Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

ULOFOSHIO

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Just a note on Ulofoshio while we are here:

Per a Caple story during the offseason in July, Ulofoshio has always been a playmaker. During his senior year at Bishop Gorman, had 100 tackles and 15.5 tackles for loss, plus four fumble recoveries and two interceptions.

Jordan PaoPao was the one who convinced him to walk-on at UW.

Wow it’s almost like I was right, that Bob had nothing to do with Eddie!
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,285
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Per a Caple story during the offseason in July, Ulofoshio has always been a playmaker. During his senior year at Bishop Gorman, had 100 tackles and 15.5 tackles for loss, plus four fumble recoveries and two interceptions.

Dude, Bob coached Ulo.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,631
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Dude, Bob coached Ulo.
    Pretty obvious he was talking about recruiting him, not what happened after he was at UW.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

Dude, Bob coached Ulo.
    Pretty obvious he was talking about recruiting him, not what happened after he was at UW.
    Look, I didn't scroll up. All I saw was backpack say Bob had nothing to do with Eddie, which is crazy talk on its own.
  • Options

chuck said:

Dude, Bob coached Ulo.
    Look, I didn't scroll up. All I saw was backpack say Bob had nothing to do with Eddie, which is crazy talk on its own.
    How? He had nothing to do with the eval or recruitment?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited December 2020

chuck said:

Dude, Bob coached Ulo.
    I know nothing about Ulo's recruitment but I can't imagine Bob had zero say in the matter. All I know is that Bob has coached him up into a monster.
  • Options

chuck said:

Dude, Bob coached Ulo.
    I know nothing about Ulo's recruitment but I can't imagine Bob had zero say in the matter. All I know is that Bob has coached him up into a monster.
    Bob and coached up in the same sentence, made me laff
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2020

chuck said:

Dude, Bob coached Ulo.
    The kind of retard you have to be to say that a coach that has consistently turned out some of the best starting LBs in the pac12 6 out of the past 7 years somehow can't recruit at all AND cant develop is mind numbing cognitive dissidence.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Houhusky said:

chuck said:

Dude, Bob coached Ulo.
    The kind of retard you have to be to say that a coach that has consistently turned out some of the best starting LBs in the pac12 6 out of the past 7 years somehow can't recruit at all AND cant develop is mind numbing cognitive dissidence.
    He had the worst ILB group in the country last year. Bierra got worse from 16 to 17. Azeem died. Wellington got way worse from 18 to 19. BBK and Eddie are the only ones. Our special teams are god awful. Shut the fuck up with the argument already. You doog. We can fucking do better. Stop protecting below average coaches.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited December 2020

Houhusky said:

chuck said:

Dude, Bob coached Ulo.
    He had the worst ILB group in the country last year. Bierra got worse from 16 to 17. Azeem died. Wellington got way worse from 18 to 19. BBK and Eddie are the only ones. Our special teams are god awful. Shut the fuck up with the argument already. You doog. We can fucking do better. Stop protecting below average coaches.
    Just the luckiest bad coach in the history of humanity churning out one or more all pac12 LBs for 6 of the last 7 years... He does some things well and has put a very good product on the field, you cant get over being obsessed with recruiting.

Go back to reposting PFF analytics like a rip-off Chest, you are better at that then sperging out retreaded DDY talking points.
  • Options
    Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

chuck said:

Dude, Bob coached Ulo.
    Just the luckiest bad coach in the history of humanity churning out one or more all pac12 LBs for 6 of the last 7 years... He does some things well and has put a very good product on the field, you cant get over being obsessed with recruiting.

Go back to reposting PFF analytics like a rip-off Chest, you are better at that then sperging out retreaded DDY talking points.
    PFF> some retarded sports writer for Oregon State. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

Gladstone said:

Azeem was ruined by Pete. Pete fucked him over to prove his point. Hopefully Pete helped make a real difference in his life and Azeem has the chance to make millions doing something else.

Probably unpopular opinion but I could care less about the F/O’s with this one.

Somehow he still gives props to Pete. It was cuttthroat to kick Azeem while he was down and after he gave us so much, but at that point BBK was better.

I love Azeem but he was probably having too great of a time. Bierria was pretty good too and BBK was coming. BBK is a special teams guy in the NFL, but that was a baller right on Azeem’s heels that did pass him up.
    Who was it who had the story of Azeem hotboxing and getting in trouble with his landlord or something over weed? Something like that? I think it was the esteemed @BleachedAnusDawg, Esq.
    Yep, I know the guy who was the property manager that had him evicted. He always had weed and bitches at his apartment.
    #IWasThere

The injury disrupted the structured and controlled schedule and dude dove headfirst into limited responsibility drinking and smoking and just couldn't stop.

When he was kicked out they didn't have a way to move the couch very far and left the casting couch in the alley... We were all poor and lived close by so we took the couch without a second thought and left an old broken fridge pushed out the back of a friends mini van filled with 3 month old moldy university teriyaki in exchange. (Seattle waste refused to take the broken fridge without paying a fee so we did what we had too by releasing it back into the wild)
    This is the content I come here for.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited December 2020

<

No ones cares how or why he’s here. At least I don’t. We’re just happy he is here.
    A slightly short-sighted take my man. I'm glad he got lucky and Ulo is a beast but there are lots of concerning trends about Bob's ability to maintain depth. How and why we land players and develop our roster is critically important.
  • Options
    Eddie the love of my life.

Close thread.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    You know what? I'd rather have this scenario:

- booby Gregory recruits with the best ... and lands players like toot toot, brown and other highly rated players
    - those 4/5* players get coached up by the best and perform amazing and support our defensive alignments to a tee.
    - guys like eddie o get 3+ years to grow and mature and by the time they are redshirt juniors or seniors they either assert themselves so that the coaches cannot keep them off the field.
    - guys like toot toot play at BBK AA levels and leave for the draft their junior years
    - guys like Eddie o slot in and become the "diamond in the rough that surprises everyone and dominates"
    - everyone sings the praises of booby Gregory and want him to replace coach K but he demurs and says "I'm a UW linebacker coach 1st and foremost and I'll be here churning out AA 'backers every year
    I have no head coaching aspirations"
    - kyler manu became a 2nd team AA at Pacific lutheran.

Is this a pipe dream?
  • Options
    Eddie is better than BBK.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Eddie is better than BBK.

At the same stage yes.

He’s not better than senior BBK yet though