Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

ULOFOSHIO

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

Our LB situation is weird. I thought Tafisi looked good but now he is stuck behind two players with the same eligibility he has

Yeah, the LB depth chart is a real cluster fuck because you have like 6 guys who are RS Sophs or RS Freshmen for 2 positions. So when people say we are deep at LB, that's true but eligibility wise we could really have some problems in a couple years. Some will leave for playing time elsewhere, and the rest will all graduate together. We took 1 lb last year (Bruener) and it appears we are only taking 1 this year (Latu) and he comes with a giant red flag. UW could be in a world of hurt at that position in a couple years.
    I would like to personally bob Gregory for that cluster fuck of LB room. Kids going to transfer.
    I know we hate Bobby, but it’s not really his fault if/when a 3rd string LB transfers. Kids want to play.

One of those guys that aren’t in the mix are probably going to transfer. We have four guys the same class and two sophomores starting.

Unless those guys really want a UW degree, they aren’t going to stick around and be a 3rd or 4th string player.
    It’s his fault for not landing and keeping adequate talent year over year.

And i will never forgive him for Wellington/Manu starting. Bob provides no value to the program and is a well paid assistant.
    We have had 1 bad LB year and 4 stellar ones.

The Bob Gregory hate on this board never made any sense and is another DDYFS platitude

If you want to argue special teams, fine
    Dude he sat eddy behind manu, if that is not a fireable offense. I don’t fucking know what is
    Yeah no other position group has ever started someone when the backup was better....
    Dude after 1 game they could have just moved of from manu but they played him through the whole year
    Other position groups have had similar stories. I agree that was bad, but literally every other year LBs have been a strength. Fucking doogs like you hate him because he's not a sizzle recruiter.
    How do you just handwave away the 2019 linebacker performance?

He is responsible for two starting players out of eleven. It isn't hard. A year that bad is never excusable. Especially when it was entirely foreseeable years ahead of time based on how he was failing to stack talent. Look at all the guys we missed on 2015-2018. BBK only had 4 years of eligibility and we knew in 2016 he would be gone in two more years and Kieshawn and Azeem in one more year.

As it turned out we had to put an all out blitz on recruiting LBs in 2019 to try to make up for lost time. Now our roster is all jacked up in terms of class composition and yeah, a few of those guys are going to transfer.
    Im not handwaving it away. It was a disaster. There were other disasters on that team too...most position groups really underperformed

Transfers happen. The eligibility situation is awkward, but you doogs cant preach recruit and let the best players play and then get upset with transfers.
    LB wasn't the only underperforming group but it was the worst performing group and the only other one that was close had a new position coach who was coaching guys he didn't recruit.

Bob was the only coach on the staff who completely shit the bed with his own guys.

There's no one to blame but him.
    The defense by and large did enough to win. Every offensive position group fucking sucked. But Huff is a flashy recruiter so doogs dont give him the same criticism when we cant block against fucking Cal, Stanford, etc.
    He didn't get the same criticism because he wasn't coaching his own guys.

This isn't hard.
    This is a recruiting doog through and through cop out answer. Huff has been here long enough to have that be a bullshit excuse.

If you want to talk differences in scheme I'll listen, but that is a fucking doog answer. If the predecessors guys werent good in year 3 then play the guys you recruited
    Except those who followed recruiting forecast the OL was going to have a big drop-off and wouldn't you know it, they were right.

It's not just recruiting but recruiting does matter.

We ran for 182 yards on 34 carries versus Cal and 104 on 19 carries versus Stanford. The OL didn't lose those games.

The OL wasn't good but it was significantly better than the LBs last year.

@racebannon preached this same point and can back me up on this

The line did fine run blocking until they absolutely had to get a yard in 3rd or 4th and short. Then they fucking sucked.

Pass pro was an abomination made worse by a statue of a QB, but has never been good
    Sacks are more of a QB stat than an OL stat which has born out as all of a sudden there are no sacks.

It's my favorite thing about Morris, btw.
    Hard disagree.

If that were the case Russ would never get sacked, but the Hawks line has sucked in pass pro for years and one of the most elusive pocket QBs still get sacked.

Its 81% line 19% qb
    You need the chair for this take.
    You need the chair so this bored can be free of your hot takes
    You’ve been really struggling in this thread PGOS. I don’t think your one to talk. Looks like you can’t talk ball. Sad!
    Disagree. One of my armpit hairs knows more about football than youll ever know. No one is a better fluffer than you though, Ill give you that.
    You think Bob Gregory is a good coach and I’m the fluffer?
    He is good. Can we do better? Maybe. Our new WR and DB coaches arent really improvements.

