Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Thots RE: Utah Win

12346»

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,621
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Kamari's block was incredible in real time. Free blitzer up the middle and Kamari obliterated him. That play never happens without him.
    Kamari has always been a reliable blocker. Recall a few years ago when we played Colorado and Kamari was used exclusively to pick up CU's blitzes and lead for Gaskin.

I don't see McGrew or Davis making those types of blocks (at least not yet for Davis).
    Forgot about that. He did well that game.
    Pleasant is a good blocker and a good athlete to go with impressive size. That 4th quarter reception and run was a good example of his overall skill set. I think he's the most physically talented of the backs aside from Davis. He just doesn't always get everything he can out of carries due to hesitation and not understanding when and how to use that weight.

For everyone who has been frustrated with Asa seeming to avoid contact, I wanted to point out this play again. Obviously Molden played it amazing, but peep Alex Cook. He was flying in and looking to deliver a knock out. Had the runner not been first hit by Molden, Cook would have blown him up.

Encouraging, especially when considering that Lake said Cook won the job because he’s an enforcer. Would like to see this continue.

As for Asa, this is the kind of play I want to see from him. He was soft against Utah, bailing out on the Bentley TD scramble, but against Arizona he had two breakups across the middle. More of Arizona Asa, less of Utah Asa.

It’s almost like he’s a sophomore in his 3rd start. LIPO assholes.
    He's a fucking college sophomore and a high 4* safety and doesn’t like to tackle. That's not a good sign and it's not something the youth excuse is valid for. You caIf he can't play physically enough to play the position he shouldn't be playing, period. Safeties have to tackle.

dnc said:

Houhusky said:

FireCohen said:

Spam chancellor is soft until he isn’t

One of your better efforts. Thank you. Just call it how it is. Once he starts making plays and not being a pussy, I’ll give him props.
    Players dont often go from soft pussy to big dick swinger.

When I watch back plays, I dont see a guy confused by the offensive scheme, taking wrong angles because the speed difference, or a step slow because he is over thinking things. Its not a matter of struggling to get into the game or just getting overpowered. I see a guy unwilling to even attempt to be physical.

Asa is supposed to be the 6'3" hard hitting safety that has it really fucking easy given how good the corners are. He played in every game last year except Cal (12 games).

Its not a physical or experience issue... its clearly his mentality.

Asa is easily one of the most infuriating players to watch this year, Olofosohioio is sprinting from Alaska to make tackles, Undersized molden is constantly throwing himself into the pile, ZTF is balling out, the corners are some of the best in the country and Asa is the weak link on the defense, mostly because he is fagging out not because he doesnt have the physical ability to play football.

Worst safety since Tripper Johnson.

STOp.

He’s gotten on my nerves on a couple of plays and is underachieving but he’s not even worse than Kevin King was at safety.

We’ve been spoiled with amazing DB play lately and forgotten what actual bad DBs look like.

Asa will either figure it out or get beaten out.
    Agree. He’s graded out fine. He makes the tackle when he’s supposed to the make tackle. He’s pretty good in coverage. LIPO some of you morons seem to forget we have the best DB developer in the entire country as our head coach.
    I'm with Roadie on this. UW doesn't suffer from the dearth of talent like we became used to since the advent of message boards. Excusing the starting safety, who doesn't like contact, because he's a tall, athletic champion of the underwear olympics isnt necessary anymore. Tripper Johnson isn't the next guy in the depth.

Turner could be great and could have a long NFL career ahead of him, but not if he can't be a physical tackler. Get his ass off the field and motivate him or it won't get better.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    And we're hard on him because he has AA potential for sure. I really, really want to like him but he's been pretty frustrating albeit with some good flashes.
  • Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2020

I guess we should excuse Sirmon’s missed plays because it’s his third start. I hated Sirmon last year and still think he might be our worst starter. It’s okay to notice when guys are missing plays and be critical. We are here to talk football, not make excuses because someone was a DDY 3.

I hope Turner starts making plays. It’s really fucking dumb and dishonest to make excuses for guys tho based on TBS opinions. It’s dishonest doog shit.

I want to believe in Sirmon's natural LB IQ, but right now he's almost as bad as Beef Wellington and Manure. Runs like a Clydesdale, isn't a hitter, and is horrible in pass defense because he's so slow and flat-footed. Looks like a starting LB for Eastern, not the Dawgs. So bummed Calvert appears to still be hurt, cause I think a healthy Calvert would be starting alongside War Daddy Eddie. Phonzo, Tafisi, and Heimuli have all been pretty meh thus far. Phonzo would be my vote to usurp Sirmon.

Sirmon, Asa, and Cook (and my boy Irvin) have turned in the most disappointing performances thus far. A lot of flat-footed, pussy shit.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I feel like the bigger problem for Asa is having confidence in reading the play and knowing how he should fill. A lot of the time he looks really tentative coming down into the box.

I think the tackling will be fine when his confidence improves and he has a better feel for the game, we know he has the capability to hit guys.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

I feel like the bigger problem for Asa is having confidence in reading the play and knowing how he should fill. A lot of the time he looks really tentative coming down into the box.

I think the tackling will be fine when his confidence improves and he has a better feel for the game, we know he has the capability to hit guys.

On the GL play I felt like he was unwilling to leave the man he was covering like he had no clue where the line of scrimmage was.
    That is a good point and the proper counter-argument, I think. Looking at it again and I think you're right.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Gladstone said:

dnc said:

On the GL play I felt like he was unwilling to leave the man he was covering like he had no clue where the line of scrimmage was.
    That is a good point and the proper counter-argument, I think. Looking at it again and I think you're right.
    Lacking game awareness isn’t exactly better news, just different bad.