Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Houhusky said:
    Dude for our sake I hope he improves by next year, dude is at the right spot but getting abused when he gets there
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,583
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    They should redshirt Tafisi
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

2020 doesn't count for eligibility
  • Options
    Founders Club

Next year, so he is a year behind Sirmon/Ulo
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,808
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Double redshirt then. You get one year back
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Our LB situation is weird. I thought Tafisi looked good but now he is stuck behind two players with the same eligibility he has

Yeah, the LB depth chart is a real cluster fuck because you have like 6 guys who are RS Sophs or RS Freshmen for 2 positions. So when people say we are deep at LB, that's true but eligibility wise we could really have some problems in a couple years. Some will leave for playing time elsewhere, and the rest will all graduate together. We took 1 lb last year (Bruener) and it appears we are only taking 1 this year (Latu) and he comes with a giant red flag. UW could be in a world of hurt at that position in a couple years.
    I would like to personally bob Gregory for that cluster fuck of LB room. Kids going to transfer.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,991
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

FireCohen said:

Our LB situation is weird. I thought Tafisi looked good but now he is stuck behind two players with the same eligibility he has

Yeah, the LB depth chart is a real cluster fuck because you have like 6 guys who are RS Sophs or RS Freshmen for 2 positions. So when people say we are deep at LB, that's true but eligibility wise we could really have some problems in a couple years. Some will leave for playing time elsewhere, and the rest will all graduate together. We took 1 lb last year (Bruener) and it appears we are only taking 1 this year (Latu) and he comes with a giant red flag. UW could be in a world of hurt at that position in a couple years.
    I would like to personally bob Gregory for that cluster fuck of LB room. Kids going to transfer.
    I know we hate Bobby, but it’s not really his fault if/when a 3rd string LB transfers. Kids want to play.

One of those guys that aren’t in the mix are probably going to transfer. We have four guys the same class and two sophomores starting.

Unless those guys really want a UW degree, they aren’t going to stick around and be a 3rd or 4th string player.
    It’s his fault for not landing and keeping adequate talent year over year.

And i will never forgive him for Wellington/Manu starting. Bob provides no value to the program and is a well paid assistant.
  • Options
    Founders Club

FireCohen said:

I know we hate Bobby, but it’s not really his fault if/when a 3rd string LB transfers. Kids want to play.

One of those guys that aren’t in the mix are probably going to transfer. We have four guys the same class and two sophomores starting.

Unless those guys really want a UW degree, they aren’t going to stick around and be a 3rd or 4th string player.
    It’s his fault for not landing and keeping adequate talent year over year.

And i will never forgive him for Wellington/Manu starting. Bob provides no value to the program and is a well paid assistant.
    We have had 1 bad LB year and 4 stellar ones.

The Bob Gregory hate on this board never made any sense and is another DDYFS platitude

If you want to argue special teams, fine