At this point I see no reason to remove him from LB coaching duties. Another year like 2019, can him
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

Our LB situation is weird. I thought Tafisi looked good but now he is stuck behind two players with the same eligibility he has

Yeah, the LB depth chart is a real cluster fuck because you have like 6 guys who are RS Sophs or RS Freshmen for 2 positions. So when people say we are deep at LB, that's true but eligibility wise we could really have some problems in a couple years. Some will leave for playing time elsewhere, and the rest will all graduate together. We took 1 lb last year (Bruener) and it appears we are only taking 1 this year (Latu) and he comes with a giant red flag. UW could be in a world of hurt at that position in a couple years.
    I would like to personally bob Gregory for that cluster fuck of LB room. Kids going to transfer.
    I know we hate Bobby, but it’s not really his fault if/when a 3rd string LB transfers. Kids want to play.

One of those guys that aren’t in the mix are probably going to transfer. We have four guys the same class and two sophomores starting.

Unless those guys really want a UW degree, they aren’t going to stick around and be a 3rd or 4th string player.

And i will never forgive him for Wellington/Manu starting. Bob provides no value to the program and is a well paid assistant.

The Bob Gregory hate on this board never made any sense and is another DDYFS platitude

Dude he sat eddy behind manu, if that is not a fireable offense. I don’t fucking know what is
    Yeah no other position group has ever started someone when the backup was better....
    Dude after 1 game they could have just moved of from manu but they played him through the whole year
    Other position groups have had similar stories. I agree that was bad, but literally every other year LBs have been a strength. Fucking doogs like you hate him because he's not a sizzle recruiter.

He is responsible for two starting players out of eleven. It isn't hard. A year that bad is never excusable. Especially when it was entirely foreseeable years ahead of time based on how he was failing to stack talent. Look at all the guys we missed on 2015-2018. BBK only had 4 years of eligibility and we knew in 2016 he would be gone in two more years and Kieshawn and Azeem in one more year.

As it turned out we had to put an all out blitz on recruiting LBs in 2019 to try to make up for lost time. Now our roster is all jacked up in terms of class composition and yeah, a few of those guys are going to transfer.
    Im not handwaving it away. It was a disaster. There were other disasters on that team too...most position groups really underperformed

Transfers happen. The eligibility situation is awkward, but you doogs cant preach recruit and let the best players play and then get upset with transfers.
    LB wasn't the only underperforming group but it was the worst performing group and the only other one that was close had a new position coach who was coaching guys he didn't recruit.

Bob was the only coach on the staff who completely shit the bed with his own guys.

The defense by and large did enough to win. Every offensive position group fucking sucked. But Huff is a flashy recruiter so doogs dont give him the same criticism when we cant block against fucking Cal, Stanford, etc.

This isn't hard.
    This is a recruiting doog through and through cop out answer. Huff has been here long enough to have that be a bullshit excuse.

If you want to talk differences in scheme I'll listen, but that is a fucking doog answer. If the predecessors guys werent good in year 3 then play the guys you recruited
    Except those who followed recruiting forecast the OL was going to have a big drop-off and wouldn't you know it, they were right.

We ran for 182 yards on 34 carries versus Cal and 104 on 19 carries versus Stanford. The OL didn't lose those games.

The line did fine run blocking until they absolutely had to get a yard in 3rd or 4th and short. Then they fucking sucked.

Pass pro was an abomination made worse by a statue of a QB, but has never been good
    Sacks are more of a QB stat than an OL stat which has born out as all of a sudden there are no sacks.

Hard disagree.

If that were the case Russ would never get sacked, but the Hawks line has sucked in pass pro for years and one of the most elusive pocket QBs still get sacked.

Its 81% line 19% qb
    You’ve been really struggling in this thread PGOS. I don’t think your one to talk. Looks like you can’t talk ball. Sad!
    Disagree. One of my armpit hairs knows more about football than youll ever know. No one is a better fluffer than you though, Ill give you that.
    He is good. Can we do better? Maybe. Our new WR and DB coaches arent really improvements.

At this point I see no reason to remove him from LB coaching duties. Another year like 2019, can him
    He can’t recruit, he can’t develop, and he can’t coach special teams. Only 1 of his recruits has actually been productive and that’s BBK.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

This isn't hard.

Hard disagree.

Its 81% line 19% qb
    You may (or may not) understand football. . . . . but logic is certainly severely lacking in your thought process. . . . You arguing a point of view that doesn't make sense is like watching a drunken Grampa Sankey doing brain/heart surgery with his eyes closed while high on cocaine. . . . .

