Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rittenhouse- you decide

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,864
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2020

He’s a retard but he should walk.

He's far from a retard. You might not like his published support for law enforcement, or his involvement in this incident, or the way he looks, or whatever, but objectively he's a very prepared young man who showed an incredible amount of discipline and skill in an incredibly bad situation.

He was asked to be there to help out, and he willingly stepped up to do so. He showed up prepared to provide first aid as well as protect himself and others from life threatening attacks. He did NOT spray bullets randomly into a crowd or simply walk up to Antifa/BLM asshats and shoot them, but rather attempted to escape while under life threatening attacks, resorting to fire only as a last option and only firing upon and hitting his attackers. Along the way he was in contact with emergency services and attempted to turn himself in to the police when it was finally "safe" for him to do so. Definitely not a retard.
    How can you conclude he was "objectively prepared"? He was running for his damn life from an angry mob and is lucky to be alive. I can appreciate and respeck the kid's desire to DO SOMETHING, but he was way in over his head from the get go.

Shooting someone dead - even when it's justified - is a huge pain in the ass. The kid proactively got into a life or death situation he had no business being in. Contrast Rittenhouse's choices with, say, the images of the well armed black store owners in MN protecting their property and livelihood. Those grown ass men were prepared and had enough firepower to dissuade the mob.
    Christ, this reminds me of your position on Nick Sandmann. You immediately took the mob's position in slandering the kid because he wore a hat you don't like, so he was begging for it, right? How's that played out?

Rittenhouse had every right to be there, was asked to do so and was extremely prepared. His actions bear this out. He was not in over his head, he not only survived but did so in a highly disciplined display of self defense. The kid was more than a grown ass man, he was fucking nails.
    This is prepared? Give me a fucking break. Like I said, things came really god damned close ending up very badly for the kid.

Fuck off. What happened during that exchange? Kyle survives by capably shooting his attackers, and only his attackers. The first attacker was trying to kill him by bashing his head in with a skateboard. Kyle drops him dead with a shot to the chest. The second attacker attempts to shoot Kyle, and Kyle takes out the guy's "shooting" arm. Was Kyle at risk? Absofuckinglootely. But he was beyond prepared, and performed impeccably.

He's far from a retard. You might not like his published support for law enforcement, or his involvement in this incident, or the way he looks, or whatever, but objectively he's a very prepared young man who showed an incredible amount of discipline and skill in an incredibly bad situation.

He was asked to be there to help out, and he willingly stepped up to do so. He showed up prepared to provide first aid as well as protect himself and others from life threatening attacks. He did NOT spray bullets randomly into a crowd or simply walk up to Antifa/BLM asshats and shoot them, but rather attempted to escape while under life threatening attacks, resorting to fire only as a last option and only firing upon and hitting his attackers. Along the way he was in contact with emergency services and attempted to turn himself in to the police when it was finally "safe" for him to do so. Definitely not a retard.
    How can you conclude he was "objectively prepared"? He was running for his damn life from an angry mob and is lucky to be alive. I can appreciate and respeck the kid's desire to DO SOMETHING, but he was way in over his head from the get go.

Shooting someone dead - even when it's justified - is a huge pain in the ass. The kid proactively got into a life or death situation he had no business being in. Contrast Rittenhouse's choices with, say, the images of the well armed black store owners in MN protecting their property and livelihood. Those grown ass men were prepared and had enough firepower to dissuade the mob.
    Christ, this reminds me of your position on Nick Sandmann. You immediately took the mob's position in slandering the kid because he wore a hat you don't like, so he was begging for it, right? How's that played out?

Rittenhouse had every right to be there, was asked to do so and was extremely prepared. His actions bear this out. He was not in over his head, he not only survived but did so in a highly disciplined display of self defense. The kid was more than a grown ass man, he was fucking nails.
    This is prepared? Give me a fucking break. Like I said, things came really god damned close ending up very badly for the kid.

Fuck off. What happened during that exchange? Kyle survives by capably shooting his attackers, and only his attackers. The first attacker was trying to kill him by bashing his head in with a skateboard. Kyle drops him dead with a shot to the chest. The second attacker attempts to shoot Kyle, and Kyle takes out the guy's "shooting" arm. Was Kyle at risk? Absofuckinglootely. But he was beyond prepared, and performed impeccably.
    Well this is the Tug Tavern for you. Only in this shit hole are you telling a guy to FUCK OFF who was already in agreement with you on the following:

- KR acted in self defense and shouldn't go to prison
    - KR was a good shot with his rifle
    - KR wasn't a white nationalist

Fucking Christ is right.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I understand why people strongly suggest the kid should have stayed home. I get it...less people would have died that night (probably), what if it was my kid, he was 17, etc...I totally get that.

