Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

ULOFOSHIO

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

Our LB situation is weird. I thought Tafisi looked good but now he is stuck behind two players with the same eligibility he has

Yeah, the LB depth chart is a real cluster fuck because you have like 6 guys who are RS Sophs or RS Freshmen for 2 positions. So when people say we are deep at LB, that's true but eligibility wise we could really have some problems in a couple years. Some will leave for playing time elsewhere, and the rest will all graduate together. We took 1 lb last year (Bruener) and it appears we are only taking 1 this year (Latu) and he comes with a giant red flag. UW could be in a world of hurt at that position in a couple years.
    I would like to personally bob Gregory for that cluster fuck of LB room. Kids going to transfer.
    I know we hate Bobby, but it’s not really his fault if/when a 3rd string LB transfers. Kids want to play.

One of those guys that aren’t in the mix are probably going to transfer. We have four guys the same class and two sophomores starting.

Unless those guys really want a UW degree, they aren’t going to stick around and be a 3rd or 4th string player.
    It’s his fault for not landing and keeping adequate talent year over year.

And i will never forgive him for Wellington/Manu starting. Bob provides no value to the program and is a well paid assistant.
    We have had 1 bad LB year and 4 stellar ones.

The Bob Gregory hate on this board never made any sense and is another DDYFS platitude

If you want to argue special teams, fine
    Dude he sat eddy behind manu, if that is not a fireable offense. I don’t fucking know what is
    Yeah no other position group has ever started someone when the backup was better....
    Dude after 1 game they could have just moved of from manu but they played him through the whole year
    Other position groups have had similar stories. I agree that was bad, but literally every other year LBs have been a strength. Fucking doogs like you hate him because he's not a sizzle recruiter.
    How do you just handwave away the 2019 linebacker performance?

He is responsible for two starting players out of eleven. It isn't hard. A year that bad is never excusable. Especially when it was entirely foreseeable years ahead of time based on how he was failing to stack talent. Look at all the guys we missed on 2015-2018. BBK only had 4 years of eligibility and we knew in 2016 he would be gone in two more years and Kieshawn and Azeem in one more year.

As it turned out we had to put an all out blitz on recruiting LBs in 2019 to try to make up for lost time. Now our roster is all jacked up in terms of class composition and yeah, a few of those guys are going to transfer.
    Im not handwaving it away. It was a disaster. There were other disasters on that team too...most position groups really underperformed

Transfers happen. The eligibility situation is awkward, but you doogs cant preach recruit and let the best players play and then get upset with transfers.
    LB wasn't the only underperforming group but it was the worst performing group and the only other one that was close had a new position coach who was coaching guys he didn't recruit.

Bob was the only coach on the staff who completely shit the bed with his own guys.

There's no one to blame but him.
    The defense by and large did enough to win. Every offensive position group fucking sucked. But Huff is a flashy recruiter so doogs dont give him the same criticism when we cant block against fucking Cal, Stanford, etc.
    He didn't get the same criticism because he wasn't coaching his own guys.

This isn't hard.
    This is a recruiting doog through and through cop out answer. Huff has been here long enough to have that be a bullshit excuse.

If you want to talk differences in scheme I'll listen, but that is a fucking doog answer. If the predecessors guys werent good in year 3 then play the guys you recruited
    Except those who followed recruiting forecast the OL was going to have a big drop-off and wouldn't you know it, they were right.

It's not just recruiting but recruiting does matter.

We ran for 182 yards on 34 carries versus Cal and 104 on 19 carries versus Stanford. The OL didn't lose those games.

The OL wasn't good but it was significantly better than the LBs last year.

@racebannon preached this same point and can back me up on this

The line did fine run blocking until they absolutely had to get a yard in 3rd or 4th and short. Then they fucking sucked.

Pass pro was an abomination made worse by a statue of a QB, but has never been good
    See the last two Oregon games

They ran when we knew they would and couldn't run when we had to

It looks better this year. If results match the talent we think we have we should good to go
    Hi there, we ran all over Oregon when it mattered in 2018. Pete just wouldn't let them finish the job.
    Losers lose.
    Yeah, the OL chose to play for the FG and blew the kick.

