Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

My biggest take away from the game is

Comments

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,048
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited November 2020

chuck said:

I was partying Saturday night with friends. Preseason 2021 isn't important enough for me to give up my Saturday night.

You should go back to dooging how good this all is for the program.
    Bigern is turning into the purpledawgfan of the board. I wish it were not so. Once he was a reasonable semi-doog. Now he's gone full time and it's awfully familiar. Sad.
    Don't buy into the hype. When was my last doog comment? This thread is just a bunch of kneejerk fairies seeking validation for not watching the game. And they get it. "I was out partying with friends". "Give me a fucking break. NOC. There's being a negadawg and then there's this site. I'm a normal poster who doesn't fall in line with the morose, depressed crowd and get called a doog because it's all relative. Open your eyes.
    OK @CallMeBigErn, I’ll engage with you.

I watched the game. All of it. Live. Despite all my negativity (that’s been well documented on this site) about this season and my deep skepticism about the new coaches, my Grinch heart grew 81% and I decided to tune in (not like I had anything better to do, but I digress).

What I saw was some sloppy ass football from both teams. Piss poor production (the announcers and camera crew were pretty bad).

I don’t think it’s unreasonable for me to be disappointed.
    I'll engage back. We won Lake's first game as a head coach, in a fucked up season, with a backup QB, in the rain, despite some sloppy play, and because of some good play. A win is a win. I'll take it. Asking for perfect play in the first game is foolish. This is college football and there's gonna be some growing pains with new coaches and a new system. On to the next. I hope we can clean it up a bit, play McGrew more, and catch the ball gooder. And yes, my dog could have called a better game than those announcers. And fuck Tim Brando too while we're at it.

Imagine being a Penn State or a Michigan fan.
    It's nice to see you having to come up with excuses for a win.

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

I was partying Saturday night with friends. Preseason 2021 isn't important enough for me to give up my Saturday night.

Bigern is turning into the purpledawgfan of the board. I wish it were not so. Once he was a reasonable semi-doog. Now he's gone full time and it's awfully familiar. Sad.
    Don't buy into the hype. When was my last doog comment? This thread is just a bunch of kneejerk fairies seeking validation for not watching the game. And they get it. "I was out partying with friends". "Give me a fucking break. NOC. There's being a negadawg and then there's this site. I'm a normal poster who doesn't fall in line with the morose, depressed crowd and get called a doog because it's all relative. Open your eyes.
    You're policing the board.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

As texted someone else during the game, I gave up drinking before halftime as the game wasn’t worth wasting the booze (or calories) on...and if that isn’t a damning indictment of the team I don’t know what is.

I kinda was that way as well ... pretty sad
    UW must have a lot of 4 stars that suck, because Ryan Bowman/Jackson Sirmon/pick any two front 7 players continue to get blocked the fuck out of every single play.

I think if UW got just one or two more three and outs it would have gone down a lot easier.
  • Options
    LB_33LB_33 Member Posts: 323

chuck said:

chuck said:

You're policing the board.
    Great! First we had the fun police; now we have behavioral police BigErn.
    https://y.yarn.co/c8ca4841-a4a7-4ad7-b65f-229c6f0b3506_text.gif

• Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

I watched the game. All of it. Live. Despite all my negativity (that’s been well documented on this site) about this season and my deep skepticism about the new coaches, my Grinch heart grew 81% and I decided to tune in (not like I had anything better to do, but I digress).

What I saw was some sloppy ass football from both teams. Piss poor production (the announcers and camera crew were pretty bad).

I'll engage back. We won Lake's first game as a head coach, in a fucked up season, with a backup QB, in the rain, despite some sloppy play, and because of some good play. A win is a win. I'll take it. Asking for perfect play in the first game is foolish. This is college football and there's gonna be some growing pains with new coaches and a new system. On to the next. I hope we can clean it up a bit, play McGrew more, and catch the ball gooder. And yes, my dog could have called a better game than those announcers. And fuck Tim Brando too while we're at it.

They called Molden for the tackle/pass break up every play regardless of who actually made the play
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    It was a boring game. Both teams played to their strengths to run the football. And it was pretty even somehow given that OSU gave up 40 lbs a man on the lines. And there was the controversy and all. But #mydawgs are 0-1 and we’re moving on to Cincinnati.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,198
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

chuck said:

I want and expect perfection in almost everything. Everyone is getting better at almost everything why should big time college football be the exception? Ok maybe none of that is true but I can want it to be.

But yeah...I almost feel bad for those fuckers.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Canadawg said:

chuck said:

They called Molden for the tackle/pass break up every play regardless of who actually made the play
    They all look the same
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,048
    Founders Club
    edited November 2020

@Mad_Son is 100% correct, as always.

There's plenty to bitch about our own performance on Saturday. That's well documented so I won't re-hash it no matter how many cunt hairs @CallMeBigErn wants to split to try to convince you it was a good showing. It wasn't.

But then take it in totality. It was a shit performance against a shit team with completely shit athletes who we wouldn't even bother letting walk on. Coached by our shit former coordinator who probably still has to take amphetamines to muster up enough energy for a press conference. It was our first game of the season, in mid-November, because our shit conference and shit commissioner couldn't get their shit together to figure out how to a) start the season with the rest of college football, and b) build in contingency plans for when a single player contracts the vid. Add in the fact that it was played at 8 pm and we were stuck with a shit broadcaster who couldn't even remember which shitty teams he was supposed to be calling. And the refs were legendarily shit. It massively benefitted us and prevented a humiliating loss, but still, it was shit.

The whole experience was fucking shit. If you're an east-coaster like me, you were up until 2:30 in the morning watching a disaster of a production, from all parties involved. Everyone should be fucking ashamed for being a part of it and we should dismantle this conference and sell it for scraps to the Chinese.

Anyone who complains this much should be summarily beaten.