Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Thots RE: Utah Win

Comments

• Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,807
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Cade Otton on the final 88 yard game winning drive:

“In the huddle we all just looked at each other and we knew what we needed to do. It’s either score a touchdown and win the game. Or don’t and we lose the game. It’s crazy, football is so complicated but in that moment it was so simple. We just needed to execute, go down the field and score a touchdown and win the game.”

On his favorite part of being a TE:

“First and foremost I want to drive someone into the ground. That’s got to be number one. I’m an extra tackle first and foremost, and then if I get the ball here and there that’s fine.

On Dylan Morris:

“Incredible. Coach Lake talked about it at halftime. Things weren’t going well, we had zero points, but DMO had the same look on his face. Not too high, not too low. He’s a great leader, and it showed up in the second half.”

NTD, BB. After 20 years in the military I always wanted guys around me who could stay calm.
    Calm in the moment, but ice in his veins celebration after. Was perfect
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

“In the huddle we all just looked at each other and we knew what we needed to do. It’s either score a touchdown and win the game. Or don’t and we lose the game. It’s crazy, football is so complicated but in that moment it was so simple. We just needed to execute, go down the field and score a touchdown and win the game.”

“First and foremost I want to drive someone into the ground. That’s got to be number one. I’m an extra tackle first and foremost, and then if I get the ball here and there that’s fine.

On Dylan Morris:

“Incredible. Coach Lake talked about it at halftime. Things weren’t going well, we had zero points, but DMO had the same look on his face. Not too high, not too low. He’s a great leader, and it showed up in the second half.”

True OKG. He’s allowed to say he likes getting the ball better after 100 yard games. Pete is gone. Talk some shit Otton.
    I actually believe him. The way he blocks, I 100% believe he gets off on pancaking dudes or driving them back 10 yards. He’s a bully and I love him. He just happens to also have great hands.
    George Kittle says the same thing too. I like my white TEs TUFF
  • Options
    WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

On Dylan Morris:

True OKG. He’s allowed to say he likes getting the ball better after 100 yard games. Pete is gone. Talk some shit Otton.
    I actually believe him. The way he blocks, I 100% believe he gets off on pancaking dudes or driving them back 10 yards. He’s a bully and I love him. He just happens to also have great hands.
    Cade's blocking in the Utah game wasn't quite as good as in the previous two, but was still pretty good. He's playing at an AA level, blocking like Dissly and catching the ball like Hunter. Also, Westover had way fewer snaps and Culp's blocking was just ok. I didn't see Redman play at all.
  • Options
    WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

Woof said:

On Dylan Morris:

Cade's blocking in the Utah game wasn't quite as good as in the previous two, but was still pretty good. He's playing at an AA level, blocking like Dissly and catching the ball like Hunter. Also, Westover had way fewer snaps and Culp's blocking was just ok. I didn't see Redman play at all.
    Hunter dropped the ball a lot.

He's catching *better* than Hunter.
    Fair poont. Cade hasn't done those one-handed Rose Bowl catches yet though, so it's probably even-ish? My point was more that he's a much bigger threat in the passing game than Sample, Dissly, or Daniels ever were. Maybe that's scheme as much as it is talent though.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2020
    Woof said:

dnc said:

Woof said:

On Dylan Morris:

Fair poont. Cade hasn't done those one-handed Rose Bowl catches yet though, so it's probably even-ish? My point was more that he's a much bigger threat in the passing game than Sample, Dissly, or Daniels ever were. Maybe that's scheme as much as it is talent though.
    I think he is sample with slightly better hands. Sample is looking pretty good at cinci last time i saw him play
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

FireCohen said:

Woof said:

dnc said:

Woof said:

On Dylan Morris:

I think he is sample with slightly better hands. Sample is looking pretty good at cinci last time i saw him play
    He's much better than Sample
    Idk I thought sample was pretty good player, too bad petersen’s offense was too busy shifting them around instead of throwing it their way.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    FireCohen said:

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

Woof said:

dnc said:

Woof said:

On Dylan Morris:

He's much better than Sample
    Idk I thought sample was pretty good player, too bad petersen’s offense was too busy shifting them around instead of throwing it their way.
    Yes, Sample was pretty good. Otton is amazing.

Ergo, much better than Sample.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

Kamari's block was incredible in real time. Free blitzer up the middle and Kamari obliterated him. That play never happens without him.
    Kamari has always been a reliable blocker. Recall a few years ago when we played Colorado and Kamari was used exclusively to pick up CU's blitzes and lead for Gaskin.

I don't see McGrew or Davis making those types of blocks (at least not yet for Davis).