Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Chump Effect

Comments

• BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,837 Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

There is nothing that came be done that won’t make some people mad. What a stupid argument.

I’m sympathetic. We spent a shitload of money sending three kids to college. There should be some recognition of that for people of moderate means who paid outrageous sums.
    I’m not convinced that the people saying we shouldn’t do it because they already paid, aren’t just right wingers who would oppose it regardless.

I do think there’s lot of people like you, who could support it but feel it’s unfair. And, for the record, it is unfair.

I don’t know what you mean by “recognition”. I would say by cancelling the debt we are acknowledging that the people before got a raw deal. I don’t think any kind of compensation is on the table because the right would scream about how are we going to pay for that and dems don’t have the courage to stand up to that nonsense.
    You won't answer because you're lightweight and a coward but why the fuck do you feel you have an entitlement to the labor of others for choices you made? Why should people who never attended college be paying for your student loan debt? Why should someone who went to Community College and then to a public school because they couldn't afford a private university be paying the student loan debt of someone who chose a private liberal arts school?

It's fucking outrageous that this is even being considered.
    You are damn right it is outrageous. Anyone who is dumb enough and lacks any common sense to spend 100K on an education that they could not afford will just make the same mistake again when they end up having kids. Seriously, why in the hell should the tax payers pay for poor decision making? We all have friends who's little spoiled darlings went to private schools and came out with worthless degrees. I have a customer who sent their son and daughter to Brown for degrees in education. They owe over 150K. Do the fucking math. Those debts will never get paid on a teachers salary. When they get to the administrative level they can maybe make a dent but that will most likely be 10-15 years down the road. Sorry but that is not my fault and I object to anyone expecting me to pay for that bad decision making. Here in GA they could have sent them to a state school and had tuition paid for by the lottery. They could have come out with a degree in education from UGA and had zero debt. We can't afford to pay for that kind of stupidity.

It is outrageous that rat leadership is even thinking about buying votes with my tax dollars and it going to really stupid people.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358
    edited November 2020
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

There is nothing that came be done that won’t make some people mad. What a stupid argument.

I’m sympathetic. We spent a shitload of money sending three kids to college. There should be some recognition of that for people of moderate means who paid outrageous sums.
    I recognize it, now do you feel better? But no fucking way should other taxpayers be subsidizing you for the choices you made. This is a slap in the face to people who chose not to go to college and those of us who paid our own way through college.

Why should I or anyone else be subsidizing someone who chose to go to an expensive private college or for that matter any college? Should the guy who works as a plumber really be subsidizing the gender studies major that went to Oberlin?

My comment was based on the assumption that there will be some student loan debt relief. I think that’s a virtual certainty, don’t you? If it comes, I think parents who sacrificed to send kids to school in recent years should also get some relief.
    Work it off. What other 'debt relief' are you planning on pawning off on normal working joe taxpayer?

Parents who paid for English Lit degrees are dumbfucks. Same dumbfuck parents who think 5'2" Johnny should be on the varsity basketball team because he loves the game so much and they paid for private coaching sessions.

Dumbfucks.

I’m thinking I’ll be paying a lot more for this than “normal joe”. “normal joe” doesn’t make so much that he pays a ton of federal income tax. The bad policies that led us to this point are spilled milk.
    So a guy who never went to college but started his own plumbing business or HVAC repair and installation service is paying just as much if not more in taxes as you are Dazzler and they are actually providing a useful service to society unlike you who is leaching upon society and giving shitty legal representation to the suckers you call clients.

He shouldn't be subsidizing you because you chose to pay for your kid's college. You made that choice. Quit you're fucking bitching and get your hand out of other people's pockets in order to pay for the choices you made.
    What a sad, obsessed little man you are, blob. Like most tax benefits provided to people of moderate means--you'll recall I said that--I wouldn't be likely to benefit, nor was I proposing that I do anything but pay.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

I recognize it, now do you feel better? But no fucking way should other taxpayers be subsidizing you for the choices you made. This is a slap in the face to people who chose not to go to college and those of us who paid our own way through college.

Why should I or anyone else be subsidizing someone who chose to go to an expensive private college or for that matter any college? Should the guy who works as a plumber really be subsidizing the gender studies major that went to Oberlin?

