Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Rittenhouse- you decide

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Sledog said:

Nothing I've read or seen in this story, which is a lot, has changed my mind that the kid shouldn't have been there. For that matter, no one should have been there. Protests are dumb. I don't care what your cause is, get out of the fucking road.

What my mind has been changed on, with @Swaye being the first making the argument, is how he handled himself once in the situation. He didn't fire indiscriminately and fired only when directly attacked.

People died in the street, not in someone's house. There must be a legal process. However, I hope that he is acquitted.

Big picture, I feel the country got lightly that there were relatively few of these incidents.

Probably shouldn't have been. Audie Murphy was 17 when he enlisted and fought Germans and was the most highly decorated soldier of WWII and probably ever. Many enlisted by lying about their age. He felt compelled to do something just like they did.
    The military thing is a false comparison. The 17yos in Marines or whatever have been trained and supervised by a chain of command. Completely different from Rittenburg aside from the age.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Sledog said:

Nothing I've read or seen in this story, which is a lot, has changed my mind that the kid shouldn't have been there. For that matter, no one should have been there. Protests are dumb. I don't care what your cause is, get out of the fucking road.

What my mind has been changed on, with @Swaye being the first making the argument, is how he handled himself once in the situation. He didn't fire indiscriminately and fired only when directly attacked.

People died in the street, not in someone's house. There must be a legal process. However, I hope that he is acquitted.

Big picture, I feel the country got lightly that there were relatively few of these incidents.

Probably shouldn't have been. Audie Murphy was 17 when he enlisted and fought Germans and was the most highly decorated soldier of WWII and probably ever. Many enlisted by lying about their age. He felt compelled to do something just like they did.
    The military thing is a false comparison. The 17yos in Marines or whatever have been trained and supervised by a chain of command. Completely different from Rittenburg aside from the age.
    Same reason. I was only comparing the reasoning.

Kyle just made 2 million in bail.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,830
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sledog said:

Audie Murphy was trained in the US Army and led by officers into battle. There's no analogy here to Rittenhouse.

Sledog said:

Audie Murphy was trained in the US Army and led by officers into battle. There's no analogy here to Rittenhouse.
    Audie was only 17 he shouldn't have been there.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Audie was only 17 he shouldn't have been there.
    Kyle is a good shot. Get him down to the USMC 'crooting office.
  • GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,338
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes

He’s a retard but he should walk.

He's far from a retard. You might not like his published support for law enforcement, or his involvement in this incident, or the way he looks, or whatever, but objectively he's a very prepared young man who showed an incredible amount of discipline and skill in an incredibly bad situation.

He was asked to be there to help out, and he willingly stepped up to do so. He showed up prepared to provide first aid as well as protect himself and others from life threatening attacks. He did NOT spray bullets randomly into a crowd or simply walk up to Antifa/BLM asshats and shoot them, but rather attempted to escape while under life threatening attacks, resorting to fire only as a last option and only firing upon and hitting his attackers. Along the way he was in contact with emergency services and attempted to turn himself in to the police when it was finally "safe" for him to do so. Definitely not a retard.
    Yeah he did better than 99% of the anyone else in that situation would have done
    Swaye's Wigwam

He's far from a retard. You might not like his published support for law enforcement, or his involvement in this incident, or the way he looks, or whatever, but objectively he's a very prepared young man who showed an incredible amount of discipline and skill in an incredibly bad situation.

He was asked to be there to help out, and he willingly stepped up to do so. He showed up prepared to provide first aid as well as protect himself and others from life threatening attacks. He did NOT spray bullets randomly into a crowd or simply walk up to Antifa/BLM asshats and shoot them, but rather attempted to escape while under life threatening attacks, resorting to fire only as a last option and only firing upon and hitting his attackers. Along the way he was in contact with emergency services and attempted to turn himself in to the police when it was finally "safe" for him to do so. Definitely not a retard.
    How can you conclude he was "objectively prepared"? He was running for his damn life from an angry mob and is lucky to be alive. I can appreciate and respeck the kid's desire to DO SOMETHING, but he was way in over his head from the get go.

Shooting someone dead - even when it's justified - is a huge pain in the ass. The kid proactively got into a life or death situation he had no business being in. Contrast Rittenhouse's choices with, say, the images of the well armed black store owners in MN protecting their property and livelihood. Those grown ass men were prepared and had enough firepower to dissuade the mob.
    Christ, this reminds me of your position on Nick Sandmann. You immediately took the mob's position in slandering the kid because he wore a hat you don't like, so he was begging for it, right? How's that played out?

