Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Crabtree on Sherman "He made one play all game"

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
That's because they only threw on him once the entire game.

Comments

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,764 Founders Club
    Crabtree really needs to STFU. Your team lost. Just go home and enjoy the off-season.
  • RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    I lack twitters skills, but this is from @KingCrab15

Film don't lie... @nflnetwork @espn pull up the tape of that game and show me where this guy is the best? #fake #fake #fake
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    Makes sense, there's a fuck ton of sour grapes in Northern California I hear.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    does that excuse crabtree for disappearing in all three times he's played seattle since they got good?
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,764 Founders Club
    edited January 2014
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    dnc said:

Twice....... Sherm had one PI called in addition to the tip. Your point is of course correct. Difficult for a DB to make plays when the opposing offense refuses to risk turnover by throwing the ball his way, but that does make him a significant part of the game. This all seems obvious...... could Crab have been giving Sherm a backhanded compliment?

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Let's for a second assume that Crabtree was right that Sherman didn't do shit all game ...

Sherman did shit when it was winning time ... Crabtree didn't ...

I'll take the ballers that make plays at winning time every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    Not a good look.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    When you try the best with a sorry ass reciever like Crabdribble that's what you're going to get.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tailgater said:

dnc said:

Twice....... Sherm had one PI called in addition to the tip. Your point is of course correct. Difficult for a DB to make plays when the opposing offense refuses to risk turnover by throwing the ball his way, but that does make him a significant part of the game. This all seems obvious...... could Crab have been giving Sherm a backhanded compliment?

Good call, forgot the hold

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,000
    dnc said:

Who would have thought that the new Deion Sanders would hail from fucking Stanford?

I'd still take Sanders in the return game though.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

Who would have thought that the new Deion Sanders would hail from fucking Stanford?

Yeah, but I'd take Sherman in run support.

Deion's the best of all time, but Sherman's pretty damn good.

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club
    dnc said:

dnc said:

To be fair, Sherman is going to need to play at the highest levels for many more years before comparing him to Deion is even worth talking about. Sherman is a friggin baller, and if he is still eating guys up like this in 5-6 years, then we can break out the Deion comparisons. I was never huge fan of Deion, but damn man, that guy was dynamite and the best cover corner for a decade.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Swaye said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

To be fair, Sherman is going to need to play at the highest levels for many more years before comparing him to Deion is even worth talking about. Sherman is a friggin baller, and if he is still eating guys up like this in 5-6 years, then we can break out the Deion comparisons. I was never huge fan of Deion, but damn man, that guy was dynamite and the best cover corner for a decade.
    Why weren't you a Deion fan? He wasn't classy?
    Swaye said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

that's accurate. I agree with dnc, Sherman > Deion in run support, though I never bought into the hype that Sanders was a particular liability against the run game. Most great cover corners are a little light to be taking on NFL backs running down hill.

one of many things I'll always remember about Sanders was Steve Young's view of him. Young, it's been said, was disapproving of Sanders on a personal level, but in an interview he was one of the first guys to describe him taking taking away an entire quadrant of the field. "You just put out of your mind any notion of going in his direction with the ball." that Young/Rice/Jones/Taylor passing game was, in my view, the most lethal ever (and I'm a Dan Marino fan), and to hear the trigger guy, who probably doesn't even like Sanders, freely acknowledge that when you played him you just crossed that part of the field out of your game plan, that says a lot.

Sherman is pretty damn good though. Agreed.
    agreed. Pete Carroll is a fantastic coach.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

agreed. Pete Carroll is a fantastic coach.

Pete Carroll is going to make one hell of a full time GM / VP for a team.

The mother fucker can build a team.