My comment was based on the assumption that there will be some student loan debt relief. I think that’s a virtual certainty, don’t you? If it comes, I think parents who sacrificed to send kids to school in recent years should also get some relief.
    Work it off. What other 'debt relief' are you planning on pawning off on normal working joe taxpayer?

Parents who paid for English Lit degrees are dumbfucks. Same dumbfuck parents who think 5'2" Johnny should be on the varsity basketball team because he loves the game so much and they paid for private coaching sessions.

Dumbfucks.

I’m thinking I’ll be paying a lot more for this than “normal joe”. “normal joe” doesn’t make so much that he pays a ton of federal income tax. The bad policies that led us to this point are spilled milk.
    So a guy who never went to college but started his own plumbing business or HVAC repair and installation service is paying just as much if not more in taxes as you are Dazzler and they are actually providing a useful service to society unlike you who is leaching upon society and giving shitty legal representation to the suckers you call clients.

He shouldn't be subsidizing you because you chose to pay for your kid's college. You made that choice. Quit you're fucking bitching and get your hand out of other people's pockets in order to pay for the choices you made.
    What a sad, obsessed little man you are, blob. Like most tax benefits provided to people of moderate means--you'll recall I said that--I wouldn't be likely to benefit, nor was I proposing that I do anything but pay.
    MELTDOWN commencing...

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Dumbfucks.

MELTDOWN commencing...
    Ivan's run out of ideas.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

I’m not convinced that the people saying we shouldn’t do it because they already paid, aren’t just right wingers who would oppose it regardless.

I do think there’s lot of people like you, who could support it but feel it’s unfair. And, for the record, it is unfair.

I don’t know what you mean by “recognition”. I would say by cancelling the debt we are acknowledging that the people before got a raw deal. I don’t think any kind of compensation is on the table because the right would scream about how are we going to pay for that and dems don’t have the courage to stand up to that nonsense.
    You won't answer because you're lightweight and a coward but why the fuck do you feel you have an entitlement to the labor of others for choices you made? Why should people who never attended college be paying for your student loan debt? Why should someone who went to Community College and then to a public school because they couldn't afford a private university be paying the student loan debt of someone who chose a private liberal arts school?

You really think “why should I pay taxes for something I don’t use” is a heavyweight argument. That’s wild.
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,638 Founders Club
    HHusky said:

Should provide for some retroactive tax credits. I don’t feel screwed, but I can appreciate why many would. And American policy should lose the idea that progress is everyone going to college. It’s not.

It's not like you're paying $75,000 a year anyway. Why would you be upset?
    RoadTrip said:

HHusky said:

Should provide for some retroactive tax credits. I don’t feel screwed, but I can appreciate why many would. And American policy should lose the idea that progress is everyone going to college. It’s not.

It's not like you're paying $75,000 a year anyway. Why would you be upset?
    Que?
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,942

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Dumbfucks.

MELTDOWN commencing...
    Yeah, you can always tell when you've hit a nerve with the Dazzler.

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

You really think “why should I pay taxes for something I don’t use” is a heavyweight argument. That’s wild.
    Who are you pretending the strawman is when you fuck it in the ass Kobe?
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Dumbfucks.

MELTDOWN commencing...
    Translation: I am obsessed.
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Dumbfucks.

MELTDOWN commencing...
    Translation: I am obsessed.
    Yeah, exposing you for the hypocritical piece crap you are is a clear sign of obsession.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,958
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

No. Or any major at any college.

Loan forgiveness is a problem on many other levels than just annoying those of us who sacrificed to make it happen for ourselves and our kids.

HHusky did acknowledge this point. I assume he didn't mean "acknowledge" as in, a pat on the back. But rather through some kind of monetary compensation. Otherwise, IDRGAF who acknowledges anything.

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

No. Or any major at any college.

Loan forgiveness is a problem on many other levels than just annoying those of us who sacrificed to make it happen for ourselves and our kids.

HHusky did acknowledge this point. I assume he didn't mean "acknowledge" as in, a pat on the back. But rather through some kind of monetary compensation. Otherwise, IDRGAF who acknowledges anything.
    Exactly. I proposed reaching back a few years and giving a tax credit to cost of attendance paying parents of moderate means (or less).
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,203 Swaye's Wigwam
    I presume some sort of executive order is also coming then to allow the debt write-off to not count as income then too?

IRS is about to get weaponized again I suspect.