However, as somebody pointed out (Race, I think?), what about the Revolutionary war? Should people have stayed home and not fought in that? How do we determine when somebody else should think something is worth fighting for? I can say that *I* personally would not have gone out into the streets with a rifle trying to protect people and property, but that's just me. I'm not going to judge somebody else for taking on a dangerous task.

These threads tell us which poasters will stand up and fight for freedom, and which won't.

Goddamnit I hate Monday morning quarterbacking, especially the blame-the-victim kinds.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I understand why people strongly suggest the kid should have stayed home. I get it...less people would have died that night (probably), what if it was my kid, he was 17, etc...I totally get that.

However, as somebody pointed out (Race, I think?), what about the Revolutionary war? Should people have stayed home and not fought in that? How do we determine when somebody else should think something is worth fighting for? I can say that *I* personally would not have gone out into the streets with a rifle trying to protect people and property, but that's just me. I'm not going to judge somebody else for taking on a dangerous task.

These threads tell us which poasters will stand up and fight for freedom, and which won't.

Goddamnit I hate Monday morning quarterbacking, especially the blame-the-victim kinds.
    What have you done this year to fight for freedom? Examples please. Saying Kyle Rittenhouse made the right choice to show up in Kenosha that day on a college football message board does not constitute fighting for freedom.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Has there ever been an armed conflict in human history when atleast one idiot far away in his ivory tower didn't say, "well they were an idiot for being there in the first place"?

It was probably said about the "idiots" at Lexington, probably said about the "idiots" at the Alamo, and probably said about the "idiot" freedom fighters in France in 1940...

If only those people had just complied and left it up to the people in charge and let the trained military to the job for them, Im sure things would have turned out better.

On that note... A "no blood for oil" antiwar friend of mine (when I was still a leftist) once said about a friend of mine that had permanent ankle damage from IED shrapnel in Afghanistan; "He volunteered, he knew what he was volunteering for, he shouldn't have been there if he didnt want to be in danger."
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,233
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

What have you done this year to fight for freedom? Examples please. Saying Kyle Rittenhouse made the right choice to show up in Kenosha that day on a college football message board does not constitute fighting for freedom.

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Houhusky said:

Has there ever been an armed conflict in human history when atleast one idiot far away in his ivory tower didn't say, "well they were an idiot for being there in the first place"?

It was probably said about the "idiots" at Lexington, probably said about the "idiots" at the Alamo, and probably said about the "idiot" freedom fighters in France in 1940...

If only those people had just complied and left it up to the people in charge and let the trained military to the job for them, Im sure things would have turned out better.

On that note... A "no blood for oil" antiwar friend of mine (when I was still a leftist) once said about a friend of mine that had permanent ankle damage from IED shrapnel in Afghanistan; "He volunteered, he knew what he was volunteering for, he shouldn't have been there if he didnt want to be in danger."

I just don't see it in a paramilitary context.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

My "idiot" maternal grandfather stormed the beaches of Normandy. So many similarities between what he did, the guys at The Alamo, the Minutemen, and the freedom fighters of the Kenosha riots.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,233
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Houhusky said:

My "idiot" maternal grandfather stormed the beaches of Normandy. So many similarities between what he did, the guys at The Alamo, the Minutemen, and the freedom fighters of the Kenosha riots.

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter

Sledog said:

Kid didn't really want to shoot anyone and that photo proves it. But when forced to defend himself he did.

What psisses me off is the shibag ANTIFA felon that he "disarmed" hasn't been charged with a fucking thing! Felon in possession of a firearm, ADW and assault for starters. What were the chances all three shitbird ANTIFA fags were felons and a child molestor or two?
    We know the first guy shot was a sex offender from Phoenix.
    Sounds like the title of a Country and Western song.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,533
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

Kid didn't really want to shoot anyone and that photo proves it. But when forced to defend himself he did.

