucked. But Huff is a flashy recruiter so doogs dont give him the same criticism when we cant block against fucking Cal, Stanford, etc.
    Its almost like "doogs" were complaining about the recruiting of his predecessor for years and Olinemen that are physically ready to play year one are exceedingly rare. How does Huff's line look this year?

You are such a concrete thinker its probably why you love the "LIPO" philosophy.
    The ancient tribe of LIPOers has been driven to near extinction by our oppressive rulers. We must band together to survive this attempted ethnocide. Rise up!
    Bitch, please. I've said LIPO in approximately 37% of my posts throughout my career, especially in the offseason when you were slitting your wrists. Now you're wearing Husky scarves and shouting rah rah while I'm still saying LIPO. I am steadfast in my LIPO until we play Oregon. FOH.
    You're a peanut-licking, glue-sniffing pollyanna doog who wouldn't know LIPO unless the suction was literally going up your ass. Sit this one out.
    *dials 9-1-1*

“Hello this emergency services”

“ hello, yes ma’am I just witnessed a murder”
    Oh look at this guy trying to fit in again. Embarrassing.
    “What is irony?”
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,415
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited December 2020

Gladstone said:

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

*dials 9-1-1*

“Hello this emergency services”

“ hello, yes ma’am I just witnessed a murder”
    Oh look at this guy trying to fit in again. Embarrassing.
    “What is irony?”
    Bahahaha. Nice try.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,415
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

Revisionism at it's finest. Or maybe you are just too stupid to distinguish between different poasters.

EWIIC
    It's pretty impressive how you never let an opportunity to be a faggot go. You're batting 1.000
    You gnu? We are all faggots here little boi.
    Nah, there's actually quite a few posters I enjoy.
  • Options
    Houhusky said:

PGOS starts these Bob Gregory threads every 3 months and it's the same lame argument every time.

Prior to 2019 his argument was that our LB play has always been fine. Everyone else pointed out what was coming due to recruiting misses and roster mismanagement.

Now the argument is our LB play has been fine other than last year.

Truly amazing how one can be completely wrong but simply adjust their premise to account for the new information they previously discounted and claim they were always right.
    This is fucking wrong.

Tons of doogs including DDY and fudge packer thought Wellington would be good.

Once Wellington and Manu got benched the LB improved tremendously. Thats on Bob to not do that sooner

Your reductionism of my points is fucking stupid.
    I remember when DDY lost his shit when I said BBK was better than Wellington

As far as the rest of the thread

Both recruiting and coaching are important; but recruiting only really matters if you have a good coach.

The LB play has been great to decent, except for 2019. Development of guys has mostly been good. Recruiting has been pretty below average.

Pre-injury/drunk Azeem (with Bierria) was one of the best ILBs in the conference, BBK was one of the best ILBs in the conference, and now olofosheieio is one of the best ILBs in the conference. That doesn’t happen if you have a coach that both sucks at recruiting AND coaching/development. It’s not possible.

Losing Kaho and tootoot sucked, he needs to close on big name guys better, but he isn’t a bad coach and is back to a full stable and putting a good product on the field.

Maybe we should bring up Adam’s good recruiting but shitty roster management and coaching/development while we are here... also bonerpopper too!

We’ve had 3 good LBs in the last 4 years. 1 was a Sark recruit. 1 was Bobby sure. The other wasn’t even PWO’d by Bob
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Houhusky said:

PGOS starts these Bob Gregory threads every 3 months and it's the same lame argument every time.

Prior to 2019 his argument was that our LB play has always been fine. Everyone else pointed out what was coming due to recruiting misses and roster mismanagement.

Truly amazing how one can be completely wrong but simply adjust their premise to account for the new information they previously discounted and claim they were always right.
    This is fucking wrong.

Once Wellington and Manu got benched the LB improved tremendously. Thats on Bob to not do that sooner

Both recruiting and coaching are important; but recruiting only really matters if you have a good coach.

The LB play has been great to decent, except for 2019. Development of guys has mostly been good. Recruiting has been pretty below average.

Pre-injury/drunk Azeem (with Bierria) was one of the best ILBs in the conference, BBK was one of the best ILBs in the conference, and now olofosheieio is one of the best ILBs in the conference. That doesn’t happen if you have a coach that both sucks at recruiting AND coaching/development. It’s not possible.

Losing Kaho and tootoot sucked, he needs to close on big name guys better, but he isn’t a bad coach and is back to a full stable and putting a good product on the field.

Maybe we should bring up Adam’s good recruiting but shitty roster management and coaching/development while we are here... also bonerpopper too!

We’ve had 3 good LBs in the last 4 years. 1 was a Sark recruit. 1 was Bobby sure. The other wasn’t even PWO’d by Bob
    He has consistently put up all pac12 LBs

2016 - Azeem 1st team all pac12, Berria 2nd team all pac12
    2017 - BBK 2nd team all pac12, Berria 2nd team all pac12
    2018 - BBK Pat Tillman Defensive Player of the Year and 1st team all pac12
    2019 - none
    2020 - Olofoshio on his way to 1st team

We have had really good LB play 3 out of the last 4 years and are well on our way to 4/5.

Good fucking point.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

This is fucking wrong.

2019 - none

We have had really good LB play 3 out of the last 4 years and are well on our way to 4/5.

Good fucking point.
    What about having the worst ILB in the country last year do you not understand?
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

This is fucking wrong.

2019 - none

Good fucking point.
    What about churning out a really good product outside of 2019 do you not understand?

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

This is fucking wrong.

2019 - none

Good fucking point.
    What about churning out a really good product outside of 2019 do you not understand?

The TSIO bootlickers dont understand. Ive been trying to argue this point along with you since everyone of those idiots hated BBK in the off-season prior to 2018...same fucking stupids that wanted to start underwear Olympic champ Wellington

Youre presenting the argument a lot better and with more *comportment* than I am.
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

He didn't get the same criticism because he wasn't coaching his own guys.

This isn't hard.
    This is a recruiting doog through and through cop out answer. Huff has been here long enough to have that be a bullshit excuse.

If you want to talk differences in scheme I'll listen, but that is a fucking doog answer. If the predecessors guys werent good in year 3 then play the guys you recruited
    Except those who followed recruiting forecast the OL was going to have a big drop-off and wouldn't you know it, they were right.

It's not just recruiting but recruiting does matter.

We ran for 182 yards on 34 carries versus Cal and 104 on 19 carries versus Stanford. The OL didn't lose those games.

The OL wasn't good but it was significantly better than the LBs last year.

@racebannon preached this same point and can back me up on this

The line did fine run blocking until they absolutely had to get a yard in 3rd or 4th and short. Then they fucking sucked.

Pass pro was an abomination made worse by a statue of a QB, but has never been good
    The best way to be successful on 3rd or 4th and short...is not to end up in 3rd or 4th and short.

Our "power success rate" (3rd/4th and 2 or less to go) was 71.4% or 67th in the nation. Mediocre at best but not a killer- some terrible teams are ranked in the top ten and some good teams were worse than us (Minnesota, Oregon, Notre Dame, Utah.)
    Yes, avoid 3rd down at all costs.
    I was watching a game this year where one team was lighting up the scoreboard and they were like 0 for 2 on third downs. Some of these offenses today can get rolling and its 10 yards a play.

And yet you still hear the old stay ahead of the chains to get a manageable third down mantra from broadcasters
    3rd downs are bad and create high leverage situations for no reason. That’s why R-R-P is fucking stupid.