Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

ULOFOSHIO

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,583
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

This thread won't die.

Then stop fucking clicking on it C Fetters and poof it
  • Options
    PurpleSmokePurpleSmoke Member Posts: 115
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

This thread won't die.

Do we even want it to is the question...
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,316
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Imagine thinking BBK sucked. I remember wondering what the fuck some of you were watching. The guy was a playmaker and a great college football player.

Forces tons of fumbles, runs over dudes returning picks, has a TFL against Bama, and a sack vs Ohio State. But he only played good against the weak teams!

Oh yeah, had 176 tackles, All American, Pac 12 DPOY. Awards and stat lines slow, weak white guys get.

Watching his college highlight film on Youtube reminded me of what a baller he was. He was fast and was always around the ball.

And he wasn’t good only in his senior season. He was sacking Vernon Adams as a freshman and never redshirted even tho he was only 200 pounds.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2YFTUrm5sgU

I'm four pages from the end of this thread, but FUCK YES, I'm going to probably jump the gun and agree with this big time. Always backed BBK, and got a lot of shit for it in 2018 in particular. I don't make it to a lot of games, but I was in the stands for that Oregon game where he got his first snaps at linebacker. As a sub-200 pound freshman, he totally stood out. I turned to one of my dads and said, "Holy shit, that's our tiny true freshman linebacker in there! And he's killing it!"

I thought he was surprisingly good as a freshman for how small he was. I thought he regressed slightly as a sophomore, and I blamed it on him gaining weight a bit too quickly and losing a step. I thought he was a badass as a junior and an even bigger badass as a senior. I don't care if a player gets "dragged." I care that he makes plays at a high rate, and that's pretty much the definition of BBK. In the modern game, I prefer that to the big guy who's too slow to make a play but crushes the ball carrier when he does. Obviously, the ability to do both is best, but that's rare.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Wow my point has been misconstrued big time. Eddie is amazing, he’s the highest graded backer in the P5 for a reason. I believe he’s the exception to the rule because he’s underdeveloped so many guys. I don’t think Bob is a good enough recruiter or developer of talent to warrant his salary. I’d rather we bring in someone else.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,316
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

Eddie,

I’m sorry

Great player. Hits hard. Competitive. Pisses purple and deficates gold. Tough 1 star from the frozen tundra of Elk Knuckle, Siberia. Overcame the loss of a leg to become the best LB in the cuntry. Not actually black according to some since he is Nigerian. Walked on campus day 1 an allstar and hasnt been coached up since. DAWG legend.
    Wish I would have timed it. Laughed for easily over 30 seconds.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Gladstone said:

Eddie,

I’m sorry

Great player. Hits hard. Competitive. Pisses purple and deficates gold. Tough 1 star from the frozen tundra of Elk Knuckle, Siberia. Overcame the loss of a leg to become the best LB in the cuntry. Not actually black according to some since he is Nigerian. Walked on campus day 1 an allstar and hasnt been coached up since. DAWG legend.
    Fuck....this is so fucking funny
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,970
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I’m tired of arguing with @dnc and @FremontTroll. A lot of points they make are valid. I really just disagree with @backthepack because most of his are just regurgitated from DDY or Sub K.

We all like talent, but thinking the coaches are playing try hard Morris instead of Sirmon is FS. Thinking BBK sucks when he beat Azeem out was FS. Some White guys are good. Some undersized guys are good. We aren’t Bama and if/when we make the playoff again, it won’t be simply because of recruiting.

The blue chips ratio is bullshit because we aren’t getting 3-5 5 star players per class. If you don’t recognize how important evaluation is, you’re an idiot. After the elite, can’t miss guys, you have to evaluate. A lot of three star and unknown guys are better than the low 4 star guys that received maximum exposure.

At a program like UW, evaluation is so fucking crucial. Our two best players in the front 7 are either lightly recruited or a walk-on. There were tons of guys on the 2016 team that would not have gotten offers.

This.

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,583
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    animate said:

- average + to maybe above average development
    - recruiting has been extremely terrible

Putting lipstick on a pig is not something to be proud of.

Gregory may have some qualities that endear himself to the program ... but far too many misses to warrant a job.

We can do far better I think.

I nominate PGOS.

Upvoted because you references me but development has been good as road outlined...
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

I’m tired of arguing with @dnc and @FremontTroll. A lot of points they make are valid. I really just disagree with @backthepack because most of his are just regurgitated from DDY or Sub K.

We all like talent, but thinking the coaches are playing try hard Morris instead of Sirmon is FS. Thinking BBK sucks when he beat Azeem out was FS. Some White guys are good. Some undersized guys are good. We aren’t Bama and if/when we make the playoff again, it won’t be simply because of recruiting.

The blue chips ratio is bullshit because we aren’t getting 3-5 5 star players per class. If you don’t recognize how important evaluation is, you’re an idiot. After the elite, can’t miss guys, you have to evaluate. A lot of three star and unknown guys are better than the low 4 star guys that received maximum exposure.

At a program like UW, evaluation is so fucking crucial. Our two best players in the front 7 are either lightly recruited or a walk-on. There were tons of guys on the 2016 team that would not have gotten offers.

I’m not team Sirmon anymore #TeamHuard
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,912
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I’m not team Sirmon anymore #TeamHuard
    How convenient. Still not going to admit you were dead ass wrong on the qb choice for this year.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,958
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Azeem was ruined by Pete. Pete fucked him over to prove his point. Hopefully Pete helped make a real difference in his life and Azeem has the chance to make millions doing something else.

Probably unpopular opinion but I could care less about the F/O’s with this one.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Azeem was ruined by Pete. Pete fucked him over to prove his point. Hopefully Pete helped make a real difference in his life and Azeem has the chance to make millions doing something else.

Probably unpopular opinion but I could care less about the F/O’s with this one.

Somehow he still gives props to Pete. It was cuttthroat to kick Azeem while he was down and after he gave us so much, but at that point BBK was better.

I love Azeem but he was probably having too great of a time. Bierria was pretty good too and BBK was coming. BBK is a special teams guy in the NFL, but that was a baller right on Azeem’s heels that did pass him up.
    Who was it who had the story of Azeem hotboxing and getting in trouble with his landlord or something over weed? Something like that? I think it was the esteemed @BleachedAnusDawg, Esq.