That shit was on Pete. They were clearly ready to win the game if he would have let them.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,612
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

Our LB situation is weird. I thought Tafisi looked good but now he is stuck behind two players with the same eligibility he has

Yeah, the LB depth chart is a real cluster fuck because you have like 6 guys who are RS Sophs or RS Freshmen for 2 positions. So when people say we are deep at LB, that's true but eligibility wise we could really have some problems in a couple years. Some will leave for playing time elsewhere, and the rest will all graduate together. We took 1 lb last year (Bruener) and it appears we are only taking 1 this year (Latu) and he comes with a giant red flag. UW could be in a world of hurt at that position in a couple years.
    I would like to personally bob Gregory for that cluster fuck of LB room. Kids going to transfer.
    I know we hate Bobby, but it’s not really his fault if/when a 3rd string LB transfers. Kids want to play.

One of those guys that aren’t in the mix are probably going to transfer. We have four guys the same class and two sophomores starting.

Unless those guys really want a UW degree, they aren’t going to stick around and be a 3rd or 4th string player.

And i will never forgive him for Wellington/Manu starting. Bob provides no value to the program and is a well paid assistant.

The Bob Gregory hate on this board never made any sense and is another DDYFS platitude

Dude he sat eddy behind manu, if that is not a fireable offense. I don’t fucking know what is
    Yeah no other position group has ever started someone when the backup was better....
    Dude after 1 game they could have just moved of from manu but they played him through the whole year
    Other position groups have had similar stories. I agree that was bad, but literally every other year LBs have been a strength. Fucking doogs like you hate him because he's not a sizzle recruiter.

He is responsible for two starting players out of eleven. It isn't hard. A year that bad is never excusable. Especially when it was entirely foreseeable years ahead of time based on how he was failing to stack talent. Look at all the guys we missed on 2015-2018. BBK only had 4 years of eligibility and we knew in 2016 he would be gone in two more years and Kieshawn and Azeem in one more year.

As it turned out we had to put an all out blitz on recruiting LBs in 2019 to try to make up for lost time. Now our roster is all jacked up in terms of class composition and yeah, a few of those guys are going to transfer.
    Im not handwaving it away. It was a disaster. There were other disasters on that team too...most position groups really underperformed

Transfers happen. The eligibility situation is awkward, but you doogs cant preach recruit and let the best players play and then get upset with transfers.
    LB wasn't the only underperforming group but it was the worst performing group and the only other one that was close had a new position coach who was coaching guys he didn't recruit.

Bob was the only coach on the staff who completely shit the bed with his own guys.

The defense by and large did enough to win. Every offensive position group fucking sucked. But Huff is a flashy recruiter so doogs dont give him the same criticism when we cant block against fucking Cal, Stanford, etc.

This isn't hard.
    This is a recruiting doog through and through cop out answer. Huff has been here long enough to have that be a bullshit excuse.

If you want to talk differences in scheme I'll listen, but that is a fucking doog answer. If the predecessors guys werent good in year 3 then play the guys you recruited
    Except those who followed recruiting forecast the OL was going to have a big drop-off and wouldn't you know it, they were right.

We ran for 182 yards on 34 carries versus Cal and 104 on 19 carries versus Stanford. The OL didn't lose those games.

The line did fine run blocking until they absolutely had to get a yard in 3rd or 4th and short. Then they fucking sucked.

Pass pro was an abomination made worse by a statue of a QB, but has never been good
    Sacks are more of a QB stat than an OL stat which has born out as all of a sudden there are no sacks.

It's my favorite thing about Morris, btw.
    Hard disagree.

If that were the case Russ would never get sacked, but the Hawks line has sucked in pass pro for years and one of the most elusive pocket QBs still get sacked.

Its 81% line 19% qb
    Sack numbers remain more static for QBs that switch teams than for OLs who switch QBs. This has proven out over long stretches of time. It's about 60-40 QB-OL or 65-35. The OL obviously plays a part.

Russ is a gambler that takes a lot of sacks. It's my least favorite thing about him. The OL has improved significantly this year but he's still taking a lot of sacks.
    Maybe, show me @thechart on your first point

And it's not like sacks are the only pass pro stat. Pressures, hurries, etc.

Bottom line is the only year the pass pro has been great was 2016, with HUGE asterisks for more talented bama and usc teams where they got annihilated
    It's pretty widely known if you dig into stats at all. Here's one article on it with links inside to a bunch of others.