Come up for air once in a while. . . . .
  • Options

A thread about one our? best players has developed FBA.

Sad!

PGOS knows best!!1!1!1!
  • Options
    Founders Club

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

This isn't hard.

Hard disagree.

Its 81% line 19% qb

He can’t recruit, he can’t develop, and he can’t coach special teams. Only 1 of his recruits has actually been productive and that’s BBK.
    You are such a recruiting simp it's embarrassing.

On field results are what matters, and Bob has a bunch of 4 star and 3 stars (with fuckton of P5 offers) in the 2 deeps

Lifpo you fucking idiot
  • Options
    edited December 2020

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

This isn't hard.

Hard disagree.

Its 81% line 19% qb

You are such a recruiting simp it's embarrassing.

On field results are what matters, and Bob has a bunch of 4 star and 3 stars (with fuckton of P5 offers) in the 2 deeps

Lifpo you fucking idiot
    We had the worst ILB group in the entire country last year hth

Of course I’m a recruiting simp. Stack talent, develop them well, profit. The majority of our best players are guys who have rare physical traits. I don’t care so much for “stars” (they do matter and are a decent predictor of success) as much as I care about getting big dudes that can move with high ceilings.
  • Options
    Founders Club

PGOS starts these Bob Gregory threads every 3 months and it's the same lame argument every time.

You guys keep hating his LB coaching and besides 2019 he produces good at worst units and remains on the staff

The fact he annoys the shit out of the recruiting obsessed irritating posters is the cherry on top for me.

Big Bob fan
  • Options
    To act like recruiting doesn’t matter is the biggest Boise State/BYU etc. way of thinking ever. Fuck that, I want us to look like Bama (which for the most part we do btw), not a fucking WAC school.
  • Options
    Founders Club

To act like recruiting doesn’t matter is the biggest Boise State/BYU etc. way of thinking ever. Fuck that, I want us to look like Bama (which for the most part we do btw), not a fucking WAC school.

It does matter but it's not the end all be all as Ulofoshio proves. And you and Sub K and others that obsess over it are creepy and embarassing to observe. You need self awareness to realize this, which you...lack
  • Options

PGOS starts these Bob Gregory threads every 3 months and it's the same lame argument every time.

You guys keep hating his LB coaching and besides 2019 he produces good at worst units and remains on the staff

The fact he annoys the shit out of the recruiting obsessed irritating posters is the cherry on top for me.

Big Bob fan
    Your anti-recruiting stance is pretty retarded. It’s the reason we lost the CFP game, Fiesta, and Rose Bowl games before they even started.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited December 2020

Big Bob fan
    Your anti-recruiting stance is pretty retarded. It’s the reason we lost the CFP game, Fiesta, and Rose Bowl games before they even started.
    This is why you are a fucking idiot

We lost those games because of our head coach. Pete.

Jesus H Christ
  • Options

It does matter but it's not the end all be all as Ulofoshio proves. And you and Sub K and others that obsess over it are creepy and embarassing to observe. You need self awareness to realize this, which you...lack
    Bob didn’t even PWO Eddie. When Eddie beats out Danny Hammer, Tup, Ah You, Tafisi, Calvert etc. (most of whom didn’t come here because Bob is a good recruiter btw.) as a PWO it means he’s good. It’s not like the Sark/Ty years where you have to beat out a FCS level guy.
  • Options
    edited December 2020

Big Bob fan
    This is why you are a fucking idiot

We lost those games because of our head coach. Pete.

Jesus H Christ
    We lost those games because we couldn’t physically matchup. We started Myles Bryant at outside corner, Bowman (he is pretty good now actually)/Tevis, 0 DL depth outside of Greg and Vita, Austin Joyner at Nickel, JoJo at safety etc. against Miles Sanders, Deasean Hamilton, Saquan Barkely, and Mike Geisicki and we only gave up 35 points in the Fiesta Bowl because Pete K is a wizard. Now imagine this defense against that offense...
  • Options

There’s like 2 dudes that play on defense that wouldn’t look like they’d belong at Bama hth. We have dudes. If Jimmy sucks we don’t win the conference this year when we should rather easily.

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Prior to 2019 his argument was that our LB play has always been fine. Everyone else pointed out what was coming due to recruiting misses and roster mismanagement.

Now the argument is our LB play has been fine other than last year.

Truly amazing how one can be completely wrong but simply adjust their premise to account for the new information they previously discounted and claim they were always right.