What psisses me off is the shibag ANTIFA felon that he "disarmed" hasn't been charged with a fucking thing! Felon in possession of a firearm, ADW and assault for starters. What were the chances all three shitbird ANTIFA fags were felons and a child molestor or two?
    We know the first guy shot was a sex offender from Phoenix.
    Sounds like the title of a Country and Western song.
    more like punk rock music - just needs a little modification

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFZl7kjBmRo
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

He went to a hipster bar and reported back on the hipster battle strategy.

Almost lost his life.

• Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,861
    Standard Supporter
    If that was me out there that night, given how pissed off I get sometimes, I probably would have wound up

I'll fight for freedom, but that night my niece had a piano recital and I promised her I'd come.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

First of all, you're flat wrong.

But sure, since you asked. Researched policy and gave speeches at school board meetings, worked on political campaigns, organized and marched in valid protests, organized opposition groups to very bad, very damaging policies that affected tens of thousands of students and student-athletes in SPS, coordinated and led efforts to unseat corporate whores (all good Dems, of course) from the School Board, led cleanup efforts in my neighborhood, coached sports where I instilled personal accountability into my players - often to the chagrin of the "Trophies for All" crowd, youth leader for outdoor activities including training youth in shooting live pistols, rifles and shotguns, you know, 2nd Amendment stuff. Shall I go on, PissMan?

I retired from most of the above as my kids aged up and out, and I realized I could contribute more to most causes by writing a check than giving my time and energy. Rittenhouse had every right to go wherever the fuck he wanted, armed as he was, because in a free country, nobody gets to tell him what to do, and he was there to do good, not bad. And we need more people just like Kyle who believe in their country and are willing to put their ass on the line for it.

The kid's a fucking hero. Sad you can't see it.
    Get out of the fucking road, hippy
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2020

But sure, since you asked. Researched policy and gave speeches at school board meetings, worked on political campaigns, organized and marched in valid protests, organized opposition groups to very bad, very damaging policies that affected tens of thousands of students and student-athletes in SPS, coordinated and led efforts to unseat corporate whores (all good Dems, of course) from the School Board, led cleanup efforts in my neighborhood, coached sports where I instilled personal accountability into my players - often to the chagrin of the "Trophies for All" crowd, youth leader for outdoor activities including training youth in shooting live pistols, rifles and shotguns, you know, 2nd Amendment stuff. Shall I go on, PissMan?

I retired from most of the above as my kids aged up and out, and I realized I could contribute more to most causes by writing a check than giving my time and energy. Rittenhouse had every right to go wherever the fuck he wanted, armed as he was, because in a free country, nobody gets to tell him what to do, and he was there to do good, not bad. And we need more people just like Kyle who believe in their country and are willing to put their ass on the line for it.

Good. You should be commended @TurdBomber . Seriously.

And as we've discussed at length, I was starting to fight my own battles (in person and over email) with Seattle Public School over BLM week in school and trans gender indoctrination in the 7 months we were in Kindergarten. But then we left, so I can't say how it would have played out for me in Seattle.

But I will take offense to saying Kyle isn't a hero = not standing up for freedom.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,781

And as we've discussed at length, I was starting to fight my own battles (in person and over email) with Seattle Public School over BLM week in school and trans gender indoctrination in the 7 months we were in Kindergarten. But then we left, so I can't say how it would have played out for me in Seattle.

But I will take offense to saying Kyle isn't a hero = not standing up for freedom.
    History will ultimately tell us Kyle Rittenhouse was either a hero that stood up to chaos or he'll be held up as the product of evil white patriarchal society who killed the founding revolutionaries.

There won't be any in between.

We'll learn about it in the Re-education camps or on the Trump Network Afterschool Special.

• Options

Get out of the fucking road, hippy
    We had permits. We marched on weekend mornings. We never blocked traffic except to cross at a few intersections - with the light - but excuse the folks in wheel chairs, they took a little longer than the crossing light.
  • Options

I'm a dork who carries a copy of the constitution in my checkbook. Well, actually a monogrammed Daytimer(TM) - Remember those? Ho Lee Fuck.

No offense, Roady.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

History will ultimately tell us Kyle Rittenhouse was either a hero that stood up to chaos or he'll be held up as the product of evil white patriarchal society who killed the founding revolutionaries.

There won't be any in between.

We'll learn about it in the Re-education camps or on the Trump Network Afterschool Special.

Throbber hyperbole is best hyperbole.