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/sacks-are-a-quarterback-stat-01dxqapkgvw9
    Youre starting to sound like Chest with this metrics shit.

That article was mildly intersting but ends with him saying he needs more stats and graphs and linear regressions.

Ive played and watched enough football to know shitty pass pro when I see it.

Hi there.

You literally asked me to show you @TheChart.

Don't ask if you don't care to know.
    I said it was mildly interesting and QB plays a bigger part then I thought, but you also have to add in hurries, pressures, dropbacks, playing from behind and have the defense blitzing the fuck out of you in obvious passing downs, etc.

The guy ends the article by saying LIPO
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

This isn't hard.

Sacks are more of a QB stat than an OL stat which has born out as all of a sudden there are no sacks.

It's my favorite thing about Morris, btw.
    Hard disagree.

If that were the case Russ would never get sacked, but the Hawks line has sucked in pass pro for years and one of the most elusive pocket QBs still get sacked.

Its 81% line 19% qb
    Sack numbers remain more static for QBs that switch teams than for OLs who switch QBs. This has proven out over long stretches of time. It's about 60-40 QB-OL or 65-35. The OL obviously plays a part.

Russ is a gambler that takes a lot of sacks. It's my least favorite thing about him. The OL has improved significantly this year but he's still taking a lot of sacks.
    Maybe, show me @thechart on your first point

And it's not like sacks are the only pass pro stat. Pressures, hurries, etc.

Bottom line is the only year the pass pro has been great was 2016, with HUGE asterisks for more talented bama and usc teams where they got annihilated
    It's pretty widely known if you dig into stats at all. Here's one article on it with links inside to a bunch of others.

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/sacks-are-a-quarterback-stat-01dxqapkgvw9
    Youre starting to sound like Chest with this metrics shit.

That article was mildly intersting but ends with him saying he needs more stats and graphs and linear regressions.

Ive played and watched enough football to know shitty pass pro when I see it.

Hi there.

You literally asked me to show you @TheChart.

Don't ask if you don't care to know.
    I said it was mildly interesting and QB plays a bigger part then I thought, but you also have to add in hurries, pressures, dropbacks, playing from behind and have the defense blitzing the fuck out of you in obvious passing downs, etc.

The guy ends the article by saying LIPO
    That's progress, I'll take it.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

This isn't hard.

It looks better this year. If results match the talent we think we have we should good to go
    Hi there, we ran all over Oregon when it mattered in 2018. Pete just wouldn't let them finish the job.
    Losers lose.

That shit was on Pete. They were clearly ready to win the game if he would have let them.
    Score before 4th down

I have no issue with Pete sucking. Glad he's gone
    Hi there

We kicked on third down old man.
    Like I said glad he's gone but our O line sucked when it counted. Not just Oregon

Goes to show how stupid obsessing over assistants is.

Its the head fucking coach and we just improved greatly

• Options
    Founders Club
    edited December 2020

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

This isn't hard.

Losers lose.

Score before 4th down

Hi there

Like I said glad he's gone but our O line sucked when it counted. Not just Oregon

Lol Race, we've beaten boov uoot and coot all at home.

I hope Lake is better but beating those teams full of tuff 2 stars is a low bar
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

This isn't hard.

Losers lose.

Score before 4th down

Hi there

I hope Lake is better but that is a low bar
    Petersen is 2 and 1 right now. At best
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

This isn't hard.

Losers lose.

Score before 4th down

Hi there

I'm with you on LIPO
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

This isn't hard.

Losers lose.

Score before 4th down

Hi there

I'm with you on LIPO
    Thats actually movement from he sucks
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

This isn't hard.

Losers lose.

Score before 4th down

Hi there

I'm with you on LIPO
    Thats actually movement from he sucks
    A wise man taught me they all suck until they don't.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Stanford wins this week and Jimmy sucks again

I like cocky Jimmy against Oregon and USC.

Our dwags are intimidated by those 3 teams until they arent
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

FireCohen said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

This isn't hard.

Losers lose.

Score before 4th down

i come to bury caesar not to praise him
    Great quote but Antony goes on to do the opposite of what he initially proclaims.

Here was a Caesar, when comes such another?
    One of my favorites. Saw it in some movie as a kid and thought it was crafty

But I really do want to bury Pete