Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rittenhouse- you decide

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,887
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sledog said:

He’s a retard but he should walk.

He's far from a retard. You might not like his published support for law enforcement, or his involvement in this incident, or the way he looks, or whatever, but objectively he's a very prepared young man who showed an incredible amount of discipline and skill in an incredibly bad situation.

He was asked to be there to help out, and he willingly stepped up to do so. He showed up prepared to provide first aid as well as protect himself and others from life threatening attacks. He did NOT spray bullets randomly into a crowd or simply walk up to Antifa/BLM asshats and shoot them, but rather attempted to escape while under life threatening attacks, resorting to fire only as a last option and only firing upon and hitting his attackers. Along the way he was in contact with emergency services and attempted to turn himself in to the police when it was finally "safe" for him to do so. Definitely not a retard.
    How can you conclude he was "objectively prepared"? He was running for his damn life from an angry mob and is lucky to be alive. I can appreciate and respeck the kid's desire to DO SOMETHING, but he was way in over his head from the get go.

Shooting someone dead - even when it's justified - is a huge pain in the ass. The kid proactively got into a life or death situation he had no business being in. Contrast Rittenhouse's choices with, say, the images of the well armed black store owners in MN protecting their property and livelihood. Those grown ass men were prepared and had enough firepower to dissuade the mob.
    The mob looked pretty disueded. Oh and dead.
    You're a funny guy, Sled.

• Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,572
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    And the latest news is that he used his stimulus money to buy the rifle. Who gives a fuck. That’s not news.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    SFGbob said:

jecornel said:

Regardless of him making good or bad decisions the major fucking problem is how the incident has been positioned by the MSM.

The networks are crafting our supposed reality.

Yeah, smearing him as a white supremacist or even a "right-winger" is bullshit. Other than supporting the cops do we even know anything about his politics? I've read a couple pieces now on the people he shot both from lefty outlets like the WaPo and LATimes that couldn't more sympathetic to the "victims."
    Hes white and not leftist.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    jecornel said:

And the latest news is that he used his stimulus money to buy the rifle. Who gives a fuck. That’s not news.

Interesting. The original reporting was that someone gave him the rifle.

Actually, that is a lie. It's not interesting at all.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    Nothing I've read or seen in this story, which is a lot, has changed my mind that the kid shouldn't have been there. For that matter, no one should have been there. Protests are dumb. I don't care what your cause is, get out of the fucking road.

What my mind has been changed on, with @Swaye being the first making the argument, is how he handled himself once in the situation. He didn't fire indiscriminately and fired only when directly attacked.

People died in the street, not in someone's house. There must be a legal process. However, I hope that he is acquitted.

Big picture, I feel the country got lightly that there were relatively few of these incidents.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,870
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Need to get Florida to set the example and clear the right for property owners to shoot looters. If the National Guard or the police aren't going to protect people and property then you need the right.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,747
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

alumni94 said:

SFGbob said:

Btw, has anyone heard or read anything more on the shooting of Jacob Blake that sparked this riot? Has there been any official state/police report on the shooting released?

Those cop(s) will walk also.

Pretty good evidence that Blake was already carrying a knife when he went around the front of the vehicle to open up the door of the mini-van. He'd already been tasered twice and was fighting with the police while carrying a knife. How were the police to know that he wasn't going for a gun inside the vehicle? Bullshit that the media has lost all interest in the facts surrounding this incident.
    Blake is yet one more unfortunate victim of police violence because he ignored "The Talk."

Apparently that "always show your hands and don't reach for anything, cooperate with police and be polite, etc.," part of "The Talk" was forgotten when he needed it most.

Hard to understand how something every parent of a black child must mandatorily engage in with their youths, unlike white kids, whose parents never say anything about not mouthing off to cops, not running from cops, not getting physical with cops, etc., can go so wrong. Did all these black police shooting victims just forget about "The Talk?"

Is collective, stress-induced amnesia an epidemic in these cases? Or is "The Talk" another load of bullshit? The evidence points to the latter.
    "The talk" is a pet peeve of mine for all the reasons you laid out.
    We all got the Fucking Talk! For fuck sake, was anyone listening when Officer Friendly came to school and did his Q & A? I got "the talk" about a hundred times growing up, from numerous men of various occupations, and a few moms, too. I can't stand hearing black folks complain about what an exclusive black-only burden "the talk" is.

Gimme a break. There's real issues out there with blacks and cops, but knowing how to de-escalate a police encounter is not one of them.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,747
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Houhusky said:

jecornel said:

How could anyone possibly know what specific thing stimulus money was used for? Isn't it all fungible once its in your account?

Does that mean Im going to get accused of using the stimulus money to buy a bunch of tanerrite, VIP dances, illegal Cubans, and blow?

Thread Winner
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,870
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

alumni94 said:

SFGbob said:

Btw, has anyone heard or read anything more on the shooting of Jacob Blake that sparked this riot? Has there been any official state/police report on the shooting released?

Pretty good evidence that Blake was already carrying a knife when he went around the front of the vehicle to open up the door of the mini-van. He'd already been tasered twice and was fighting with the police while carrying a knife. How were the police to know that he wasn't going for a gun inside the vehicle? Bullshit that the media has lost all interest in the facts surrounding this incident.
    Blake is yet one more unfortunate victim of police violence because he ignored "The Talk."

Apparently that "always show your hands and don't reach for anything, cooperate with police and be polite, etc.," part of "The Talk" was forgotten when he needed it most.