Rittenhouse had every right to be there, was asked to do so and was extremely prepared. His actions bear this out. He was not in over his head, he not only survived but did so in a highly disciplined display of self defense. The kid was more than a grown ass man, he was fucking nails.
    This is prepared? Give me a fucking break. Like I said, things came really god damned close ending up very badly for the kid.

• HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

How can you conclude he was "objectively prepared"? He was running for his damn life from an angry mob and is lucky to be alive. I can appreciate and respeck the kid's desire to DO SOMETHING, but he was way in over his head from the get go.

Shooting someone dead - even when it's justified - is a huge pain in the ass. The kid proactively got into a life or death situation he had no business being in. Contrast Rittenhouse's choices with, say, the images of the well armed black store owners in MN protecting their property and livelihood. Those grown ass men were prepared and had enough firepower to dissuade the mob.
    Christ, this reminds me of your position on Nick Sandmann. You immediately took the mob's position in slandering the kid because he wore a hat you don't like, so he was begging for it, right? How's that played out?

Rittenhouse had every right to be there, was asked to do so and was extremely prepared. His actions bear this out. He was not in over his head, he not only survived but did so in a highly disciplined display of self defense. The kid was more than a grown ass man, he was fucking nails.
    Im going to need to wait for the supreme court to tell me my opinion on this.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,232
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

This is prepared? Give me a fucking break. Like I said, things came really god damned close ending up very badly for the kid.

Fuck off. What happened during that exchange? Kyle survives by capably shooting his attackers, and only his attackers. The first attacker was trying to kill him by bashing his head in with a skateboard. Kyle drops him dead with a shot to the chest. The second attacker attempts to shoot Kyle, and Kyle takes out the guy's "shooting" arm. Was Kyle at risk? Absofuckinglootely. But he was beyond prepared, and performed impeccably.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Deserves a Medal for ridding the world of a pedo, an Antifa scumbag, and permanently disabling a felon-in-possession's shooting arm.

Kid might as well wear a cape.
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2020

Fuck off. What happened during that exchange? Kyle survives by capably shooting his attackers, and only his attackers. The first attacker was trying to kill him by bashing his head in with a skateboard. Kyle drops him dead with a shot to the chest. The second attacker attempts to shoot Kyle, and Kyle takes out the guy's "shooting" arm. Was Kyle at risk? Absofuckinglootely. But he was beyond prepared, and performed impeccably.
    I have no idea whether it was by virtue of training, luck or adrenaline, but I agree with this.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Sledog said:

Kid didn't really want to shoot anyone and that photo proves it. But when forced to defend himself he did.

What psisses me off is the shibag ANTIFA felon that he "disarmed" hasn't been charged with a fucking thing! Felon in possession of a firearm, ADW and assault for starters. What were the chances all three shitbird ANTIFA fags were felons and a child molestor or two?
    We know the first guy shot was a sex offender from Phoenix.
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,857
    Standard Supporter
    I understand why people strongly suggest the kid should have stayed home. I get it...less people would have died that night (probably), what if it was my kid, he was 17, etc...I totally get that.

However, as somebody pointed out (Race, I think?), what about the Revolutionary war? Should people have stayed home and not fought in that? How do we determine when somebody else should think something is worth fighting for? I can say that *I* personally would not have gone out into the streets with a rifle trying to protect people and property, but that's just me. I'm not going to judge somebody else for taking on a dangerous task.

Sledog said:

Kid didn't really want to shoot anyone and that photo proves it. But when forced to defend himself he did.

What pisses me off is the shibag ANTIFA felon that he "disarmed" hasn't been charged with a fucking thing! Felon in possession of a firearm, ADW and assault for starters. What were the chances all three shitbird ANTIFA fags were felons and a child molestor or two?
    Seems Kyle is being assaulted by a shod foot. Kicking people can kill them dead. Easily proven because more people are killed with feet and hands than the kind of rifle Kyle is using.
    Standard Supporter
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

What pisses me off is the shibag ANTIFA felon that he "disarmed" hasn't been charged with a fucking thing! Felon in possession of a firearm, ADW and assault for starters. What were the chances all three shitbird ANTIFA fags were felons and a child molestor or two?
    Seems Kyle is being assaulted by a shod foot. Kicking people can kill them dead. Easily proven because more people are killed with feet and hands than the kind of rifle Kyle is using.
    Chinned for "shod foot." Haven't heard shod since my plowing days.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,232
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

I have no idea whether it was by virtue of training, luck or adrenaline, but I agree with this.
    He got everything right, that requires a lot of training. Not fucking up under extreme duress is most likely a combination of all three, training, luck and adrenaline.

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Chinned for "shod foot." Haven't heard shod since my plowing days.
    Used it all the time in felony assault reports. Kicking people and them dying is a thing nut DA's don't really want to go there lately. Disturbing how bad the many of the prosecutors have become.