Hard to understand how something every parent of a black child must mandatorily engage in with their youths, unlike white kids, whose parents never say anything about not mouthing off to cops, not running from cops, not getting physical with cops, etc., can go so wrong. Did all these black police shooting victims just forget about "The Talk?"

Is collective, stress-induced amnesia an epidemic in these cases? Or is "The Talk" another load of bullshit? The evidence points to the latter.
    We all got the Fucking Talk! For fuck sake, was anyone listening when Officer Friendly came to school and did his Q & A? I got "the talk" about a hundred times growing up, from numerous men of various occupations, and a few moms, too. I can't stand hearing black folks complain about what an exclusive black-only burden "the talk" is.

Gimme a break. There's real issues out there with blacks and cops, but knowing how to de-escalate a police encounter is not one of them.
    It isn't de-esclation that BLM wants, it is right for blacks to physically resist arrest with no ramifications. Hell, they want the jails emptied.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,803
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2020

Nothing I've read or seen in this story, which is a lot, has changed my mind that the kid shouldn't have been there. For that matter, no one should have been there. Protests are dumb. I don't care what your cause is, get out of the fucking road.

What my mind has been changed on, with @Swaye being the first making the argument, is how he handled himself once in the situation. He didn't fire indiscriminately and fired only when directly attacked.

People died in the street, not in someone's house. There must be a legal process. However, I hope that he is acquitted.

Big picture, I feel the country got lightly that there were relatively few of these incidents.

On the subject of showing up at protests...

Proverbs 29:9 If a wise man contendeth with a foolish man, whether he rage or laugh, there is no rest.

Don't you be going Biblical here.....just don't do that.....

• Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,891
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Founders Club

jecornel said:

Interesting. The original reporting was that someone gave him the rifle.

Actually, that is a lie. It's not interesting at all.
    I think the original fake news was that we brought the gun across state lines and that was evidence of premeditation and white supremacy. It was a lazy assumption because he lived in Illinois I’m sure. I also recall later reading that someone did give him the rifle but the transfer actually took place in Wisconsin.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

alumni94 said:

SFGbob said:

And in most all of our urban areas the "issue" is the amount of crime being committed by blacks.

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

alumni94 said:

SFGbob said:

It isn't de-esclation that BLM wants, it is right for blacks to physically resist arrest with no ramifications. Hell, they want the jails emptied.
    Growing up I had the expectation that if I were to ever get into a fight with the cop or even run from the cops at best I was going to get an ass kicking.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,862
    Standard Supporter
    jecornel said:

Exactly my thoughts when I Googled him a couple days ago. I kept waiting to read the part of the articles where it explained why we should care. Those parts don't exist.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,695

Probably shouldn't have been. Audie Murphy was 17 when he enlisted and fought Germans and was the most highly decorated soldier of WWII and probably ever. Many enlisted by lying about their age. He felt compelled to do something just like they did.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,887
    Swaye's Wigwam
    RoadTrip said:

17 year olds have died for this country since the Revolution

Initially I tended to agree with the just stay home but this video tells the whole story. He was there doing good. And the pedophile and the other dude got everything they asked for. Fuck them

Edit to add that Joe will have 17 year olds being shot again in no time

I don’t think the kid committed murder. Just saying sit it out. It was a poor choice to show up good intentions or not.
    I understand your position and no matter what anyone says here, your logic is sound. That said, people are getting fed up with the bullshit going on in this country. I could have had my CWP but if I'm being honest I don't want to be put in a situation where I might kill someone. I do now carry a basball bat in my trunk. But in terms of this kid and what he did I can't fault his passion and desire to fucking do something. The right has just sat back and taken shit from the entire left, their media, all of academia, the courts and the massive government industial complex for 60 years. It's coming to a boiling point and because the left can't beat the right on a level playing field of ideas they must turn to violence. This kid and thousands more like him have decided not to turn the other cheek anymore. It only gets worse from here but nobody should denigrate you for advising your friends and family to stay out of the fight; mostly because the truth is nothing is going to change and if it does it means a whole shit ton of people died.
    There is some serious bullshit going on this country with the summer of rioting and looting. But as cathartic as it might be for someone for go all Charles Bronson at one of these retard rodeos, it's not the solution.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,695

RoadTrip said:

17 year olds have died for this country since the Revolution

Initially I tended to agree with the just stay home but this video tells the whole story. He was there doing good. And the pedophile and the other dude got everything they asked for. Fuck them

Edit to add that Joe will have 17 year olds being shot again in no time

I don’t think the kid committed murder. Just saying sit it out. It was a poor choice to show up good intentions or not.
    I understand your position and no matter what anyone says here, your logic is sound. That said, people are getting fed up with the bullshit going on in this country. I could have had my CWP but if I'm being honest I don't want to be put in a situation where I might kill someone. I do now carry a basball bat in my trunk. But in terms of this kid and what he did I can't fault his passion and desire to fucking do something. The right has just sat back and taken shit from the entire left, their media, all of academia, the courts and the massive government industial complex for 60 years. It's coming to a boiling point and because the left can't beat the right on a level playing field of ideas they must turn to violence. This kid and thousands more like him have decided not to turn the other cheek anymore. It only gets worse from here but nobody should denigrate you for advising your friends and family to stay out of the fight; mostly because the truth is nothing is going to change and if it does it means a whole shit ton of people died.
    There is some serious bullshit going on this country with the summer of rioting and looting. But as cathartic as it might be for someone for go all Charles Bronson at one of these retard rodeos, it's not the solution.
    Disagree. It would solve all that stuff. Enough people just aren't fed up enough. There is a reason this only happen in the most liberally governed communist places.